SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Jeck Jims' 2.2 3D Models v1.1 Details »»
Jeck Jims' 2.2 3D Models v1.1
Developer Last Online: Aug 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (11 votes - 5.00 average)
Released: 02-17-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 47
Models

V1.1 Werehog and Yoshi
Did not plan on making these two, never mind both within a week, but here we are. Along with the new characters, this update contains a bunch of small tweaks and bugfixes, including but not limited to: Team Monitors being corrected, and support for Amy Hugs.
I don't have a patch file for this update, as I honestly don't remember quite everyfile that was changed, so I ask that you please just download v1.1 entirely, you should still be able to just merge overtop any 1.0 version.

3D Models for SRB2
Now that 2.2.1 has arrived and models support in the game have received some much needed debugging, it's finally time to post theses publicly!
Still Saturn-Inspired, but no longer Saturn-limited.
Some may be quick to point out how most of the cast has been overhauled since 2.1, and you'd be correct. While I still take heavy inspiration from official Sega Saturn titles, I discovered how just a little bit more detail, polish, and creative liberties could get these to fit with SRB2. Following SRB2's designs and colors really make these feel like models made for this game, rather then another game's assets tossed into it. For those looking for 100% accurate Saturn nostalgia, look forward to Chripsy's Pointy Sonic, which I will also be supporting with it's own model down the road.
What's included?

As usual initial released are minimalist, with very few extra characters being supported, but hopefully there's enough to keep you all entertained while I update other characters and assets to 2.2.
Spoiler:
-All the vanilla included characters are completed
-All vanilla badiks (excluding turrets)
-All bosses, including Metal Sonic and Fang
-Most intractable objects
-Eggpack
-EggRobo
-Silver
-Blaze (no super form currently)
-Neo Sonic
-Modern Sonic
-Yoshi
-Werehog
-Modern Monitors
-Enemy Variations

Recommended Settings

Please don't ignore this, this is important and I will ignore you and your issues you have for not using these recommended settings.
Spoiler:
I only support the interpolation settings of "SOMETIMES" or "NEVER" expect visual errors if using "ALWAYS." I also optimize these models for the Model Lighting "OFF" option, as I dislike the ambient 'lighting' SRB2 applies.
How to I use these?
-Make sure your game is in OpenGL Mode, now in 2.2.1 you can swap renders in Video Settings.
-Go into video settings>"OPENGL OPTIONS", and Change Models to "ON."
CHANGELOG
Spoiler:
V1.1 Werehog and Yoshi Two new Character models added, CTF Monitors Fix, Amy Hug support, various tweaks.
V1.0.2
Small Patch correcting an oversight with Eggrobo for the battlemode mod.
V1.0.1 Modern Sonic Support has been added to the pack, simply download the patch and replace your files with the new ones.

What's next?
I plan to finish porting/updating characters as they are released in the Message Boards, Characters such as Mighty, Ray, Espio, etc. Though don't expect me to support every version of Sonic that gets a wad, the Vanilla, Pointy, and Modern/Neo are the only Sonic's I intend to make.
For Mods, Sugoi 1-3 are given, and any other notable mods that come out.
BUGS
Spoiler:
These are not my fault, and it's no use complaining in this thread about them.
-NiGHTs mode rotations on custom characters; NiGHTs requires a separate lump in characters wads for models to rotate correctly. Character creators, see the vanilla cast's files and check for "SPRTINFO." Add one to your character if you want it's model to not look like an Arwing.
-Fang; due to naming conflicts, if you switch renderers to OGL after launching in software, the playable Fang will use his sprites rather than the model. Your game must launch in OGL to use Fang's Model

Download Now

File Type: zip Jeck Jims' 2.2 Models v1.1.zip (6.29 MB, 30276 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	SELECT.gif
Views:	57707
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	26739   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.jpg
Views:	55441
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	26741   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20199.png
Views:	1193
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	26742   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20242.png
Views:	1204
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	26743   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20465.png
Views:	1119
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	26744  

Name:	srb20699.png
Views:	1403
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	26745   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20775.png
Views:	1243
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	26746   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20787.png
Views:	1235
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	26747   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20808.png
Views:	1508
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	26748   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20830.png
Views:	1790
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	26749  

Name:	srb20844.png
Views:	1596
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	26750   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20259.png
Views:	1494
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	26751   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20113.jpg
Views:	1772
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	26752   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20866.png
Views:	2813
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	26754   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20008.png
Views:	3888
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	26801  

Name:	werehog.gif
Views:	43917
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	27853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yoshi.gif
Views:	43684
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	27854   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20124.png
Views:	952
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	27855   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20096.png
Views:	1311
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	27856  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 03-25-2020   #102
Professor Eevee

Default this is preatty cool

in my opinion i think this is the best 3d model stuff.
Professor Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020   #103
「AxeCrusader」

This is actually the 3D Sonic mod we all deserved
「AxeCrusader」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020   #104
Mint

Looking forward to this being updated with more mods down the line, these models are super cool! Keep up the good work, Jeck
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020   #105
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Oh, so this explains why my Fang was in 2D despite the game being in 3D.

On a side note how hard would it be to port Metal Knuckles' Saturn model into the mod (if you want to do it indeed)
Old 03-31-2020   #106
izzy
ceo of good descriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
On a side note how hard would it be to port Metal Knuckles' Saturn model into the mod (if you want to do it indeed)
That would be nice for the M.K resprite coming soon.
izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020   #107
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
That would be nice for the M.K resprite coming soon.

Wait what? M.K will get a new set of sprites? It would be very cool because the current version is very "2.0-esque"
Old 04-01-2020   #108
TheLeopardDragon
Jeck Should make an SMS.md3

Metal Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Hinote, Shadow, Gmerl, Cream FSonic, Rouge are missing. also, I wish there was a high poly option. I'll check older packs for more missing characters.

Last edited by TheLeopardDragon; 04-01-2020 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Needed to add in more characters in the missing list.
TheLeopardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020   #109
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeopardDragon View Post
Metal Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Hinote, Shadow, Gemerl, Cream FSonic and Rouge are missing.

also, I wish there was a high poly option.

I'll check older packs for more missing characters.
Just wait a bit for the missing characters (which some of the one you mentioned aren't even released here yet!). FSonic is basically Sonic with an insta-shield so no need to create a new model for him.

Also this pack is supposed to be low-poly by design, wait that another guy is making another 3D model pack for that (you're free to make it yourself too).

Personally I am just patiently waiting for any eventual M.K and Mecha Sonic but I'm fine with having them in 2D already because I won't force the mod creator to make stuff just for me.
Old 04-13-2020   #110
Solid SOAP

Just letting you know that these are awesome.

I beat game for the first time about a week ago with the regular sprites; they are lovely as is. However, the 3D models really make this game feel like something special.

I feel like I'm playing some kind of lost SEGA Saturn Sonic game that came out between Sonic and Sonic Adventure (While still somehow being more ambitious than the latter LOL).

Thank you for these!
Solid SOAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020   #111
ThatAzazelFire
The Ghost

This seems kind of important at the time i typed this

How will you handle OCs this time around? sense there's more polished OCs releasing on the message board then before. how will they be handled?

My Twitter Account
ThatAzazelFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020   #112
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
I'm in love with these models, man. And with dropshadows?

I could say to someone that this was part of an unreleased campaign mode for Sonic Jam, and they'd believe me.
Forreal. That's what I love so much about these. Clearly this game is a "what if?" scenario for the franchise, where we're able to play a 3D game that is faithful to the original 2D entries, yet has greater ambitions ala Super Mario 64. May as well completely follow through with that fantasy aspect of it, you know?

This is truly a superb game with some great creatives behind it. I can't believe I never touched it until now.
Old 04-13-2020   #113
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
Forreal. That's what I love so much about these. Clearly this game is a "what if?" scenario for the franchise, where we're able to play a 3D game that is faithful to the original 2D entries, yet has greater ambitions ala Super Mario 64. May as well completely follow through with that fantasy aspect of it, you know?

This is truly a superb game with some great creatives behind it. I can't believe I never touched it until now.
I could even safely say that Sonic Robo Blast 2 may be the best 3D Sonic game ever created.
Old 04-14-2020   #114
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I could even safely say that Sonic Robo Blast 2 may be the best 3D Sonic game ever created.
It's hard for me to disagree. I'm a teacher in quarantine atm with a lot of free time on their hands. I've been struggling to put this damn game down. The levels are incredibly made, the replay value is through the roof, and the art, especially now with this mod, is just excellent. It's just so authentically Sonic.

EDIT: The only issue I'm having with this mod is that Sonic's model will occasionally turn yellow after turning super or completing a special stage. Is there any workaround for this? It's the only thing holding this back from being 100% perfect.

Last edited by Solid SOAP; 04-14-2020 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2020   #115
CyberKnux
Knuckles Chuckles
Extended Ban (Strike 3)

will there be mighty? yes and there is that ssn mighty dude! :)

Last edited by CyberKnux; 04-14-2020 at 04:08 AM.
CyberKnux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020   #116
Dabir
Nitpicker

Quote:
It's hard for me to disagree. I'm a teacher in quarantine atm with a lot of free time on their hands. I've been struggling to put this damn game down. The levels are incredibly made, the replay value is through the roof, and the art, especially now with this mod, is just excellent. It's just so authentically Sonic.

EDIT: The only issue I'm having with this mod is that Sonic's model will occasionally turn yellow after turning super or completing a special stage. Is there any workaround for this? It's the only thing holding this back from being 100% perfect.
Are you still on SRV2 v2.2.1? Skins randomly swapping colours was fixed in 2.2.2
Dabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020   #117
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabir View Post
Are you still on SRV2 v2.2.1? Skins randomly swapping colours was fixed in 2.2.2
Oh wow! Yes I'm in 2.2.1.

If I update it, will I lose my data?
Old 04-14-2020   #118
Magnemania

Save data is preserved between the 2.2 releases.
Magnemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020   #119
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnemania View Post
Save data is preserved between the 2.2 releases.
Awesome. I'll get to that in a sec. Thanks!

This will be great because my preferred way of playing most Sonic games is too just start from the beginning and see how far I can get while collecting all the Emeralds; Sonic's color change was a big distraction from that!

EDIT: Fixed. Much better!

Last edited by Solid SOAP; 04-14-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2020   #120
CyberKnux
Knuckles Chuckles
Extended Ban (Strike 3)

Quote:
Awesome. I'll get to that in a sec. Thanks!

This will be great because my preferred way of playing most Sonic games is too just start from the beginning and see how far I can get while collecting all the Emeralds; Sonic's color change was a big distraction from that!

EDIT: Fixed. Much better!
Alright now I was annoyed by the super sonic blue or something and it was not good until 2.2.2 released then it fixed it all!
CyberKnux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020   #121
Solid SOAP

How do I access the extra characters? It appears that I can only pick from the vanilla cast atm