This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
So I installed Zone Builder on a newer PC, and left click will not let me draw a line. I can start drawing a line, but no input will allow the line to actually be drawn. Not any mouse button, not any key. Rectangle Draw does nothing. All I can do is place vertices. This is a Windows 10 system.
I can't seem to reproduce the issue, even with a fresh install on a W10 virtual machine... The only thing I can think of right now is a Windows 10 update possibly breaking things, aside from that I can't really give any advice aside from the usual "Have you restarted your PC?" and "Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling?".

Also, is every drawing mode broken? You mention Rectangle Draw not working, but I'm curious if the other drawing modes (especially the basic "Start Drawing" mode (Ctrl + D)) are also broken.

I'm interested to know if Ultimate Doom Builder works correctly on your machine, but I don't know how useful that information would be.

So after installing Ultimate Doom Builder, seeing that work, Zone Builder still not working, uninstalling and reinstalling Zone Builder... it works now.

What'd I do different? Why did a reinstall work when I didnt have Zone Builder on this machine until today? I don't know. But uh... it works at least.

theres a bug that comes up saying
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg
i checked the line in the config (ZoneBuilder.default) and i checked line 1026. but theres no "og"! am i checking the wrong config or is this version just broken?

i checked the line in the config (ZoneBuilder.default) and i checked line 1026. but theres no "og"! am i checking the wrong config or is this version just broken?

The .default file just contains the default settings for the configuration, you'll need to check ZoneBuilder.cfg which should be located at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Zone Builder

The .default file just contains the default settings for the configuration, you'll need to check ZoneBuilder.cfg which should be located at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Zone Builder
Oh. Thanks a bunch. I’ll let you know if it works or not.

If I insert a texture, then it is inserted everywhere, except for the place at which I am looking with the mouse. I need to click again to insert the texture. I don't understand what the problem is? Reinstallation didn't help.

I installed on a clean Windows 10

Can you send over a map where that issue happens? I can't seem to reproduce this myself.

It don't depend on the map and happens everywhere.
Did it happen in earlier versions as well?

Zone builder moment
Uh, any information on what you were doing at the time? I can tell something went wrong with reading images from a PK3 file, but any additional information would help a lot with tracking down the issue. Did you happen to have the PK3 file open in another program while using Zone Builder?

Did it happen in earlier versions as well?

Uh, any information on what you were doing at the time? I can tell something went wrong with reading images from a PK3 file, but any additional information would help a lot with tracking down the issue. Did you happen to have the PK3 file open in another program while using Zone Builder?
no like the only thing i did was place a sector or litterly anything

i know how to build starts, finishs and stuff but how to make slopes and floating platforms? and water, i need water

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back