attachment.php

(or "N.R.D" for short)

This pack of overly niche racers started out as me messing around in Asesprite during a summer heat wave, but after a while it ended up becoming a fun side project from the usual video projects I do.
After making 4 characters during the last 4 months of 2020, I've decided to try my hand at a character pack and release them to the wild.

Characters:
Mr Chaos
attachment.php

Speed - 4
Weight - 3

MS Paint Incarnate has entered the scene, as this alleged “villain” from “Sonic: How It Really Began” takes center stage. With his rainbow colour scheme and stats chosen by Google’s number generator (which just so happen to add to up to 7), he’s going to make Sega “hire this man”….somehow!
To take advantage of his 2 toned coat, secondcolor support has been added for customizing its colour scheme to your liking.

Yooka Laylee*
attachment.php

Speed - 3
Weight - 7

Big Bird’s blue cousin known for his work on “Sonic Overture” and “Sonic Utopia”, has grown tired of the below average driving he’s been witnessing in these Kart compilation videos. So he decided it was up to him to show everyone how it’s done. He may not be the fastest racer but if you use your drift boost momentum to your advantage, you’ll be able to pull through in no time.
* = Not the lizard and the bat, this Youtube video got the name for “The Great Lange” mixed up with the name of that game and we’re just rolling with it for the giggles.

Goombert DX
attachment.php

Speed - 2
Weight - 6

The goomba known for questioning Mario’s whizzing habits, was seen in a kart back in the early days of 1.0’s modding scene by another user, though he looked a rather “JPEG-ey” back then. After the original Goombert was shortly lost to time for 2 years, he has been remade from the ground up with freshly drawn sprites, a bigger variety of voice lines, no more conflictions with Mit’s Goombakart, and the ability to be any colour he wishes.
Some people may ask if I was out of my freaking mind when making this, and to that I reply….maybe.
Parental Warning: The lad swears a lot

DA ROCK
attachment.php

Speed - 7
Weight - 9

A special rock from the hit SAGE 2014 Act 1 game "DA ROCK", has returned from the ashes of the Yoyogames Sandbox with a driving license. He might share Sonic’s speed but with him being well….a rock, he’s unbelievably heavy so don’t expect to pull donuts so easily.
Parental Warning: DA ROCK holds a cigar while drifting and the gloat is the “Smoke Weed Everyday” meme in reference to the invincibility power up from DA ROCK’s game.

Credits:
Sounds:
Mr Chaos' voice clips: Ringo Starr's narration of Thomas the Tank Engine
Yooka Laylee/Lange's voice clips: Lange Plays Sonic 1 & 2
Goombert's voice clips: "Mario Pissing"
DA ROCK's voice clips: Sonic Free Riders, Sonic Generations, Snoop Dog and the theme for Thomas the Tank Engine

Special Thanks:
fickleheart – For creating KartMaker
Kíbito Áyame – For the asymmetrical template for KartMaker on the Kart Krew Discord (It helped a ton while creating Mr Chaos and Lange)
Lach – Creating the “secondcolor” lua
VAdaPEGA – Kindly providing most of the sound clips used for Goombert DX
Saturn’s Rings (@SaturnsRings3) – For inspiring the idea of Mr Chaos in Kart and in turn this character pack

Screenshots:
kart0636.jpg kart0638.jpg kart0639.jpg kart0640.jpg

Attachments

• KCL_NRDispenserPack_v1.pk3
    3.5 MB · Views: 170
  • KC_NRDispenserPack_v1.pk3
    3.5 MB · Views: 174
  • KC_NRDispenserPack_Indiv_v1.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 304
  • kart0079.gif
    kart0079.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 5,468
  • kart0080.gif
    kart0080.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 5,045
  • kart0078.gif
    kart0078.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 5,485
  • kart0077.gif
    kart0077.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 5,458
  • nrdroster1.jpg
    nrdroster1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 7,841
Last edited:
SunkythePootis updated The "Niche Racer Dispenser" Pack with a new update entry:

NRD Update v1.1 - "I occasionally sunk"

Hey there. I've come to bring you not only a fancy pack icon and more convenient download options, but also a new character. And that new character is Sunky!
No, not me! I'm not hip and cool enough to be inserted into a go kart (my head is too big to wear a safety helmet anyway, no joke). I'm talking the lad from the hit "Sunky the Game" series by Looneydude, and boy does Sunky look fancy with that "First Try Shading" cream he's wearing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SunkythePootis updated The "Niche Racer Dispenser" Pack with a new update entry:

N.R.D Update v1.2 - "Aw seriously?"

A new recommended character has entered the Race for Angel Island:
One may look at this and form a question in their brain that consists of the words "aw", and "seriously", followed by getting eliminated because they were idling in last place.
Shout outs go to Aaron0000 for the High Res kart sprites and "Dark Mario Bros" for the Kart Maker template that helped make this happen.

attachment.php

(or "N.R.D" for short)

This pack of overly niche racers started out as me messing around in Asesprite during a summer heat wave, but after a while it ended up becoming a fun side project from the usual video projects I do.
After making 4 characters during the last 4 months of 2020, I've decided to try my hand at a character pack and release them to the wild.

Characters:
Mr Chaos
attachment.php

Speed - 4
Weight - 3

MS Paint Incarnate has entered the scene, as this alleged “villain” from “Sonic: How It Really Began” takes center stage. With his rainbow colour scheme and stats chosen by Google’s number generator (which just so happen to add to up to 7), he’s going to make Sega “hire this man”….somehow!
To take advantage of his 2 toned coat, secondcolor support has been added for customizing its colour scheme to your liking.

Yooka Laylee*
attachment.php

Speed - 3
Weight - 7

Big Bird’s blue cousin known for his work on “Sonic Overture” and “Sonic Utopia”, has grown tired of the below average driving he’s been witnessing in these Kart compilation videos. So he decided it was up to him to show everyone how it’s done. He may not be the fastest racer but if you use your drift boost momentum to your advantage, you’ll be able to pull through in no time.
* = Not the lizard and the bat, this Youtube video got the name for “The Great Lange” mixed up with the name of that game and we’re just rolling with it for the giggles.

Goombert DX
attachment.php

Speed - 2
Weight - 6

The goomba known for questioning Mario’s whizzing habits, was seen in a kart back in the early days of 1.0’s modding scene by another user, though he looked a rather “JPEG-ey” back then. After the original Goombert was shortly lost to time for 2 years, he has been remade from the ground up with freshly drawn sprites, a bigger variety of voice lines, no more conflictions with Mit’s Goombakart, and the ability to be any colour he wishes.
Some people may ask if I was out of my freaking mind when making this, and to that I reply….maybe.
Parental Warning: The lad swears a lot

DA ROCK
attachment.php

Speed - 7
Weight - 9

A special rock from the hit SAGE 2014 Act 1 game "DA ROCK", has returned from the ashes of the Yoyogames Sandbox with a driving license. He might share Sonic’s speed but with him being well….a rock, he’s unbelievably heavy so don’t expect to pull donuts so easily.
Parental Warning: DA ROCK holds a cigar while drifting and the gloat is the “Smoke Weed Everyday” meme in reference to the invincibility power up from DA ROCK’s game.

Credits:
Sounds:
Mr Chaos' voice clips: Ringo Starr's narration of Thomas the Tank Engine
Yooka Laylee/Lange's voice clips: Lange Plays Sonic 1 & 2
Goombert's voice clips: "Mario Pissing"
DA ROCK's voice clips: Sonic Free Riders, Sonic Generations, Snoop Dog and the theme for Thomas the Tank Engine

Special Thanks:
fickleheart – For creating KartMaker
Kíbito Áyame – For the asymmetrical template for KartMaker on the Kart Krew Discord (It helped a ton while creating Mr Chaos and Lange)
Lach – Creating the “secondcolor” lua
VAdaPEGA – Kindly providing most of the sound clips used for Goombert DX
Saturn’s Rings (@SaturnsRings3) – For inspiring the idea of Mr Chaos in Kart and in turn this character pack

Screenshots:
View attachment 23271 View attachment 23272 View attachment 23273 View attachment 23274
sus

Last edited:

Hotfix - Abrupt Removal

This has been difficult for me to think about prior to making this decision, but I've decided to no longer include "Yooka Laylee" as part of my character pack.
"Yooka Laylee" was an inside joke that I'm no longer comfortable keeping up, because of recent outside events that I will not mention here.
I apologize for any inconveniences caused, and I hope I don't do have to make a repeat of this in the future.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back