Tangle the Lemur

Tangle the Lemur 1.0.2

I can see why people find the controls a little confusing but I think I see the logic in how functionality is "swapped" when jumping.

If you're on the ground and you want to accelerate you do it by anchoring the tail and using it to fling yourself. When you're on the ground anchoring is how you go faster or quickly change direction. It's tied to moving, so it happens when you press spin while holding directions.

When you're in the air you want to be able to swing off walls and ceilings to move around. When you're in the air that's what's tied to moving so it happens when you're holding a direction there too.

Anchoring is for stopping if you're in the air but it's for moving when you're on the ground, so the controls reflect that. Options for people who prefer it to be different would be a nice feature though.

I can see why people find the controls a little confusing but I think I see the logic in how functionality is "swapped" when jumping.

If you're on the ground and you want to accelerate you do it by anchoring the tail and using it to fling yourself. When you're on the ground anchoring is how you go faster or quickly change direction. It's tied to moving, so it happens when you press spin while holding directions.

When you're in the air you want to be able to swing off walls and ceilings to move around. When you're in the air that's what's tied to moving so it happens when you're holding a direction there too.

Anchoring is for stopping if you're in the air but it's for moving when you're on the ground, so the controls reflect that. Options for people who prefer it to be different would be a nice feature though.
I do intend to have a "tangleanchorcontrols" console command or something like that that reverses the controls for the ground in a future update c;

I don't know if it's already fixed in an upcoming update, but Tangle's continue token doesn't seem to have its sprite offsets set, so it's really low on the continue screen and special stages.

monke-related creature, 10 outta 10
Ok, being serious now: The movement feels SOOOO fluid, for real, you can go full monkey mode and climb a thousand walls, combo 2 jumps into a climb and do a third jump to finish off. I could go on and on about it, but i have a life. Also, is the werewolf-like hand at the end of the tail when climbing and stuff intentional? (no image because i'm too lazy)

Maybe a third option that maps the anchor to custom 1 or something?
This. Maybe having anchor on custom 2, have it so you can aim your tail straight forward midair like you can on the ground just by using the spin button. Maybe custom 1 or jump for diagonal.

monke-related creature, 10 outta 10
Ok, being serious now: The movement feels SOOOO fluid, for real, you can go full monkey mode and climb a thousand walls, combo 2 jumps into a climb and do a third jump to finish off. I could go on and on about it, but i have a life. Also, is the werewolf-like hand at the end of the tail when climbing and stuff intentional? (no image because i'm too lazy)
The hand is indeed a part of Tangle's design. Her tail can form into a hand when she wants it to.

light dasher updated Tangle the Lemur with a new update entry:

Tangle 1.0.1 update!

Hello! Here's a small update for Tangle that adds in some bug fixes, future proofing and a small feature some of you have been asking for.

4j2XInN.gif

So for starters the main thing in this update is the "tangleswap" command, currently, you press the spin button to attack while on the ground, and hold a direction to grab the ground, turning tangleswap on allows you to swap these around.

kpbE9wj.gif

Another small...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is really cool. One question though: what the hell is TANGOODLE? :smile:

Also, what's this about a triple jump? (Okay, that was two questions.) Saw that in the code and didn't know what it was for; I was picturing like a double jump but with an extra jump in the air. For anyone else wondering, look at the description; I totally missed that. :P

Last edited:
She was made for the comics.
Also, Blaze and Silver have been sorta seperate for... a long time (since Sonic Rush, which released BEFORE '06, and since Sonic Rivals), and there's explanations as to why Silver keeps reappearing: Forces was him trying to prevent Eggman's takeover, as shown in the prequel comics.

Wow! I love the comics of sonic but this, just wow! The controls are tricky to handle at first but I got used to it, now someone just needs to make a 3d model for this gal. Tangle's tail can also be a lifesaver, as seen here
srb20006.gif

Last edited:
Also, Blaze and Silver have been sorta seperate for... a long time (since Sonic Rush, which released BEFORE '06, and since Sonic Rivals), and there's explanations as to why Silver keeps reappearing: Forces was him trying to prevent Eggman's takeover, as shown in the prequel comics.
The IDW comics had shown a better story than the game.

I had some acrobatic time in Prismatic Angel.

(yea, I'm messing with the camera again)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back