SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

NeoGreenflower Act 1 (Revamp) Details »»
NeoGreenflower Act 1 (Revamp)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 2.60 average)
Released: 03-21-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 1
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

Hey, are you all tired of repeating Green Hill Zone in official Sonic games?
Well I'm here to make you hate Greenflower for making you repeat it! (really?)

Where do I start... First of all, more than a revamp it's more like a "What happens after the game's story finishes?". Everything is back to what it would be the normal, all the plants (not the flickies, I hate them) even Greenflower Mountain is back to its former self!

There aren't any enemies now, so the only way you can die is drowning (but why would you?). But it's full of plants and... plants... I didn't really change the map that much.

Except I added two (yes) secret rooms, and some springs and speed boosters for making all the areas easily accessible

I state that the original map (obviously) was made by the developers of SRB2

Quote:
  • v-1.0 - Initial release
  • v-1.1 - Some plants have been removed due to causing lag in certain systems.
    - Fixed the problem of the "unfairly hidden room" and added a breakable wall.
    - Another secret room has been added (which is easy to find and also has a breakable wall).
    - Fixed a problem with a tiny group of plants that had missing midtextures around them.

Download Now

File Type: 7z VS_NeoGreenFlower-v1.1.7z (301.1 KB, 835 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20265.png
Views:	136
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	29227   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20267.png
Views:	2247
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	29228   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20268.png
Views:	2235
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	29229   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20269.png
Views:	125
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	29230   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20272.png
Views:	2223
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	29232  

Name:	srb20273.png
Views:	128
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	29233  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-05-2020   #2
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Permanently Banned

It's a bit of an edge case, but okay.

Shouldn't throw stones from glass houses though, you were hardly playing fair with how you hid that room either, lol.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020   #3
CyberKnux
Knuckles Chuckles
Extended Ban (Strike 3)

awesome! :D this is cool
CyberKnux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020   #4
Frostiikin
Insert funny hahas here

not a fair way to hide a secret. i had to noclip around in ogl to figure out where the hell this room was, just being able to walk through a wall isn't good level design.
Frostiikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020   #5
Jaco Boy

Im gonna be completely honest with you. The level itself is pretty cool. I really like how the level looks now that robotnik's influence is gone. But the secret room was hidden in a really shitty way. There is nothing on or near the wall that hints that you can just walk through it. The only way you can realistically find it is if you use no-clip and go out of bounds. Plus, its pretty weird that you just walk through the wall. How about placing a breakable wall there? Plus, the breakable walls have cracks in them so you know you can break them.
Old 04-05-2020   #6
Marcos
The Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime 2.0 View Post
you were hardly playing fair with how you hid that room either, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostiikin View Post
i had to noclip around in ogl to figure out where the hell this room was, just being able to walk through a wall isn't good level design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco Boy View Post
But the secret room was hidden in a really shitty way. There is nothing on or near the wall that hints that you can just walk through it. The only way you can realistically find it is if you use no-clip and go out of bounds. Plus, its pretty weird that you just walk through the wall. How about placing a breakable wall there? Plus, the breakable walls have cracks in them so you know you can break them.
Sorry, I couldn't manage to add a breakable wall, but I'll try to (although everyone who reads this comments will already know where this room is anyway)
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020   #7
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco Boy View Post
I really like how the level looks now that robotnik's influence is gone.
Yep, this is basically the good future version of the level
Old 04-05-2020   #8
Hazard88263
Just call me Haz

Oh hey, GFZ1, never played that before.
"This isn't your map" aside, you might wanna get rid of some of those flowers and trees. Not only does it just look kinda awkward with a camera distance above the default, it makes the map lag about as bad as Seraphic Skylands would on a 3DS (at 1280x800, at least).
Spoiler: I got down to around 14FPS in this spot at 640x400. (image)
Old 04-05-2020   #9
NewObedBjs.2020
Srb2 The Best Sonic Fangame

You finish the story You go back to (Neo) Green Hill Flower Zone and you have a good ending, but Techno Hill is no longer a serious factory like Grass Hill the Thz of 2.0 and other levels would be or not the same, but hey, that would be my question Good job anyway!

Last edited by NewObedBjs.2020; 04-05-2020 at 10:47 PM.
NewObedBjs.2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020   #10
Marcos
The Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard88263 View Post
you might wanna get rid of some of those flowers and trees. Not only does it just look kinda awkward with a camera distance above the default, it makes the map lag about as bad as Seraphic Skylands would on a 3DS (at 1280x800, at least).
Yea... That's an issue I thought about while making the map. My PC is also 1280x800, and many times through the game (especially DSZ2 and CEZ itself) and while editing this map also lagged my PC a bit, so instead I now play on 640x480 (mostly because my PC isn't a good one), which I think still looks good. However if you want to keep the resolution as high as posible, you could lower the draw distance (I don't remember if It was called like that). I'll come up with an idea, I just thought of making It as lively as posible, but of course it lags to have all those Things loaded at once.
Old 04-06-2020   #11
Marcos
The Marcos

Version 1.1 has been released with all the problems said fixed. Also thanks for all your feedback. And I think I'm also gonna post here the custom textures I made. Because apparently, there isn't a checkered cracked 2x2 GFZ block with vines, which I needed for fixing the secret room, that was surrounded by checkered gfz blocks with vines (and it sucks when this situation appears) so I had to extract the textures from the srb2.pk3 file and edit it myself (which thankfully, was easier thanks to how the developers organized the files) Also reposting the GF Mountain textures and a sunset GFZ
I hope this doesn't anger the developers
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GFZFLR23.png
Views:	77
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	29235   Click image for larger version

Name:	GFSM5R.png
Views:	86
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	29236   Click image for larger version

Name:	GFSM6R.png
Views:	85
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	29237   Click image for larger version

Name:	SKY2020.png
Views:	134
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	29239  
Old 04-06-2020   #12
Professor Eevee

Default nice

wow this is looking vearvy vearvy sweet i cant wait for act.
Professor Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020   #13
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Greenflower at dusk looks lovely (I've always loved when there's a twilight version of a level, even more than a night version)