This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
does anyone know where the srb2 2.2.10 config.zip is? (
)

look what happens if i try to make a map

Attachments

• Captureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.PNG
    Captureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.PNG
    151.8 KB · Views: 178
Hi, I'm having an issue with Zone Builder I've just installed on my notebook: I double click one of texture fields (Floor or Ceiling) to open the texture browser, but it doesn't open up. It gets stuck in this screen until I press ESC.
1647806833998.png
Probably the screen is a bit small and has a weird resolution (1366x768). I'll try to reinstall and see what happens.

EDIT:
Worked. I tried to use the previous ZoneBuilder.cfg and the issue happened again. Probably it's the culprit. :P

Something might've corrupted it. If it's interesting for debugging purposes, I can send it. Now I have to redo my configs again. ;_;

EDIT2:

Probably figured out the source of the problem, I had connected two monitors and ZB recorded the position of the browser window in the 2nd monitor, which is not connected now and can't be found.

Code:
browserwindow
{
    positionx = 855;
    positiony = -852; <--- 2nd monitor connected above the main one.
    sizewidth = 996;
    sizeheight = 600;
    windowstate = 0;
    splitterdistance = 210;
    splittercollapsed = false;
    usedgroupcollapsed = false;
    showtexturesfromsubdirs = true;
}

Post automatically merged:

look what happens if i try to make a map
You are missing a step: you need to assign a resource file (IWAD, where all textures etc are) to SRB2 config.

See: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Zone_Builder_tutorial/Getting_started#Setup

Last edited:
Was something done to Zone builder with the last update? I'm noticing more and more frequently that maps I saved before the last update are shrinking in file size!

Not the last update, but the one before that: 2.13 changed the default ZenNode configurations. Most importantly, the "Fast" and "Normal" options no longer create BLOCKMAP or REJECT lumps. This makes saving maps quicker, and decreases the filesize, especially with larger maps.

BLOCKMAP has been optional since 2.1, as SRB2 can create one if it's not provided with the map. Not that it takes up much of the nodebuilding time, but it's not really necessary either.

REJECT has always been optional, but used to be a significant optimization for line-of-sight checks in the past. However, the effects are reportedly not significant unless a map has a lot of enemies, and it does not take slopes into account. Most importantly, building the REJECT lump takes up exponentially more time* and space the more sectors a map has. Larger maps, like CEZ2 or ERZ2, have REJECT lumps that are almost as big as all other map lumps combined!

However, for cases where those lumps might be needed, two "Slow" nodebuilding settings were added: one that builds REJECT, and one that builds REJECT and BLOCKMAP. If you're convinced that REJECT makes a significant difference for your map, I would recommend using one of these "Slow" options when preparing your map for a release. This can be changed in the Game Configurations menu (F6), under the Nodebuilder tab.

* This used to be even worse with SRB2DB, where building a REJECT lump would take up the vast majority of nodebuilding time, easily taking several minutes per save on large maps...

I like this change since each map I've been working on for SRB2 the Past since I installed the update has shrunk in size, provided I didn't need to update them again after the first save with the new configurations. So while the mod might not be able to shrink down far enough for the 64mb per file limit, at least now I know that I can let out some of the bloat. 👍

I'm from the SRB2Kart community, but I'm sure it also applies to the SRB2 side as well. 2.14 can't read custom objects in Lua anymore and only reads them from SOCs. 2.13 used to do this iirc, as I have a few objects from that version that no longer appear in Zone Builder. It's not a major issue, but it's a little bit of a hassle to use SOC just to have my objects show up in the editor

I'm from the SRB2Kart community, but I'm sure it also applies to the SRB2 side as well. 2.14 can't read custom objects in Lua anymore and only reads them from SOCs. 2.13 used to do this iirc, as I have a few objects from that version that no longer appear in Zone Builder. It's not a major issue, but it's a little bit of a hassle to use SOC just to have my objects show up in the editor
Reading object data from Lua is working fine for me (as someone using the SRB2 configuration shipped with ZB 2.14).

The one editor that I know does not read Lua files is the in-progress one for UDMF maps. Perhaps something changed that is messing with the configuration for SRB2 Kart?

I have an issue with installing Zone Builder.

It says that there isn't the correct version of DirectX or whatever. When it tries to install it, it waits for a second, opens a new window for a moment, then exits the new window, with setup now saying the install failed or something

What do I have to do? Do I need to install it manually?

I'm trying to export a map as an obj, but it crashes
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Zone Builder: v2.14

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.EffectSRB2ThingVertexSlope.Update()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.SectorData.Update()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualSector.Rebuild()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualSector..ctor(BaseVisualMode mode, Sector s)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.IO.WavefrontExporter.CreateObjFromSelection(ICollection`1 sectors, WavefrontExportSettings& data)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.IO.WavefrontExporter.Export(ICollection`1 sectors, WavefrontExportSettings settings)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BuilderPlug.ExportToObj()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.MenusForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It looks like a new contributor has stepped up to the plate (with a pull request bringing crash fixes).

I hope this is the start of a new round of development for the tooling related to SRB2 level creation. I know the new Ultimate Zone Builder can also use a couple of devs. to get it up to speed and ready to go for the 2.2.11 release.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back