Resource icon

[Open Assets] The Momentum Mod 1.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Tails' speed is always capped when flying - even when fully descending, Tails will be dragged back to 36~40 speed if he's in a flying state and going any faster than that.

Dunno if that's intentional cuz lol spinfly or not because this is the Momentum Mod and such.

I like to use this website to open rar files.
https://extract.me/

It can open all sorts of archives.
Sending all the archives you want to open to a website to do it for you is slow, shares your information with a third party, and an ongoing, completely unnecessary risk of malicious tampering. Just get an application for it from the mac app store instead.

There is a problem with Tails. I think nerfing his flight ascend flight was a mistake, preventing certain emblems from being accessible, like Emblem D (orange diamond) at the end of CEZ 2 (the one where you have to spam the sh*t out of Tails's flight to reach it).
//Limit speed of ascent
if pmo.momz*flip > 4*scale/water then
pmo.momz = flip*max(4*scale/water,pmo.momz*flip-friction)

Last edited:
Holy crap the Momentum mod and Spamdash combined is op
Also here is an example of that combined with my bad srb2ing

Attachments

• srb20010.gif
    srb20010.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 331
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it appears that the speed cap is still in effect when the player runs on ice.

I have one question about this mod: is the effect of momentum greater when rolling, or is it the same as running?

The new CrossMomentum is better, but this is great on it's own.

1. Crossmomentum isn't a new version of this mod.
2. BRUH, this mod is more like Sonic 1-3 experience, and Xmomentum are new psychics, why would you compare both????

2. BRUH, this mod is more like Sonic 1-3 experience, and Xmomentum are new psychics, why would you compare both????

TBF, XMomentum's core physics are an edit of the Momentum Mod, sooooo.

XMomentum's meant to be a complete overhaul, this just "fixes" the issue of a hard speed cap in SRB2, with a few other tweaks. It isn't wise to compare the two other than in the case of comparing their momentum.

However, there isn't a need to mindlessly bash on the person's opinion, though.

TBF, XMomentum's core physics are an edit of the Momentum Mod, sooooo.

XMomentum's meant to be a complete overhaul, this just "fixes" the issue of a hard speed cap in SRB2, with a few other tweaks. It isn't wise to compare the two other than in the case of comparing their momentum.

However, there isn't a need to mindlessly bash on the person's opinion, though.

sorry 'bout that

I don't even like XMom, is too different from vanilla (also Tails is sh*t in that mod xd)

This is simple and great c:

I don't even like XMom, is too different from vanilla (also Tails is sh*t in that mod xd)

This is simple and great c:
Simply calling something "shit" is very helpful criticism, and it will definitely help me improve him in future updates. How difficult is it for people to just say what it is they dislike about stuff, jesus christ...

Why?

Simply calling something "shit" is very helpful criticism, and it will definitely help me improve him in future updates. How difficult is it for people to just say what it is they dislike about stuff, jesus christ...

Let's see miss, are you saying you hate the boy's opinion?
You just look at how we are doing on this server, it is not necessary to call it shit, "it is only to give an opinion", if he does not like your mod, or whatever the hell you are, I'm SURE, that he should respect anyone, We are not all here to look pretty, we are here to show talent, and never, alas, how badly do we respect other people, who may also have the same ability, it is not only you, but also us, you see us as rats looking for mods, just because if?
What a community ..

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back