HorizonChars

HorizonChars v1.1.1 - Sharper & Slicker

in all seriousness though, what don't you like about it?? i don't plan to change anything but i am curious
is it me, or did Iclyn's body get smaller?
1713031943248.png

but also....

what happened to this design?
1713031994310.png

is it me, or did Iclyn's body get smaller?
but also....
what happened to this design?
iclyn was actually always meant to be shorter than sonic LMAOO. when making her original sprites i only compared her to milne (and she ended up being taller than her anyway, so oops...?)
though what do you mean by what happened 😭

The proportions are off compared to the old sprites. It's much more stylized overall now when before I think they could believably fit into the Sonic universe.
this is funny because sonic characters never exactly had set proportions, especially in the classic art style
(compared to sonic, tails is rounder and fatter while knuckles has a larger chest and is lankier)
1713060361609.png
1713060188757.png
1713060203921.png

and also the proportions on milne's old sprites are extremely off constantly, her feet and hands were always changing size. i think the current sprites do a much better job at being consistent

Last edited:
i this is funny because sonic characters never exactly had set proportions, especially in the classic art style
(compared to sonic, tails is rounder and fatter while knuckles has a larger chest and is lankier)

and also the proportions on milne's old sprites are extremely off constantly, her feet and hands were always changing size. i think the current sprites do a much better job at being consistent
Fair. I think it's mainly the art style change that's getting to me. I do still think the old sprites look more Sonic, and the new ones look like they could be from some indie game.
If you do ever make a game with Iclyn ice physics platforming I would be all over that

Lift - Third Ability, Press Spin while next to an enemy or player
Well guess I can pick up any enemy if his have his have one hp
I don't know glitch it's or cool easter egg?
View attachment srb20221.gif
and else I gotta know, Mb have limit on show gif?
most my gif possible be opened only on hyperlink

Hello! This is a huge review by what is probably one of your mod's biggest fans: a good online friend of mine. I will put it in a spoiler because it's...verybig.
I'll get straight to the point, I FUCKING LOVE playing as Milne, she was the third character I ever tried (including the vanillia cast) and I mained her ever since (I started in mid-.10), I play her nearly all the time, I'm reluctant to even host without her, my camera settings are literally orientated around her, hell I literally made a very barebones jumpthok 2.1 backport of v1 Milne, just so I could play as her in 2.1.
I love her moveset too, it's got tons of badnik bouncing potential and quick movement with the twister thok (at least in simple), she can explore quite well with her ability to break walls, and her lance adds onto it with pretty damn good climbing ability.

But, at the same time - me and my friends agree that Milne is pretty overpowered...
Her 2 thoks and the crystal lance on top of that (combined with her jump height too) make her able to just jump across quite a bit of platforming, and is basically a 'get out of pit free' card if you fall short or slip off a ledge, the lance itself is pretty damn strong too, I've literally managed to take 5 knux routes with her on a whim.
Her lack of lungs make water/space sections trivial in terms of time, though I always liked the detail of her being made of crystals, and it's especially useful when you're often that one guy in the server who can barely move from how bad their PC is chugging along with the host's addons.
And the extra weight of being a crystal furry lesbian fox whom decides wether she should beat some loser up by chance every week again allows for a whole lot of badnik boinging, but that parts just fun, I like literally flying across zones after hitting a badnik from a great height, after perfectly timing a downwards thok to get speed as I hit it (I also like to play SRB2 for score).
Also, she likes to amplify the lag from maps with lots of enemies like DSZ2, CEZ2, ACZ2, especially HHZ and ATZ, to the point of being nearly unplayable without Lagkiller, I'm guessing it's because shes always checking for badniks.
AND SHE CAN LITERALLY SHOOT IN RINGSLINGER WHY???
I know her movesets being changed, but that's not out after over a year, so I can't say much for it being any more balanced.

Then, I look at v1 Milne, and see she has all of these things gone, even her purple tounge (besides ringslinger, why), and I wish I could play as her publicly as I feel it'd be a bit more balanced, even if she can't break walls and floors, depiste that I'm 50% sure it was said she could with walls whilst running (and I REALLY wish I was able to experience 1.0 and .2's jankiness), but she's not available anywhere besides SRB2WS (scary), thus making v1 unauthorised on the MS (is it because of the OWO Milne?). Also, how is an archive for a 2.2 addon considered a portleg to some? I know there was some stuff on allowing ports recently, but that doesn't really apply to a 2.2 addon. The 1.2 april fools goof was fun and all, actually showing v1 Milne lance sprites too, but part of me was kinda disapointed it wasn't just a 1.2 repost.

Oh and v1 SRB2K Milne is basically lost media if Crystaline doesn't have it, she was before SRB2 Milne like that is a lost cause I cannot find any media about it anywhere besides the changelogs.

Before I talk about Iclyn, Milne's sprites are good, and I'd be repeating others if I said her sprites are a little too stylistic to fit into the vanillia cast and has weird visual errors, but there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion, it's just a little anyways. I do however kind of miss the charm v2 Milne's sprites had, (even more so with v1's) with how she'd clench her legs looking down while hanging from ropes, or how she'd be literally putting herself back together in her continue sprites. Horizon Milne however just kinda... hangs, with one of her hands not even on the rope properly. And shakes her head in her continue sprites I guess.

Also, wheres Milne's super sprites? I kinda just figured they'd be done by now.

I like Iclyn too, but it's gonna be painfully obvious I like Milne more.
Her moveset isn't nearly as diverse as Milne, if you heavily boil it down it's just a twistdash and a limited-time Roblox obby path-thok thing. Her moveset makes up for it by being more of made for building up speed, at least for me. And her sprites are pretty nice, follows the charm v2 Milne had, and as others have said, a certain spin frame of hers does kinda look like those cats photoshopped to be crying.
Iclyn's new sprite(s) go further off srb2's style (again not that it's bad, I like it actually), and I'm half-sorry but her face in that screenshot of her new stand sprite(s) looks kinda like shes a verison of Ugandan Knuckles (in a good way), I half expect her to start clicking, and the pink goes really well with her, also kinda glad to see she no longer has a massive forehead thanks to the tuft.

Again, it's gonna be painfully obvious I like Milne more.

tl;dr I fucking love Milne but think shes kinda OP, and I think v1.x and the first SRB2K iterations of her should exist again, and I also like Iclyn, I swear I play her more than it looks like, the two are really good characters.

But in conclusion yes Crystaline I do like your rock collection 10- er, 5/5.

I'd make a MB account just for this, but why when I could just get friend to paste it? And I spent 2 hours typing this.
-h
I do hope you read this. <:)
And please note that it would really not be worth his time to make an MB account, since this would probably be the only thing he used it for. Thanks.
(edit) Shit. Pretend this is in the reviews tab. I've never used it so I'm not used to going there. Sorry. :(

BIG THING HOLY SHIT??

oh my god LOLL it's amazing to think that there are people that like my characters that much to spend two hours writing something
few responses to stuff in here.....
Oh and v1 SRB2K Milne is basically lost media if Crystaline doesn't have it, she was before SRB2 Milne like that is a lost cause I cannot find any media about it anywhere besides the changelogs.
I PROBABLY DO HAVE IT SOMEWHERE!!!!!! i just have no idea how to upload it on the mb without replacing the current version of the mod on accident

I do however kind of miss the charm v2 Milne's sprites had,
I WILL KEEP THIS IN MIND don't you worry

Also, wheres Milne's super sprites? I kinda just figured they'd be done by now.
no longer a thing, sorry LOL. decided it's not worth it to go through all that work

Her moveset isn't nearly as diverse as Milne, if you heavily boil it down it's just a twistdash and a limited-time Roblox obby path-thok thing. Her moveset makes up for it by being more of made for building up speed, at least for me.
her revamped moveset will be more interesting!! and hopefully easier to control

I PROBABLY DO HAVE IT SOMEWHERE!!!!!! i just have no idea how to upload it on the mb without replacing the current version of the mod on accident
What I would suggest for that, is to...maybe put it in Google Drive? That way, you can post the link in the Discussion. I've actually seen that around. If you don't want to do that, or come up with a better/different way to do that, that's fine; this is just a suggestion for a (possibly temporary?) solution for that issue.

(I should say now, that you have made my friend's day with your response. Thank you very much! :wonderful:)

Huh. 20,000 downloads. That's a lot, right..? Sorry to say but I don't have much to show for V2, lmao.
I've been pretty lazy recently in all honesty, and not much has gotten done since Milne's resprite. I've started to pick up speed again, though, and I'm pretty proud of what I've gotten done so far! In the meantime, have this singular Iclyn sprite. It's so much, I know.

View attachment 109671
late reply but please don't go this direction, the new sprite doesn't match SRB2's artstyle at all and looks like it came out of some random indie game while the old sprite and art looks like an actual sonic character, albeit a modern sonic character rather than a classic sonic one.

late reply but please don't go this direction, the new sprite doesn't match SRB2's artstyle at all and looks like it came out of some random indie game while the old sprite and art looks like an actual sonic character, albeit a modern sonic character rather than a classic sonic one.
i hope you know that this sprite was tweaked by motorroach to use the new character sprite art style that's going to be used in 2.2.14

i hope you know that this sprite was tweaked by motorroach to use the new character sprite art style that's going to be used in 2.2.14
And that's fine but the new sprite still doesn't look like a sonic character to me, Milne's update looked just fine but Iclyn barely even looks like the same character.

And that's fine but the new sprite still doesn't look like a sonic character to me, Milne's update looked just fine but Iclyn barely even looks like the same character.
...well she is??? it's not your decision what i do with my characters 😭 if it makes you feel any better she was always meant to be this short, i just never used proper references next to sonic and she ended up far too tall

And the old design was much better in that case.
Also I'm not demanding you change I was just desperately asking because I think the old design is great and don't like the new one at all, it's still your mod and you can do what you want with it at the end of the day.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back