Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1

Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1 1.5

so uhh
funny thing i found in sunset skyscrapers while playing through as modern, theres a spring near the end that leads to those cloud thingys and they dont take you out of spring state so you can trick spam (i cant post a gif because the websites being dumb for no reason)
Post automatically merged:

srb20337.gif
srb20340.gif

modern sonic really likes bugging out in tectonic bluffs, doesnt happen with airboost though so uhh yeah might wanna look into that

Last edited:
Are Blossom Breeze and Sunset Skyscrapers even possible? they both seem like every spring in the level is 1 stage too weak (which would be funny in the former's case because I feel this even applies to the red springs). Here are the places where it seems impossible to progress without some kind of mod character.

1695919232083.png
1695919542923.png

Side note, these areas in Blossom Breeze are weird and I don't get what the point of them is, it looks like the springs are supposed to be strong enough to launch you through the crab arms or onto the next platform, but they aren't strong enough to do either of those. Amy can use her hammer to launch herself to the crab arms but not to the next platform.
1695919503102.png

Are Blossom Breeze and Sunset Skyscrapers even possible? they both seem like every spring in the level is 1 stage too weak (which would be funny in the former's case because I feel this even applies to the red springs). Here are the places where it seems impossible to progress without some kind of mod character.

View attachment 101597View attachment 101599

Side note, these areas in Blossom Breeze are weird and I don't get what the point of them is, it looks like the springs are supposed to be strong enough to launch you through the crab arms or onto the next platform, but they aren't strong enough to do either of those. Amy can use her hammer to launch herself to the crab arms but not to the next platform.
View attachment 101598
In SRB2 version 2.2.13 they work fine.

View attachment 101597View attachment 101599

View attachment 101598
why are you running 2.2.11 :threat:

Your issue is probably due to not running the actual latest release. UDMF was made official with 2.2.11, but there was a compatibility break since committed that separated the mobj scale attribute from the sprite scale (in which the latter is now just cosmetic).

It might seem like some trivial thing easily overlooked, but it was enough that some maps will only work in 2.2.12 or later. There was a small issue with the design that the team wanted to take care of before the scaling feature was found everywhere in addons.

update this to make us not get forcefed the multiplayer emblem collecting
That doesn't warrant an update to the whole pack just for an emblem or two. Just load up a local game and nab it. Its like saying we're being "forcefed" multiplayer levels by having them in the hub.

Can you copy the hilights over to here for those of us without an account, and maybe on mobile too?
Sorry it took so long to reply but I did manage to get my friend group together to review the whole OLDC after all.. it just took forever! :dramahog:

We just finished earlier today. It was a lot to go through and was very fun, big thanks to every level designer for working hard and making so much fun times for us.

Ah thank you. Just to let you know, the reason the shields were all over the place was to prevent softlock for characters that don't have a high jump or other mobility ability to help with high platforms.

Sorry it took so long to reply but I did manage to get my friend group together to review the whole OLDC after all.. it just took forever! :dramahog:

We just finished earlier today. It was a lot to go through and was very fun, big thanks to every level designer for working hard and making so much fun times for us.
Dude, thank you so much for this. We haven't had a lot of general opinions for this oldc, you guys are awesome for whipping this up.

Sunset Skyscraper is the only level where all emblems are uncollectible. Strange because they appear in the level but are see-through and touching them does nothing, it's impossible to collect them. That's pretty sad as I had 89 emblems and was just about to finish this level and two others to 100% everything...

Sky Sanctuary I think it's possible to collect but the emblem radar is disabled and there are no emblem hints too.

Aside from these issues though, this is the best OLDC I played so far. Congrats to all authors!

Finally! REAL feedback! Could some other people please do this if possible or you have the time? You don’t understand just how awesome feedback is, especially when it comes to SRB2 mapping.

I tried to play the mod, but it all kept falling apart.

A good majority of the maps are made in UDMF, and for some reason, they kept breaking in some nasty ways. This meant I could not play barely any levels beacuse A. They couldn't load or B. They broke on load.

What can in do????
im have the same problem
Post automatically merged:

Hey, did you try updating your version of SRB2 on Android? There's an APK for 2.2.13 over here.

The below screenshot is how it should look on that version.
this not work

I tried to play the mod, but it all kept falling apart.

A good majority of the maps are made in UDMF, and for some reason, they kept breaking in some nasty ways. This meant I could not play barely any levels beacuse A. They couldn't load or B. They broke on load.

What can in do????
If you ser the chat you gonna say "UDMF Is Work Progress"

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back