Twins' Epic Cup
Featuring 5 race maps, 2 hell maps and a battle map. (Maybe an additional cup in the future? idunno.)
This cup's aim is to feature stages that have a bit of a visual identity, combining pre-made and custom textures to feature a unique aesthetic.
What stages are featured? Wellllllll.....
TRACK I: Aqua Planet
Straight from the 8-bit Sonic Chaos, Aqua Planet takes place in an industrial ruin off the bay of South Island. There's barely any offroad here, so be careful, as one bump can have you be plummeting to the watery depths.
TRACK II: Ante-Station
DISCLAIMER: THIS MAP USES VISUAL EFFECTS THAT DO NOT DISPLAY IN OPENGL, THIS DOES NOT MAKE THE MAP UNPLAYABLE IN OPENGL HOWEVER. An original stage taking place in another dimension where the laws of Euclidean space doesn't always apply, this 2-lapper is not too difficult, but don't be surprised if you spinnout towards a place you might not like.
TRACK III: Heaven Pass
A remake of an old SRB2 vanilla circuit track by the same name, this one takes place in a mysterious garden high above the sky. Be careful, as one bump can send you plummeting from the stratosphere.
TRACK IV: Nightlit Woods Zone
In the woods, nearby a city, surrounding the mountains, features a stage with a midnight aesthetic like no other. A lo-fi 2 lapper that lets you r e l a x as you get bumpcoded into a hazard you probably saw coming.
TRACK V: Storm Station
Near Angel Island, above an oddly circular volcano overlooking a nearby landmass, rests a gigantic weather-control station whose purpose was once to help forcibly bring Angel Island down to cause a tidal wave, engulfing the neighboring islands and who knows what; It would've succeeded had Sonic & Tails not stopped the heinous scheme from happening just in time. This is a toughie, knowledge of drift storage is recommended to navigate these tricky turns, one wrong bump, and you'll be sent plummeting through the clouds and into the ocean, had the kart's warp drive not kick in :v.
TRACK HELL I: v2.0.x Special Stage Zone K
This piece of terrible was my first attempt at mapping for kart that I never finished..........until now.
Taking place in an alternate dimension, this stage is an homage to the Special Stages of old in SRB2's 20+ long year development cycle. (MAP SLOT IS MAPYF)
TRACK HELL II: Ante-Station Classic
An earlier revision of a map that's already in this pack! It's quality is likely questionable, but it's the only map that pushed visual portals to an extreme so there's probably some kind of quality to that. (SLOT IS MAPYH)
On their way to the next track, they took a wrong turn when crossing dimensions, and somehow ended up in a militaristic starport overrun by demons. PERFECT ARENA FOR A BATTLE.
Coming straight from DOOM II, this map is a pseudo-remake of the original stage, allowing you and a couple of your buddies to deathmatch it out as if it was 1994................except with go-karts instead of shotguns, chainguns, or plasma rifles. (supports battleplus)
* Initial Release
+ Replaced the weird shortcut pipe with offroad
+ There's now a replacement texture in place of the mirror for OGL users
* Fixed some missing textures
*The map slot has changed from Y1 to YA to avoid conflicts with other mappacks
+ Now a map pack!
+ Added Ante-Station
+ Added Horizontal Springs (By Lach and DirkTH)
+ Added a few dash panels as well as horizontal springs here and there to make the stage better flow.
+ Big u-turn now has a barrier
* Reworked the finish line area to get rid of the visual portals that were once there
* The invisible death FOFs in the arena area are now intangible.
+ Forgot to put an encore palette for Ante-Station, now it has one :>
* On both stages, there was checkpoint jank caused by unnecessary additional waypoints as well as misplaced waypoints, this should now be (hopefully) fixed.
+ Add barriers on the big S-turn to make it a little easier to traverse
+ Added blue springs at the end of both of the S turn shortcuts to make it easier to get yourself back on the right lane.
- Removed physics on a majority of the slopes and shortcuts towards the end of the lap.
* Fixed a crash caused by stupid dumbness
* Dumbness strikes again! Fixed missing textures and broken geometry near the start of the track.
+ There is now at least ONE boost pad at every spiral to hopefully make them more interesting
+ Item placements have been rearranged to hopefully encourage more competition.
+ Mini-maps have been edited for clarity
+ Beginning section has more deco in it now.
+ Slight texture upgrade.
+ Now there's asteroids* at the space part. *may not be real (good-lookin) asteroids
* New experimental spring placement at the end of both shortcuts, they shouldn't jettison you to your death now.
+ Added Heaven Pass
+ Added v2.0.x Special Stage Zone K
* Every single level select picture has been retaken and downscaled with bilinear filtering instead of nearest-neighbor, making them more crisp and high quality.
- Removed some unnecessary speed boosters in the previous two stages
* Some weird geometry has been fixed
* as well as some texture alignment issues
* The cut near the S-turn has been removed and replaced with some offroad on the concave side of both turns.
v2.0.x Special Stage Zone K:
*Fixed checkpoints spawning you under the floor.
*Fixed players being able to fall off the track at the SS6 part.
*Fixed GBJ by ADDING A DEATH PIT
+ Increased the number of checkpoints to prevent cheap deaths.
* The sloped u-turn has been made less steep
* Spring placement has been slightly changed at the platform part.
* There's now a sloped death barrier at the u-turn
v2.0.x Special Stage Zone K:
+ Another death pit has been tagged to prevent GBJs
+ Some sneaker panel textures have been fixed.
- Lap number has been reduced from 3 to 2.
*Hotfixed a crash involving missing vertex slopes
- Removed a mysterious floating item box
* Changed some lighting before the tunnel
* Moved some speed pads down further towards the finish line.
* Tweaked its Encore palette a bit more
* Added some springs at the non-euclidean spiral to hopefully fix some issues with offroad over there
* New encore palette.
* Made the waterfall translucent as well as more animated than before
* The Horizon linedef is now being used in the skybox, making it look more vast and infinite
+ Added Entryway (with BattlePlus support)
+ Added a custom flashpal to the stage.
* Revised the turn just before the arena area to improve directioning and turn flow
* Fixed a row of red springs clipping into the floor.
Hotfixed an issue where the music would play too loud, saving all of your eardrums the trouble.
Hotfixed ANOTHER issue where Freedoom's skies would conflict against the vanilla skies.
+ New, nicer looking minimaps with graphics and cool stuff on them.
+ Retook all of the level select pictures AGAIN to account for the new/edited layouts.
+ Added Encore Music
+ Added Nightlit Woods
+ Added Ante-Station Classic as a hell map (MAPYH)
* Yet another new palette to mitigate issues with skincolors
* Some boost pads have been moved, others have been lit up
* Issues with jeckpoints caused by overdrawn angles have been fixed
* Nearly 9/10ths of the stage has been overhauled, now its completely compatible with ogl
- The older version was jettisoned to hell under the name: "Ante-Station Classic"
* Now 4 laps instead of 3
* The first spiral has been extended and has been telegraphed better
* The long straightaway now has a curve to make things more interesting
* The skipping stones bit has been retooled to be more visible as well as account for all stat types
* Changed waterfall textures
+ Took advantage of Encore Load to load up a new sky/skybox exclusive to this version of the stage
*....on top of redoing the Encore Palette in general to pay homage to SRB2: The Mystic Realm's Starlit Palace/Inner Sanctum.
* The music has now been rerecorded with the right soundfont
* A slime trail caused by a midtexture has been fixed
* Fixed an animdefs crash relating to the freedoom textures
* The island in the center of the lake now has 200% gravity, making it easier to land on it with speed mods (hopefully).
Fixed a GBJ under the tunnel
Fixed a GBJ at the spiral turn
Increased the gravity on the island out of paranoia with speed mods
+ Added Storm Station.
+ Added Palette Textures and Flats for use with certain stages.
+ Nearly all of the minimaps have been tweaked/redrawn to be cleaner/more readable.
- Pack's assets are now non-reusable. The textures and flats will eventually get released as part of something on a later date
+ The stage is now flooded in certain areas.
* The waterfall at the end of the tunnel has been made transparent.
* The noclipping skybox has been fixed.
+ Minor bits of decoration added.
* The blue shortcut is now less jank, and has an indicator telling racers that it's there.
* Nearly every slope towards the end of the track has either been lowered, or their slope physics removed.
+ A Disclaimer has been added to warn OGL users about OGL's shortcomings :^(
* The sloped u-turn has been lowered.
+ Additional decoration has been added to the entire stage, keeping its visual style more in-line to its inspiration :^).
+ Encore music has been replaced with something a bit more fast-paced.
+ New, more contrasting colormap.
* Some otherwise uninteresting areas have been made more interesting.
+ Slight visual upgrades in certain areas.
- The walls of text that pops up upon level load has now been removed
* Road now glows, increasing visibility even more
+ Some additional speed boosters added near the big jump
* You shouldn't be able to fall off the final turn now