N64 Mario

N64 Mario V3.3

Like abilidite👍
Post automatically merged:

Someone told me how to fly with Mario

¿link dowload v1.1?

Last edited:
Woah, nice. A smb paisano power Mario srb2 wad mod!
Like abilidite👍

Someone told me how to fly with Mario

¿link dowload v1.1?
This isn't a youtube section just press the download button.

Woah, nice. A smb paisano power Mario srb2 wad mod!
Also btw no that one's coming when done, this is a n64 mario wad

Right completely forgot there was a console command

Last edited:
It's been made into a console command. The command in question, rkysuperman, is in the section "Re-Enabling the Superman Glitch."

2.0 is a BLAST! The sheer amount of FLORISH on display with the entirety of the triple-jump animation, even down to salute at the end if you don't input any movement when you land... Absolutely glorious.
Also, Mario can practically do the Rocket Accel from Sonic Heroes solo. When you slide-kick, you can still attempt to punch, but the slide-kick cancels most of it... aside from the momentum gain. You can attempt to use the second punch right after the first, but then you need to wait a moment before you can use both of them again. But... Yeah, in practice, Rocket Accel! Is it more useful than ground-pound-rolling into a jump+dive combo? Maybe not, but it's certainly fun, and likely a bug. Though, I feel it would make a bit more sense if inputting spin + custom1 while moving to use the slide kick was a thing.
The rings dropping when you punch something is a neat touch! Perhaps that same effect could happen with slide-kicks? Aside from the Rocket-Accel-ish thing you can do, it doesn't seem like the most noteworthy of abilities right now. The rings spawned also don't get attracted by magnet shields, which I feel it should. And I feel as though making the ground combo more like how it appears in 64 right after landing from a jump with no momentum (It would allow you to jump from first punch to second, and from second punch to kick faster than if you did it after stopping from a sprint, it's quirky) would be neat. Even just letting a player jump to the next attack 2/35ths of a second early (2 ingame frames) would likely feel great.
Just don't do the ground combo on Techno Hill goop. You'll sink straight to the bottom, and the only way out from there is regaining the dive by touching a wall.
...Another (more fun) bug I noticed is in standard mode. The "Deceleration" applied to the punch just pushes you backwards. Relative to the camera. So face backwards, get a running start, and punch with excellent timing until you move so fast the camera faces backwards with you.
I feel I should mention the crawling at some point. It's not a 2.0 thing but... well.
I'm not sure why it takes a second (like, a full second?) to start crawling... the first time. But after you start it, unless you stop crouching, you can just... instantly go back to crawling around. It takes longer to start than in Mario 64 proper, INCLUDING the time it takes to start crouching in 64, which is a shame, since actually crawling feels MUCH better, with you changing directions MUCH quicker.
Finally... I guess I feel the sweep is a bit... weak? No coins spawn when you hit something with it, it's range is "touching you", and even then with ring boxes you have to slide INTO it, you can't just go push against it, stop, THEN sweep... Fitting, considering how underwhelming it is in Mario 64, but I feel it could use a slight buff anyway.

Overall... Yeah, loving it! The animations on the triple jump alone have me SOLD! It's SO GOOD! And I love the coins dropping from enemies you punch/kick.

Absolutely lovely update. I always thought this character was good, but not the greatest it could have been compared to what Dirk's Mario achieved. The additional moves really help make this character feel more like Mario, while still having extra benefits and it's own handicaps to differentiate itself from the other Mario. Basically, if Dirk's Mario is Sunshine Mario, This actually feels more like authentic SM64 Mario: faster, stronger, but harder to master overall. :3

y'know, i kinda wish he could change what cap he got from going super depending on which button he held/ride Koopa Shells in pipe tower zone
spin = metal cap
jump = wing cap
spin+jump = vanish cap

This is such an incredible mod, it really doesn't get the credit it deserves. It legitimately feels like an almost 1:1 conversion, the way punches lock you into that little move forward, it's just exquisite. Him not having the backflip is the biggest miss for me, but I can live with it. Otherwise he's honestly more fun to play with than the other Mario mod making the rounds. His movement is just so fluid and precise, it's a real pleasure to maneuver him around

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back