Dang it. I don't have access to a computer or I would totally do that. If I ever manage to get ahold of one I will take your advice. Thanks for the effort
You can do that on mobile too, you need a text editor thought, like QuickEdit, you will also need ZArchiver as file explorer to do that, you can find those two apps on the Play/App Store

So the problem is, I know how to convert a pk3 to a zip and unzip the files and modify then, etc, but once I've done that there's no way to re-compress everything back into a useable pk3, at least no way I know. I mean, I've tried compressing it back into a zip then converting it into a pk3 but then it won't let me select it from the add-ons menu

So the problem is, I know how to convert a pk3 to a zip and unzip the files and modify then, etc, but once I've done that there's no way to re-compress everything back into a useable pk3, at least no way I know. I mean, I've tried compressing it back into a zip then converting it into a pk3 but then it won't let me select it from the add-ons menu
You gotta long press the addon, then select "extract to archive name", then mess with the files, then once that is done you long press that folder, click "cut" then go inside the pk3 of modern sonic, and then paste, it will ask you if you want to replace the files, replace all of them and you should be good to go.
If you thought you could change the file type by simply renaming .pk3 to .zip just know that its MUCH more complex than that.

Lol I know it's not that simple, that's why I said it wouldn't work. I unzip pk3s all the time to extract the luas so I can fiddle with them so I know you can't turn them back into usable pk3s just by editing the file extension, you gotta use something like slade that can build one, which requires a PC, which I don't have. Fortunately another user came through and delivered a modified pk3 so the point is moot but thanks anyway!

Lol I know it's not that simple, that's why I said it wouldn't work. I unzip pk3s all the time to extract the luas so I can fiddle with them so I know you can't turn them back into usable pk3s just by editing the file extension, you gotta use something like slade that can build one, which requires a PC, which I don't have. Fortunately another user came through and delivered a modified pk3 so the point is moot but thanks anyway!
Wait really?
Is there any way i can get that modified version too?

If it isn't it should be, this is clearly a case of individuals helping each other overcome technical errors as opposed to taking someone else's work and passing it off as their own.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back