[v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul

[Open Assets] [v1.3] CrossMomentum - A complete gameplay overhaul 1.3.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I don't understand why this mod is so popular.

I don't see why you need to bloat the mod with perhaps duplicate and a 2 sprite char doing the third of the mod size because being too highres in a lua mod.
I understand it's a joke but why must it take so much ? You cannot just make it smaller to take less space(even if some don't bother about size) ?

The duplicates are so you can choose the colors of Tails' shoes, or are for custom actions (see: tricking). Microwave I can sorta get, though. However, why does the presence of a joke character with 2 highres sprite automatically make the entire mod bad?

why the hell does sonic turn green and when you hold jump on a spring he stays that direction

are you playing the web beta that beta is SRB2 version 2.2.4 and the current version of SRB2 is 2.2.8 and mods have gotten more advanced since then.

Hey guys! V2.0's gonna be awhile, but I got a couple devleaks for 'yall here.

I'll be making heavy use of v2.2.9's sprite scaling for squash & stretch to make various animations feel bouncier/snappier.
srb21967.gif

srb21965.gif

Certain enemies are gonna be a hell of a lot more scary...
srb21970.gif

Spindashing has a neat new visual effect that can help with telling when it's fully charged without having to wait for sound cues. On the final rev, the aura will grow significantly larger.
srb21971.gif

Last edited:
That actually looks pretty damn sweet on Fang, like something that would have been in the vanilla game if 2.2.0 had these effects.

i've already said it when you posted about it on discord, but the squash and stretch should definitely be an optional feature. i do personally like it, but i know there's a lot of people that would be annoyed if it was forced onto them.

Wait are you the person who did something to me and my friends in srb2 2.1 and is also rafaels best friend? Whoa what the heck anyways good mod

i've already said it when you posted about it on discord, but the squash and stretch should definitely be an optional feature. i do personally like it, but i know there's a lot of people that would be annoyed if it was forced onto them.

mhhhhh.... yeah, i think the same thing as well.
maybe a command might work

Yeah, personally, I'm not a big fan of the squashing and stretching. Makes the characters look like they're made of rubber.

I accidentally discovered that Modern Sonic doesn't accelerate that much using boost. Instead without using boost you accelerate like the rest of the characters.

Instead of restricting the increased knockback to a few choice enemies, why not extend the idea to every enemy? Basically, every enemy collision would be a physics calculation, and how far you go would be determined by the speed and size of the enemy, as well as your current speed. This would also apply to damaging objects, so you'll also get variable knockback from landing on spikes, getting hit by projectiles, and hitting Egg-Monitors.

I think the squash and stretch for jumping is a bit too much, it makes Sonic look like he's a water balloon. I'd have the initial rise's stretch be much faster while removing the falling squish, it would give ball jumps a really nice sense of momentum (pun entirely attended)

when you trick on a spring, (i am using the web ver) sonic stays the direction he lands on the ground, instead of turning straight

1. the web version is 2.2.4, not 2.2.5+

2. what would be the lua for making a character with a hyper form and momentum thok, i dont get the examples

I have a character I am making with a team that essentially is like a water baloon, so wouldnt you mind sharing the squish and stretch code?
Also, how can I implement that jump momentum star thok in my character?
EDIT: Wait I didnt notice you said you will use the squish and stretch code in 2.0, sorry, I will wait for 2.0 then :P

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back