N64 Mario

N64 Mario V3.3

Please can you add BLJ ?

"While he is heavily leaning on his moveset from SM64, missing moves like the Long Jump and Backwards Somersault are still omitted because of code bloat and redundancy from existing moves, like the Lunge Jump and Ground Pound Jump."

Now, I love SM64, and all of its stupid annoying nuances with the controls, its frustrating in a nostalgic way and feels fun to master. That being said however... can someone please explain the walljumping to me? THIS Mario has maybe the most vexing walljumps for someone who doesn't code and doesn't know exactly how it was made. Sometimes I bonk on nothing when jumping off sometimes I don't jump off at all, and some walls don't seem to be slide-able in the first place (the bridge in THZ2 at the start comes to mind). can someone explain why this happens and how I'm SUPPOSED to be attempting walljumps?

Now, I love SM64, and all of its stupid annoying nuances with the controls, its frustrating in a nostalgic way and feels fun to master. That being said however... can someone please explain the walljumping to me? THIS Mario has maybe the most vexing walljumps for someone who doesn't code and doesn't know exactly how it was made. Sometimes I bonk on nothing when jumping off sometimes I don't jump off at all, and some walls don't seem to be slide-able in the first place (the bridge in THZ2 at the start comes to mind). can someone explain why this happens and how I'm SUPPOSED to be attempting walljumps?
You need to have a certain amount of speed before touching a wall. Running from the ground towards a wall, then jumping would work as long as you don't touch the wall before jumping. Most of the time, whenever Mario's not clinging onto a wall, it's either that Mario somehow considers the wall as a thok barrier (which he can't cling onto), or his angle isn't actually in the angle range even he looks like he is for whatever reason. As for bonking on "nothing" whenever Mario jumps off a wall, Mario's Wall Kick angle range is more sensitive when he's in a Wall Kick state to make it easier to keep Wall Kicking. Mario just not jumping off sometimes is probably not jumping at the correct time because there were times when Mario just doesn't kick off the wall in SM64, which only gives you about 5/30 of a second to Wall Kick compared to this mod's 14/35 when just jumping at a wall.

You need to have a certain amount of speed before touching a wall. Running from the ground towards a wall, then jumping would work as long as you don't touch the wall before jumping. Most of the time, whenever Mario's not clinging onto a wall, it's either that Mario somehow considers the wall as a thok barrier (which he can't cling onto), or his angle isn't actually in the angle range even he looks like he is for whatever reason. As for bonking on "nothing" whenever Mario jumps off a wall, Mario's Wall Kick angle range is more sensitive when he's in a Wall Kick state to make it easier to keep Wall Kicking. Mario just not jumping off sometimes is probably not jumping at the correct time because there were times when Mario just doesn't kick off the wall in SM64, which only gives you about 5/30 of a second to Wall Kick compared to this mod's 14/35 when just jumping at a wall.
ah ok, but there is one thing however, one consistent example that keeps coming up. the bridge a the star, right above the first checkpoint in THZ2? are the walls in that room thok barriers? because my first assummption was "oh I clearly don't have enough speed, lets try a running start." and he still did not grab it. if so that would explain a lot.

ah ok, but there is one thing however, one consistent example that keeps coming up. the bridge a the star, right above the first checkpoint in THZ2? are the walls in that room thok barriers? because my first assummption was "oh I clearly don't have enough speed, lets try a running start." and he still did not grab it. if so that would explain a lot.
Mario might consider the walls in that room thok barriers even though they're actually not. The best way I've found to get up to the bridge is to first Wall Kick on the support pillars under the bridge and then Kick onto the parts of the wall above the entries into the other rooms.

It's a bit hard to stomp on enemies with SRB2's physics being floaty. I wonder if increasing the gravity and jump height of N64 Mario (both pretty much only when normally jumping, or maybe also walljumping, as long jumps in Mario 64 have lower gravity than any other jumps.) would make it easier?
It could be reset to normal when bouncing off of springs or rolling off of ledges/ramps.

It may or may not have already been reported, but due to mario's ability to break floors like amy and fang with his ground pound, but not any way to break spikes, he actually can get stuck in a few different shortcuts for those characters. Might wanna look into giving him a way to break spikes. I ran into this in deep sea zone.

Imagine continuing to work on N64 Mario. Who would do that? In all seriousness, we've been working on a big update for N64 Mario. We're gonna be working on the small tweaks and bugfixing soon.

Attachments

• srb20129.gif
    srb20129.gif
    6 MB · Views: 229

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back