Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1

Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1 1.5

Sunset Skyscrapers doesn't seem to be beatable as characters like Sonic who lack any verticality: First gif was taken in v1.2 and the second one in v1.3.

The emblems in this map also seem to be undetectable by the emblem radar. Which makes me think they're not properly defined in the SOC, as I just found an uncollectable green emblem.

Attachments

• srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 68
  • srb20051.gif
    srb20051.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I've stumbled upon a reproducible crash that happens in Network Terminal Zone where, if you have the electric shield on your character
(Which you can grab from the secret room after the broken elevator section) the game will crash after you reach a certain point.
The crash also has the potential to corrupt your OLDC save file like it did mine after I just beat all the levels as MCSonic.

I would avoid grabbing any shields in that level.

Sunset Skyscrapers doesn't seem to be beatable as characters like Sonic who lack any verticality: First gif was taken in v1.2 and the second one in v1.3.

The emblems in this map also seem to be undetectable by the emblem radar. Which makes me think they're not properly defined in the SOC, as I just found an uncollectable green emblem.
Just came here to post about this, having to roll back to 1.2 to actually play this one, it's totally busted in 1.3.

Edit: Also I thought Twilight Hill was just unplayably laggy but I just tried it in 1.2 and it's fine, 1.3 it was real bad. Is it just me tho?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any comments or criticism on the levels in the pack? Besides the bugs.

Um A Few Bugs 1.When i play as snick in rogerrogerrogers level when i used a timer thing near somewhere, the game crashed
2.When i Jumped as peppino in spleepkin roboblast 2 it crashed
3.that's all i will tell you more if theres more

Does anyone have any comments or criticism on the levels in the pack? Besides the bugs.
I didn't get to play all of them yet, but a few I can think of off the top of my head:

- Cybergrind, at least on something as low-end as Android, chugs like a bitch. It might be partly all of the blocks fighting for space with the enemies and their spawns; until any waves start it's a toughly 35fps stable, but then when blocks shift and enemies spawn, it drops a lot of frames. By far the worst wave in this regard is the Basic Boss configuration, if not solely because of all the Egg Robo audience members. A lot of optimization is required.

- I actually forget the name, but I think it had Blossom in it? It's the one using Kirby music and some of its sprites. The music in particular is the problem; the bass is completely off-key for the *entire* song, and it bugged me the entire level. If not replacing the song entirely, could it help to find a different, better version of that song?

Was the zone based off of Sky Sanctuary supposed to have emblems?

I ask because I saw an emblem that was not officially defined and thereby could not be collected.

---
Also, this has nothing to do with the actual pack, but Youtube's sketchy content scanning algorithm seems to be flagging videos showing footage of Soulside Dungeon for a "copyright violation". Just a heads up for those uploading videos.

- I actually forget the name, but I think it had Blossom in it? It's the one using Kirby music and some of its sprites. The music in particular is the problem; the bass is completely off-key for the *entire* song, and it bugged me the entire level. If not replacing the song entirely, could it help to find a different, better version of that song?
Yeah the music in Twilight Hill seems to be an... interesting edit of this song.

has anyone been able to figure out where the 4th teleport spot is located? I noticed there were 4 at the starting area of the hub but the hub seems to stop at the robotnik temple thing in the cage area (3) with scrap brain zone and final(?) zone with no 4th teleport pad to be found.

has anyone been able to figure out where the 4th teleport spot is located? I noticed there were 4 at the starting area of the hub but the hub seems to stop at the robotnik temple thing in the cage area (3) with scrap brain zone and final(?) zone with no 4th teleport pad to be found.
It's in a cave near spawn and contains the multiplayer levels. It will be empty in single player though.

Also I did a (mostly) blind playthrough of the oldc here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1932421732

I tried to point out things I especially liked or didn't as I went through each level, though it's very cursory. I was playing with my usual mods but made an effort to stay roughly on the "intended" path. The broadcast expires about a week after this post.

My favorite map overall was probably Radiant Reverie. There were plenty of memorable standouts this time so it's a tough call.

Last edited:
HOW TO POWER BIOLAB EZ TUTORIAL

STEP 1 : KILL THE TURRET
STEP 2: ENTER BIOLAB AND A DOOR WILL BE OPEN CUZ OF STEP 1
STEP 3: PRESS BUTTON (you've done it yeaaaay)
STEP 4 (optional to gain emblem): code is OOPS IT WAS RANDOM SORRY RITZY

also the springs in the tenguman stage are TOO WEAK in areas as is the spring at the end of blossom breeze

Last edited:
SeventhSentinel updated Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1 with a new update entry:

Twilight Hill is playable now! (And Circuit should no longer softlock servers)

Hey, been a while!
Sorry for the long wait, we wanted to be very thorough with this bug fix.
As usual, there's been miscellaneous map fixes and texture cleanup done by our talented mappers!

Here's some of the more pressing changes:
-Lag caused by Twilight Hill (and other instances of high amounts of Mobjs) have been fixed!
-Circuit will no longer freeze servers if any players get DNF'd (for real this time I promise).
-Confined Ravine should have better performance with high player counts...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Emblems in Sky Sanctuary and Sunset Skyscrapers are still undetectable by the emblem radar.

Using an Electrical Shield in Network Terminal still crashes the game.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back