Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

HI! I've been playing with this addon recently and I noticed the game has a tendency to crash when finishing an act while Super. I did some extra testing to make sure it wasn't any other addons potentially causing it either. I threw together a small bug report and included a crash log to (hopefully) make it easier to discern the issue. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• SRB2 Mario Bug Report.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 102
HI! I've been playing with this addon recently and I noticed the game has a tendency to crash when finishing an act while Super. I did some extra testing to make sure it wasn't any other addons potentially causing it either. I threw together a small bug report and included a crash log to (hopefully) make it easier to discern the issue. Hope this helps!
Hey, thanks for the report, but due to the nature of crashes it's not really something we can easily fix. Essentially, crashes in SRB2 are usually the result of something in the game itself going wrong, not the mod. If you could put this stuff on the issues GitLab page for SRB2 itself then that would be helpful. If you're having trouble doing it, I can do it for you if you want.

Hey, thanks for the report, but due to the nature of crashes it's not really something we can easily fix. Essentially, crashes in SRB2 are usually the result of something in the game itself going wrong, not the mod. If you could put this stuff on the issues GitLab page for SRB2 itself then that would be helpful. If you're having trouble doing it, I can do it for you if you want.
Thanks for the quick reply. If you could put it on there, that would be appreciated.

Hello, I just came to present some problems that I had with this mod (perhaps due to a bad export or I don't know), to start the game it gives me a text saying WARNING:€ ...rb2/files/addons/CL_Mario-v1.2.3 .pk3|lua/monitor.lua:92: bad argument #2 to '?' (string expected, got nil) after that mario can only jump once and swimming is the only thing he can do while only the effect sounds are heard but NOT mario's voice and the main problem I had with this mod was that when Mario takes damage he stays floating in the air and I can't control or lower him. Apart from that I've seen gameplays on youtube and it seems like a good mod
Well i never find a way to solve this lmao

Every time Mario dies, I get the following console message:

ERROR: Music 0 could not be loaded: lump not found!

This message only displays on 2.2.10. I tried comparing with 2.2.9 but I can't discern a difference in music or jingles. What is "Music 0" anyway?

Y'know, what with how complex Mario's moveset is, i feel like the post should give more info other than saying "you have jump moves, crouch moves and attack moves, go nuts lol", ESPECIALLY conisdering that genuinely nobody outside of the dev team knew that you could trigger the deep sea zone wheels by diving onto them. Maybe even give him a custom tutorial if you really feel like he'd need one.

Last edited:
I found a bug concerning Mario's Multibounce attack in Persona. If one enemy is weak to it, but you fail the multibounce before you hit the enemy that is weak to it, you still get another turn. I think this is a issue with how the game handles attacks that hit every enemy.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back