I think you might have overkilled it a bit with your item box placements in all four of the non-Map Hell maps - you don't need so many item boxes in the same area. Two or three columns should be more than enough, in my opinion.

I thought I'd try them out, try and figure out what times they might get in Daytona...

And, hoo boy, Storm Station... That last turn with the zoom pipe. I fell off all three times I took it. And how it respawns you when you miss is very punishing.

Also, using the cecho scripts really isn't a good idea when they fill the screen at the start of a race. Given that you are using Lua, I would recommend a HUD hook to post them with double transparency instead.

Posting this as a separate post because of the attachments I'm showing to demonstrate how it can be, along with my Lua code suggestion:

Code:
local ENDTEXTTIME = 26 + (TICRATE * 7) //This makes the text disappear along with the 'GO' - but could be adjusted. I wouldn't make this more than TICRATE * 10 though.

hud.add(function(v)
	local flags = V_HUDTRANSHALF //You can replace this with V_50TRANS if you want the warning to show during the intro
	if leveltime > ENDTEXTTIME return end
	if gamemap == 975 then //Ante Station Zone
		v.drawString(160, 60, "DISCLAIMER:", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 70, "THIS MAP USES VISUAL EFFECTS", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 80, "THAT DO NOT DISPLAY IN OPENGL MODE", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 130, "START/CONTINUE THE RACE AT SONIC'S RISK", flags, "center")
	elseif gamemap == 978 then //Storm Station Zone
		v.drawString(160, 60, "IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU LEARN", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 70, "HOW TO DRIFT STORAGE IN ORDER", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 80, "TO RACE ON THIS STAGE", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 100, "REMEMBER TO HOLD [DRIFT]", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 110, "WHEN FLYING OFF OF SPRINGS", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 120, "YOU COULD EVEN STEER YOURSELF MID-AIR", flags, "center")
		v.drawString(160, 130, "THIS WAY", flags, "center")
	end
end)

The attached screenshots show how the game would display it in both of those cases.

If you want the warning to appear for new joiners, then it's a little more complex, but this allows the warning to show at the start of a race.

Attachments

• kart0314.png
    kart0314.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 178
  • kart0315.png
    kart0315.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I've tried it both with and without OpenGL, and the effect without it is negligible. Fakery Way is a much bigger deal than this.

I'd still recommend playing this track without OpenGL, because it's a very neat effect. But the warning seems unneeded.

Twins'R'Okay updated Twins' Complete Epic Cup with a new update entry:

Beginning of a Glowup

get ur free update here (SERVERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY USING THE EPIC CUP MUST UPDATE)

Changelog:

General:
Every single map (Except Entryway) is now compatible with the bot lua by @Sonic1983.
Some bloat has been cleaned out of the pack, making the filesize smaller.

Aqua Planet:
* Replaced the music with Dashing Docks Zone - Karl Brueggemann
* Sprayed some GBJ-B-Gone on certain parts of the track

Ante-Station:
* Replaced the music with Charging Alloy Zone -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, I want to play on Entryway with bots but the bots drive at like, light speed, far far faster than any other battle map, and it causes them to clip through walls. What exactly is causing this issue?

Hey, I want to play on Entryway with bots but the bots drive at like, light speed, far far faster than any other battle map, and it causes them to clip through walls. What exactly is causing this issue?
mobjscale screwing with bots.

nothing i can do to fix it as it is both an srb2k problem and a bot problem.

Ah, that sucks. Well, you did add bot support for the race tracks so I'd love to try them out. I did remove mobjscale from the params for my personal use; I'll settle playing with a scaled-down map because I really wanted to play on a map that looks like it's from Doom for a long while.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back