Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola)

Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola) v2.2.0

Really? Huh, that explains it XD. ty!
An issue since the game got updated to v2.2.9. Because inside the lua, the check changes the ability from CA_NONE to CA_GLIDEANDCLIMB when using ram charge. CA_GLIDEANDCLIMB had something to do with bustable walls at the time. That's been changed to having the SF_CANBUSTWALLS to the whole breakable walls thing. I can say for sure that's been fixed for a while. Unlikely that a v1.2.2 patch would be a thing.

DirkTheHusky updated Dirk & Whirl - The Kinetic Duo with a new update entry:

Team Kinetic v2.0 update out now!

Heyo! Been a while huh? Got another huge update for you! Vesola the Bee comes to SRB2 in the new v2.0 update!
View attachment 50586
She's an intelligent Bee who has the ability to manipulate plants to her will. While she can't spin jump like Whirl, you can use the power of plants to also destroy enemies. Players would use Vesola for not only getting to high places, but also send badniks flying from the ground. With her addition. DirkChars has been renamed to Team Kinetic! Check...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vesola is so much fun to play with! Though I have noticed some minor issues throughout my playthrough:
I noticed a strange issue where despite having graphics for failing tricks for all characters for when CrossMomentum is loaded, the fail sprites still use the damage sprites, as if there was no fail graphic to be found. Another issue is that for some reason and Vesola has no super palette when transforms into her Super Form, so she looks exactly like her normal form.

Can we have a command that makes it so whenever Whirl hits a wall or an foe he will say a meme? Like the ones when he sometimes hits a wall?

Vesola is so much fun to play with! Though I have noticed some minor issues throughout my playthrough:
I noticed a strange issue where despite having graphics for failing tricks for all characters for when CrossMomentum is loaded, the fail sprites still use the damage sprites, as if there was no fail graphic to be found. Another issue is that for some reason and Vesola has no super palette when transforms into her Super Form, so she looks exactly like her normal form.
I took a look in the addon and I realized I forgot to add in the SPR2 freeslot for it. While it does work now, the mod had to be added in first, then the characters. This should be fixed in a patch.

Can we have a command that makes it so whenever Whirl hits a wall or an foe he will say a meme? Like the ones when he sometimes hits a wall?
I rather not because its meant to be some "easter egg" or funny. I would kill the mood if it was a normal bonk sound. Also reminds me of one command that I never explained.

I have a small problem. When I use Dirk, and go off an ice platform, SRB2 just crashes. No other mods are used.

I have a small problem. When I use Dirk, and go off an ice platform, SRB2 just crashes. No other mods are used.
Mod has some problems with running on custom EXEs like the uncapped build. It may get fixed in a future patch or update.

Dirkpickup. Its a command that determines if players can ride on the ice surf trail when the player who spawned it is surfing. It's on by default.

Dirkpickup. Its a command that determines if players can ride on the ice surf trail when the player who spawned it is surfing. It's on by default.
I...definitely wish I had learned this sooner. Or at least, I wish the servers I frequent on the master server did. Many of them flat-out refuse to host this mod and from what I've gathered, it's because Dirk's Ice Surf is frequently used to grief other players in co-op mode.

seems that with the new update, the dirk and whirl pairing's CSS artwork doesn't display. this is the only artwork that doesn't show up.

srb20084.png

thankfully, i took a look inside the pk3 and found the incredibly minor issue (doesn't make it any less bizarre).

unknown.png

it looks like the ampersand was unencoded back into %26, which according to a quick search is what an ampersand is in some scripting languages. i have absolutely no idea how that would happen, but it should be pretty easily fixable.

There is a bug with Dirk in the ring slinger code that causes enemies that have a target to be unable to damage anything except their target. This effects everything when the addons is loaded regardless of whether anyone is actually playing Dirk or not.

More specifically it is in lua/dirk/Ringbattle.lua line 940.
I'm not entirely sure but I believe the all of the return false calls around that line were intended to return nothing instead.

There is a bug with Dirk in the ring slinger code that causes enemies that have a target to be unable to damage anything except their target. This effects everything when the addons is loaded regardless of whether anyone is actually playing Dirk or not.

More specifically it is in lua/dirk/Ringbattle.lua line 940.
I'm not entirely sure but I believe the all of the return false calls around that line were intended to return nothing instead.
Thanks for the note, but ringslinger is irrelevant in terms of netgaming, but this might also apply to battle. If anything gets pointed out inside of ringslinger that also works for battle, it may go in a future update if battle abilities for the chars get improved.

Thanks for the note, but ringslinger is irrelevant in terms of netgaming, but this might also apply to battle. If anything gets pointed out inside of ringslinger that also works for battle, it may go in a future update if battle abilities for the chars get improved.
Sorry I wasn't entierly clear. It is in the ringslinger lua script but it effects ALL gamemodes including Singleplayer/Co-op where it definitely does matter.

dJdNupY.gif

Last edited:
i would love to play with all three of them in a team like Team Sonic. I have the Buddy EX mod on and i thought it would allow this sadly i was mistake but it would have been a boon for it to have done so. But i still love this mod.

loading this addon in 2.2.10pre1 and trying to steer as whirl causes the game to sigsev every time. might wanna look into that one before 2.2.10 releases proper

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back