I was just thinking about what if someone made Honey in SRB2
Honestly a underrated character, but I'm glad to see that fans haven't forgotten about her

I pretty much love everything about this. I did find one issue. Using Moon Kick with a Wind shield seems to simultaneously trigger the 2nd jump of the shield, effectively reducing the height she can achieve with it. Her general inability to use shield powers does feel a little jarring but its not a big deal all in all.

Also just to point out a slight visual oversight, the tip of Honey's tail should be black.

Last edited:
Another female character forgotten by Sega.

Seriously, why hasn't she appeared (even as a cameo) in any mainline game?

srb20108.gif
Honey's midair pounce isn't working properly in 2D sections. Holding left or right when pouncing causes the pounce to not go anywhere (presumably because she's pouncing towards/away from the screen), while holding down causes her to pounce backwards. This was with keyboard.

Goldenhog said:
Perhaps trying to make another "combat" character after Cacee nailed it in one go wasn't a good idea. Oh well.

Honey was actually sprited and almost entirely coded MONTHS ago (back in November I believe) and has been in 'fix major bug' hell until now. Cacee was actually the successor to this lol. She was pretty much complete before Cacee as an OC was even a concept. (LD correct me if I'm wrong about that lol)

Another female character forgotten by Sega.
Seriously, why hasn't she appeared (even as a cameo) in any mainline game?
Well, Sega did Remember her with The New Years Post in Sonic's twitter Account (Maybe they'll bring back Fighting Vipers as Well Soon Enough, and Also Bring the Other characters from that series into Sonic's World)

Bug: if you SLOWLY crouch underneath a place you can spin, the BLJ or press spin and go out that way you get stuck in that BLJ pose until you jump

Nice work Lightdasher, just tried out the srb2 character wad mod. Classic STF Honey the Cat controls well! It was fun watching you grind on the prototype with her last year of 2020. Good luck on the IDW Tangle srb2 wad in the future.

Well, Sega did Remember her with The New Years Post in Sonic's twitter Account (Maybe they'll bring back Fighting Vipers as Well Soon Enough, and Also Bring the Other characters from that series into Sonic's World)
Promotional stuff barely counts to me... Like how Blaze being in a spin-off doesn't count as seeing her in a canonical game (aka a mainline one, like Forces which featured Silver). I'd still be down to see Fighting Vipers being re-released.

Back on the subject: this is a pretty good mod.

Awesome character, awesome abilities, awful controls.
I feel like the controls could be remapped a little bit for easier play.

Otherwise, Honey is an awesome character to play as.

Yeah this crouch thing is just the wirebug from MHRise. you can't hide it from me, it's obvious. you might as well implement the wiredash to wall run combo while you're at it.

Wirebug in action, if you didn't know

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back