This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

So2ro

The Engineer
So uhh, sonic and friends took the wrong turn from GFZ and ended up inside one of the mountains you can see from the distance

Ah yes, the update and rename no one asked for but i found myself doing out of boredom anyways.

Grotto pack features features:
-Bee infestation.
-Turtle boyos.
-Water for hydration.
-Lava for pain.
-More bees.
-Explosives.
-Jahn Davis rendition of Endless Mine & Lava Reef.
-And hopefully some fun maps for you all.

Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog:
V1.0
-Initial Release.

V1.1
-Added emerald tokens.
-Changed the number of enemies and the number of bees spawned by the Hive Elementals.
-Minor changes.

v2.0
-Renamed wad to Grotto Pack.
-Added a new act and a boss, Scorched Grotto and Explosive Grotto.
-Minor changes to act 1.

v2.0.1
-Accidentally broke map02, its fixed now

Credits
-TehRealSalt for the Game Gear Capsule, Egg Capsules are too much of a hassle.
-All the discord peeps who helped me out when i most needed.

Attachments

• srb20038.jpg
    srb20038.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 10,303
  • srb20039.jpg
    srb20039.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 10,079
  • srb20041.jpg
    srb20041.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 10,075
  • srb20052.jpg
    srb20052.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 9,709
  • srb20053.jpg
    srb20053.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 9,662
  • srb20054.jpg
    srb20054.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 9,680
  • srb20056.jpg
    srb20056.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 9,721
  • VSL_GrottoPack-v2.0.1.pk3
    5.2 MB · Views: 12,948
Last edited:
This is pretty fun, overall this is a pretty solid level so I enjoyed it! I did drown at one point because I lost my sense of direction when trying to escape the first mandatory underwater room though with the sparse air bubbles in that section which was a shame.

The way Minus' interact with objects will never stop being funny to me.
srb20034.gif

While I do think the level was pretty good in length and gameplay, I do feel there was... a bit too many bees coupled with the tnt, minuses, and what have you personally. I ended up getting hit way too many times on springs before I could see where the bees were coming from, and often times it just lead to annoyance when I had 10+ bees circling me as a minus chased me with TNT, while I needed to get on a spring to progress.

Otherwise, really good level design, solid visuals you went for, all around pretty good!

V1.1

Ended up reducing the bee spam and adding emerald tokens as i somehow forgot about them

Version 2.0 is here!

Added 2 more acts, Scorched Grotto and Explosive Grotto
Also fixed some stuff

I think the Egg Capsule needs to be a bit lower, only a couple of the seeds hit the floor before the intermission screen starts.

This is pretty fun, overall this is a pretty solid level so I enjoyed it! I did drown at one point because I lost my sense of direction when trying to escape the first mandatory underwater room though with the sparse air bubbles in that section which was a shame.

The way Minus' interact with objects will never stop being funny to me.
srb20034.gif
wait those bull guys are called minuses? i just called them (say this next part with an accent) TEXAS LONG HORNS! idk maybe its cause i live in texas idk. im still gonna call them texas long horns though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back