- I give permission for this addon to be reused, modified, or ported by anyone
- I understand my submission will be rejected if it does not follow forum rules, Submissions guidelines, and/or file name conventions
The modular custom item library
xItemLib is a packageable library, allowing for easier creation of custom kart items.
A functional custom item can be made in minutes, thanks to the easy to understand "event" system.
The library takes care of all complex logic related to item distribution, so the creator only has to worry about making the item itself.
The library also comes with small quality of life improvements to regular gameplay, seen through console commands:
listxitemlists all loaded items,
xitemdebugitem(server OP command), the replacement for
kartdebugitem, features an improved interface, as well as both name and internal name searching in addition to standard numerical selection,
xitemdebugamount(server OP command), which replaces
kartdebugamount, is fully uncapped and can give item amounts past 255,
xitemdebugdistributions(server OP command), shows a graphical distribution debugger when turned on,
togglexitem(server OP command), which replaces vanilla item toggles, use this to disable items from showing up in the roulette,
xitemroulette on/offtoggles an improved client sided item roulette which only displays obtainable items at any given time, inspired by a similar feature in CTGP-7,
xitemrouletteanim on/offtoggles a less static item roulette animation.
To showcase what the library can do, a sampler pack containing various custom items is also available.
|A jar containing a strange yellow fluid. Throw it at your opponents to soak them in Jarate! Sodden opponents take Mini-Crits when hit or bumped.|
Follow up with the included Orbinaut!
|A warp pipe taken straight from the Mushroom Kingdom.|
The magic required for them to function may not exist in the numerous worlds you'll be racing in, so using one as a solid obstacle will do just fine.
|A dangerous cannon fueled by red-hot coals!|
Will slowly shoot primed Mines for a set period of time.
|“You're first and doing so well|
But here comes the Spiny Shell!”
Immediately chases first place when used, passing by every other racer on it's way. Taking on it's latest incarnation, the Spiny Shell won't land until it has fully locked on to First Place.
DKR Reverse Magnet
|A magnet so strong, no kart is safe from it's attraction! Hold the Item button to lock on to a target, and release to make them fly towards you! Be careful, as using it with no target nearby will consume the magnet.|
Pot of Greed
|"Draw two cards."|
Use this magical card to draw two Exodia pieces. Summon Exodia when 5 are collected, and hit everyone ahead! Racers further ahead get hit harder.
|Use this powerful microphone to play a famous quote from Eggman himself! The power of his announcement spins out anyone ahead of you holding onto an item! If you're being targeted by the Eggman Microphone, use your item before the countdown ends!|
To learn how to get started creating your own items, see the document linked in "More Information."
DKR Reverse Magnet custom item
Jarate item icon, "Mini-Crit!!" text, Pipe item icon
by Tiniest Turtles
Item distribution logic is a lua adaptation of Kart Krew's original code.
- Added a graphical distribution debugger, can be enabled with
kart-next's 0th place bug fix
- Re-added vanilla item toggle support
- Added Pot of Greed to the Sampler Pack. Use to draw two Exodia Pieces. Collect 5 to summon Exodia the Forbidden One
- Added the Eggman Microphone to the Sampler Pack. Use to play back a famous quip, and spin out all opponents ahead of you holding an item!
- Added Hitfeed support for the following: Jarate, DKR Reverse Magnet, Pot of Greed, Eggman Microphone
- Fixed the
XIF_UNIQUEitem flag not working
- Fixed more issues related to jarate effects
- Fixes issues related to team support with blue shell and jarate effects introduced during Sampler Pack 1.0.4
- Jarate throw now properly scales the momentum of the thrown jar according to mobjscale
- Fixed the Mine Launcher not appearing in the roulette
- Temporarily disabled compatibility with vanilla console variables as synch issues would happen otherwise
[1.0.2] [YANKED] 2021-07-22
- Vanilla items can now be toggled via the base game's item toggle hud
- Critical bugfix to the item toggle system
- Items can now be toggled via
togglexitem. When disabled, they won't show up in the item roulette.