• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

greennick78sh

Mod dev of 7 years with no released mods
WARNING: THIS MOD CONTAINS THE USE OF UH OH STINKY WORDS LIKE F(__)K AND SH(__) AND B(__)CH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT THEN GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!
Hey everybody! I'm back (again (again)), for real this time, no taksies backsies this time (sorry for that last time mods!). So what is the RAMPAGE: Christmas Demo about? Well you're a bit of a big stinky dumb boy and forgot to get a Christmas tree for the entire us military, or the UAC, or whatever the alternate purple sonic universe space age good guy gun people force is called, so now you gotta go on an epic adventure that's only 3 maps long because I started making this demo on like the 18th and couldn't get the 4th map done in time (don't worry, I'll EVENTUALLY make a second version with the last map, as soon as I possibly can get it done.)
There's also 1 CTF and 1 deathmatch map.
How is the gameplay different?
RAMPAGE attempts to do something a bit strange and convert the entirety of srb2 into an oldschool arena shooter. Not like other mods which try and make a new campaign out of the existing maps or a simple mappack for the match gamemode. RAMPAGE completely changes how all vanilla characters work (they all play the same now! No tiers of power in competitive or skipping 90% of the map now.) All characters now have a slower (but still pretty fast) base speed and have a modified spindash, the charge time is about 5 seconds however you hit about 95% spindash power after only about 1.5 seconds. Characters no longer spin when they jump meaning absolutely no jump damage. All characters have hold swimming (that means you jump and HOLD the button, not jump and tap). And of course the 2 biggest changes, rings no longer work as a protector, only shields, iframes, and invincibility can protect you now, instead rings are used as ammo, as RAMPAGE uses srb2's ringslinger weapon system even in its singleplayer levels! You can also find weapon rings littered around the stages.

To counteract this new attack power, enemy forces are a LOT more resilient. The enemies seen are simply stronger and more plentiful then in your typical map pack, and that makes this demo just a little bit difficult.

Attached below are some preview images

Obviously spoilers
srb20047.png
srb20049.png
srb20051.png

srb20052.png
srb20053.png
srb20054.png

srb20055.png
srb20062.png
srb20064.png

Heres a tip that might be hard to wrap your head around: think with your brain!
While RAMPAGE heavily revolves around fast and smooth gameplay, you'd still be unwise to play thoughtlessly, you still need to use a slight level of strategy and awareness of your surroundings else you'll be running into traps left and right and have no way out. Play fast and aggressively, not hastily and belligerently! I get that may be hard for the new guy to understand, but you will be rewarded for thoughtful play, which believe it or not, IS actually a factor in some of the most well known shooters of their time like DOOM and Quake.

Also I couldn't get permission to use the music in the third level in time for a release, the option was either to delay the Christmas demo till like January which would be lame or to replace the music in the final level with a shitty John Cena midi and ruin the theming of the last level. It should be obvious which option I picked considering you're seeing this.

And here's another download link for the dummy who read this far because they missed the first link :p.

Last edited:
This demo panned out very poorly because I was rushing myself to finish it in the last week before Christmas. I recommend not playing it now and just waiting for something better to come out. That being said I feel its only right to keep the download up for if the moderators choose to accept this seeing as I took the last demo down and I feel obligated to let people have at the very least something.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back