This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Are there any plans to add the Level Header Editor and the FOF Wizard from SRB2Workbench? Those two features are very helpful in my opinion and i wish i could see a comeback from them on the next update.

(not to mention Workbench doesn't work very well with 2.1 onwards...)

You can edit level headers using the Script Editor. (go to View -> Script Editor... or press F10)

There are no plans to impement a level header editor like Workbench did. While something like that would be convenient, it would also be cumbersome to keep it updated, or even just get it to support the large amount of level header parameters that currently exist. The Script Editor, as Goldenhog mentioned, should work well enough in combination with this wiki page about level headers. It might seem overwhelming at first, but the provided example is a great starting point that's easily tweaked for custom levels.

As for the FOF Wizard: there is a more advanced 3D Floor Mode present in Ultimate Doom Builder, an actively-maintained fork of Doom Builder 2 with many improvements over the version Zone Builder is based on. There are plans to move ZB to UDB sometime in the future, but it's currently unclear exactly when or how that's going to happen.

There are no plans to impement a level header editor like Workbench did. While something like that would be convenient, it would also be cumbersome to keep it updated, or even just get it to support the large amount of level header parameters that currently exist. The Script Editor, as Goldenhog mentioned, should work well enough in combination with this wiki page about level headers. It might seem overwhelming at first, but the provided example is a great starting point that's easily tweaked for custom levels.

As for the FOF Wizard: there is a more advanced 3D Floor Mode present in Ultimate Doom Builder, an actively-maintained fork of Doom Builder 2 with many improvements over the version Zone Builder is based on. There are plans to move ZB to UDB sometime in the future, but it's currently unclear exactly when or how that's going to happen.
It's a bit disappointing to hear Level header editor isn't really going to make a return, but i understand your decision.

On a more positive note, this is almost fully functional now:
2dflatalignment.png

The previous alignment commit has already saved me a lot of time in aligning a few textures on FOF's (as the constant trial and error that involved starting the game is gone).

The latest patch will only speed things up further, as texture mapping used to be the number 1 time wasting task when making SRB2 levels.

I gotta ask, how well would this work with Wine? Id love to give this a shot but I run on Mac currently

Is there a reason you didn't update the version number? I was seriously confused about this new update because it's the exact same number.

I gotta ask, how well would this work with Wine? Id love to give this a shot but I run on Mac currently
I don't have any personal experience with this, as I only have access to Windows, but according to Lach (who uses a Mac) it works mostly fine. Additionally, in the future, there are plans to move ZB to Ultimate Doom Builder, which allegedly has better support for non-Windows platforms.

Is there a reason you didn't update the version number? I was seriously confused about this new update because it's the exact same number.
What? The last version released by MascaraSnake was v2.9, and since then I've released v2.10 and v2.11. Each time I've made sure to update the version number in the installer, in the program itself, on the GitLab repository and on the Resource page.
If you're talking about the full version number shown in a few places, such as the About Zone Builder... window, the .2501 at the end refers to the revision of GZDoom Builder that Zone Builder is based on, which hasn't changed in years.
If you're asking why I didn't move to v3.x, these updates really aren't substantial enough to warrant such a big leap.

I have just updated the first post of this Discussion thread a little bit more, to try and prevent further confusion.

Last edited:
sphere updated Zone Builder with a new update entry:

Zone Builder v2.12

Zone Builder v2.12 has just been released, mostly containing improvements and bugfixes related Visual Mode and Thing editing.

Full changelog:
  • Added feature: Several new actions for Visual Mode.
    • Raise and lower Floor/Ceiling/Thing by the current grid size, bound to Alt+Shift+ScrollUp and Alt+Shift+ScrollDown by default.
    • Toggle Peg Midtexture and Repeat Midtexture flags, bound to P and R by default.
  • Added feature: Several actions...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't have any personal experience with this, as I only have access to Windows, but according to Lach (who uses a Mac) it works mostly fine. Additionally, in the future, there are plans to move ZB to Ultimate Doom Builder, which allegedly has better support for non-Windows platforms.
Everything works, except for the texture/flat selection window (you can work around it by typing in the name of the texture manually).

Attachments

• textureSelection.png
    textureSelection.png
    119 KB · Views: 211
Hey guys, currently I have a problem with zone builder, everytime I do something like place and edit a line def this error pops up

**EXCEPTION DETAILS** Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.LinedefEditForm.action_ValueChanges(Object sender, EventArgs e) at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ActionSelectorControl.number_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I don't know what to do? Could someone help me with this?
Post automatically merged:

Problem solved, It had something to do with a corrupt linedef I presume.
Post automatically merged:

Update, didn’t get fixed, please anyone help me.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find the 2.2 config file in the post. Is this just an issue with the new forum software, or was it removed?

The 2.2 configuration file used to be linked separately before the forum migration, as the latest version of Zone Builder at the time (v2.9) did not include it. However, it has since been removed as it became outdated with the release of v2.10 (and beyond). Any tutorials or other places that still refer to it should be updated.

It is recommended to install the latest version of Zone Builder for an up-to-date configuration file, but if you really only need the configuration file, you can also get it from the GitLab repository:

So I installed Zone Builder on a newer PC, and left click will not let me draw a line. I can start drawing a line, but no input will allow the line to actually be drawn. Not any mouse button, not any key. Rectangle Draw does nothing. All I can do is place vertices. This is a Windows 10 system.

So I installed Zone Builder on a newer PC, and left click will not let me draw a line. I can start drawing a line, but no input will allow the line to actually be drawn. Not any mouse button, not any key. Rectangle Draw does nothing. All I can do is place vertices. This is a Windows 10 system.
Wow, that's a shame. ZB is working perfectly on my Windows 10 laptop.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back