Think what breaks the wall jump for me is that i just can't find good spots to use it that won't end up making it longer in the end, i think it suffers a bit more in open stages- its like i need to force myself to try and use it (like the lightspeed dash but thats worse lol), as for nerfing it i can see why they would wanna nerf it a bit, i mean its an infinite wall jump that if used in the right spots (according to you) snaps a level in half, balancing and all that. do you have any idea why the wall detection is like like this? i swear it didn't use to be like this a few game patches ago....
There's a specific remedy for the issue of the walljump being a bit slow and flow-breaking (and horrible at detecting!), say hi to v6's new walljump!

It's THIS! (this is kinda old gif but, pretty accurate to how it is now)
srb20043.gif

This is internally called a "Firstie" (this probably won't have an actual name)

This is one of the many "tech" the update has to offer, and like the internal name suggests, you walljump on the first few frames of wallclinging. This will send you off the wall with the velocity you started with, sending you off like a railgun! Adds a bit a skill gap, and gives you a distinct choice on how you want to walljump!

extra note @ 9:36PM
Doing a Firstie requires a high velocity first to even be able to do it (ala, the airboost in the gif), this tech can also be chained and kept up as long as you can input within the timeframe. There is no velocity multiplier though, don't go thinking you can basically become a railgun with this!

Last edited:
There's a specific remedy for the issue of the walljump being a bit slow and flow-breaking, say hi to v6's new walljump!
srb20043.gif

This is one of the many "tech" the update has to offer, and like the internal name suggests, you walljump on the first few frames of wallclinging. This will send you off the wall with the velocity you started with, sending you off like a railgun! Adds a bit a skill gap, and gives you a distinct choice on how you want to walljump!
I see, very impressed, it looks like this "firstie" acts like a wallkick from mario 64- oh boy do i like those- thanks for sharing this with me- looks awesome!!

There's a specific remedy for the issue of the walljump being a bit slow and flow-breaking, say hi to v6's new walljump!
srb20043.gif

Doing a Firstie requires a high velocity first to even be able to do it (ala, the airboost in the gif), this tech can also be chained and kept up as long as you can input within the timeframe. There is no velocity multiplier though, don't go thinking you can basically become a railgun with this!
wow! he looks cool!

I actually never knew that it was posted in the SRB2 Discord server lol. I got it from that example video. I'm not gonna post anymore cuz I'm ruining the suprise.

I actually never knew that it was posted in the SRB2 Discord server lol. I got it from that example video. I'm not gonna post anymore cuz I'm ruining the suprise.
Don't worry about it bro. If you stop posting then peeps won't see it. Love seeing peoples art so keep going.

There's a specific remedy for the issue of the walljump being a bit slow and flow-breaking (and horrible at detecting!), say hi to v6's new walljump!
srb20043.gif

This is the last?

srb20043.gif

I see new Unleashed HUD, better sprites, and a..... faster boost?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back