SRB2 Uncapped

SRB2 Uncapped 2.0 hotfix 2

So I just dropped the v2.0.exe in the game directory and its giving the error 0xc000007b, the v1.1.1.exe still works fine tho. How do I install the new version?
NVM, I had to do a fresh install for it to work.
I have the same problem, can you tell how to solve it?

Thanks, it works great for me.
Some jittering on moving platforms are annoying, but is it fixable ?

Anyway, it's great that we can have unlimited framerate... but what about screen resolution ? :knuxsmug:
My 1440p monitor is sad that the game runs at 1080p. I tried once to force resolution up but I think it didn't work
(The game will looks the same, but why not ? :blink:)
where are you getting jittering on moving platforms? i'm pretty sure most moving platforms (except polyobjects) are smooth now

and for screen resolution you have dynres, but you have to compile it yourself. I'm planning on the future make an custom build with all extra features including dynres and uncapped

I've noticed a strange bug that's been occurring on this new release. Randomly (or I think when the game lags), inputs are continuously held when they're not supposed to be, for example, I'm holding left, the bug occurs at a random point and I change inputs, yet it still thinks I'm holding left for as long as an extra second or so. It's a really bizarre issue.

When I loaded up the new version the screen is just black. The audio still works, and I seem to be able to load up levels and everything, just with no visuals. I tried this on a fresh install too and it didn't change.

where are you getting jittering on moving platforms? i'm pretty sure most moving platforms (except polyobjects) are smooth now

and for screen resolution you have dynres, but you have to compile it yourself. I'm planning on the future make an custom build with all extra features including dynres and uncapped
Yes, it would be very nice to have that dynres!
Here is a video to show what minor issues I experienced:

(SRB2 2.2.9 / Uncapped 2.0 / S_MysticRealm-v5.1beta2.pk3)

Yes, it would be very nice to have that dynres!
Here is a video to show what minor issues I experienced:

(SRB2 2.2.9 / Uncapped 2.0 / S_MysticRealm-v5.1beta2.pk3)
Thanks for recording and reporting this!
I think the lighting issue on the platforms is unfixable, as srb2 sector lighting system seems pretty complex. About the other issue i think it might be fixed by re-enabling some polybojects code, but i need to take a closer look at this.

And for the custom build with dynres I was referring to has already been released, here is the link to it: https://mb.srb2.org/addons/srb2-uncapped-plus.3248/

I don't understand the removal of the 64-bit dll; in my case DSZ1 would play at single-digit framerates except with the 64-bit dll, at which point it actually ran at around normal speed.

I don't understand the removal of the 64-bit dll; in my case DSZ1 would play at single-digit framerates except with the 64-bit dll, at which point it actually ran at around normal speed.
Oh my god, THIS 100000%. Fafabis says x64 doesn't do much for Windows users, and maybe that's true for many, but I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro and SRB2 Uncapped 64-bit doubles my FPS compared to the 32-bit executable. It's not even close.

Please, Fafabis, I beg you. Make x64 builds an option again. Especially for your Uncapped PLUS builds. I know you said it was confusing for users, but it took me less than 30 seconds to backup my folder and swap out my 32-bit DLLs for the 64-bit versions.

Last edited:
Finally srb2 uncapped at mb.srb2.org I was waiting for this. But modified files have FPS drop.

Original EXE file
srb20549.png
srb20553.png

srb2win-uncapped-v2.0.exe
srb20550.png

1633448926982.png

srb20009.gif

This is pretty cool, but the fact that objects that get teleported kinda jank the hell out is rather annoying, and i'm not sure there's any real way to fix it on my side with lua. One idea I have for how to fix this would be to keep teleported objects stuck to the object they were teleported to until the next "thinking" frame happens, or if that causes issues, only do it if said object is being teleported, and has also been teleported last frame. One other issue I have is that the camera just feels... sluggish. Not really sure how to describe it, but it feels like I lose some of the precision over my camera that I usually have when playing with interp. If these two things could be fixed, i'd 100% use this all the time, but as-is, it's just a bit too prone to jank when used alongside mods.
For comparison, this is what it *should* look like when running at high speeds.
View attachment 52496
That Sonic Looks amazing, i like it (or is it a xmomentum 2.0 preview since i can recognize the tricks part)

That Sonic Looks amazing, i like it (or is it a xmomentum 2.0 preview since i can recognize the tricks part)
yeah, it's xmom 2.0, I was just using the default blue skincolor since I added the wad while already in a level lol

for some reason in the chaos gamemode while playing in srb2 uncapped + all the enemies are stuck inside the box you have to destory

so uh, srb2 uncapped is not working for me. everytime i open it, it gets stuck on this black screen. can someone help me?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back