This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Marcos

Marcos
Hey, are you all tired of repeating Green Hill Zone in official Sonic games?
Well I'm here to make you hate Greenflower for making you repeat it! (really?)

attachment.php

Where do I start... First of all, more than a revamp it's more like a "What happens after the game's story finishes?". Everything is back to what it would be the normal, all the plants (not the flickies, I hate them) even Greenflower Mountain is back to its former self!

attachment.php

There aren't any enemies now, so the only way you can die is drowning (but why would you?). But it's full of plants and... plants... I didn't really change the map that much.

attachment.php

Except I added two (yes) secret rooms, and some springs and speed boosters for making all the areas easily accessible

I state that the original map (obviously) was made by the developers of SRB2

• v-1.0 - Initial release
  • v-1.1 - Some plants have been removed due to causing lag in certain systems.
    - Fixed the problem of the "unfairly hidden room" and added a breakable wall.
    - Another secret room has been added (which is easy to find and also has a breakable wall).
    - Fixed a problem with a tiny group of plants that had missing midtextures around them.

Attachments

• srb20265.png
    srb20265.png
    157 KB · Views: 510
  • srb20267.png
    srb20267.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 27,695
  • srb20268.png
    srb20268.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 16,344
  • srb20269.png
    srb20269.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 564
  • srb20272.png
    srb20272.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 17,689
  • srb20273.png
    srb20273.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 658
  • VS_NeoGreenFlower-v1.1.7z
    301.1 KB · Views: 5,631
Last edited:
It's a bit of an edge case, but okay.

Shouldn't throw stones from glass houses though, you were hardly playing fair with how you hid that room either, lol.

srb20187.gif

not a fair way to hide a secret. i had to noclip around in ogl to figure out where the hell this room was, just being able to walk through a wall isn't good level design.

Im gonna be completely honest with you. The level itself is pretty cool. I really like how the level looks now that robotnik's influence is gone. But the secret room was hidden in a really shitty way. There is nothing on or near the wall that hints that you can just walk through it. The only way you can realistically find it is if you use no-clip and go out of bounds. Plus, its pretty weird that you just walk through the wall. How about placing a breakable wall there? Plus, the breakable walls have cracks in them so you know you can break them.

you were hardly playing fair with how you hid that room either, lol.
i had to noclip around in ogl to figure out where the hell this room was, just being able to walk through a wall isn't good level design.
But the secret room was hidden in a really shitty way. There is nothing on or near the wall that hints that you can just walk through it. The only way you can realistically find it is if you use no-clip and go out of bounds. Plus, its pretty weird that you just walk through the wall. How about placing a breakable wall there? Plus, the breakable walls have cracks in them so you know you can break them.

Sorry, I couldn't manage to add a breakable wall, but I'll try to (although everyone who reads this comments will already know where this room is anyway)

Oh hey, GFZ1, never played that before.
"This isn't your map" aside, you might wanna get rid of some of those flowers and trees. Not only does it just look kinda awkward with a camera distance above the default, it makes the map lag about as bad as Seraphic Skylands would on a 3DS (at 1280x800, at least).
GpxeF5S.png

You finish the story You go back to (Neo) Green Hill Flower Zone and you have a good ending, but Techno Hill is no longer a serious factory like Grass Hill the Thz of 2.0 and other levels would be or not the same, but hey, that would be my question Good job anyway!

Last edited:
you might wanna get rid of some of those flowers and trees. Not only does it just look kinda awkward with a camera distance above the default, it makes the map lag about as bad as Seraphic Skylands would on a 3DS (at 1280x800, at least).

Yea... That's an issue I thought about while making the map. My PC is also 1280x800, and many times through the game (especially DSZ2 and CEZ itself) and while editing this map also lagged my PC a bit, so instead I now play on 640x480 (mostly because my PC isn't a good one), which I think still looks good. However if you want to keep the resolution as high as posible, you could lower the draw distance (I don't remember if It was called like that). I'll come up with an idea, I just thought of making It as lively as posible, but of course it lags to have all those Things loaded at once.

Version 1.1 has been released with all the problems said fixed. Also thanks for all your feedback. And I think I'm also gonna post here the custom textures I made. Because apparently, there isn't a checkered cracked 2x2 GFZ block with vines, which I needed for fixing the secret room, that was surrounded by checkered gfz blocks with vines (and it sucks when this situation appears) so I had to extract the textures from the srb2.pk3 file and edit it myself (which thankfully, was easier thanks to how the developers organized the files) Also reposting the GF Mountain textures and a sunset GFZ
I hope this doesn't anger the developers

Attachments

• GFZFLR23.png
    GFZFLR23.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 350
  • GFSM5R.png
    GFSM5R.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 326
  • GFSM6R.png
    GFSM6R.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 337
  • SKY2020.png
    SKY2020.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 364
Greenflower at dusk looks lovely (I've always loved when there's a twilight version of a level, even more than a night version)

I wish I could say that this was well executed. Its not a bad concept, don't get me wrong - I do like the thought of a more alive and post-robotnik GFZ and to an extent I think you hit it thematically. But it feels like a lot of the assets are just thrown into place here and there at random sometimes. Most of the placed trees tend to just get in the way when playing the level, and the boosters placed about with the long trails of rings feel very out of place. It could use some work, but I look forward to it, I really think this is a good concept.

I usually interpret Neo Greenflower as a pre-Robotnik GFZ, back before Greenflower Mountain got vandalised by Robotnik.

Version 1.1 has been released with all the problems said fixed. Also thanks for all your feedback. And I think I'm also gonna post here the custom textures I made. Because apparently, there isn't a checkered cracked 2x2 GFZ block with vines, which I needed for fixing the secret room, that was surrounded by checkered gfz blocks with vines (and it sucks when this situation appears) so I had to extract the textures from the srb2.pk3 file and edit it myself (which thankfully, was easier thanks to how the developers organized the files) Also reposting the GF Mountain textures and a sunset GFZ
I hope this doesn't anger the developers
You ever think of doing act 2?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back