Extra Monitors! - MonitorsPlus

Extra Monitors! - MonitorsPlus v3.1

TechnoGod

Game Breaker
TechnoGod submitted a new resource:

Extra Monitors! - MonitorsPlus - Chaotic fun returns in MonitorsPlus v3.0!

PREZ6nS.jpg

MonitorsPlus is a project that Snu, Lat', Spectorious and myself have been working on. We would mention what monitors the addon adds but we feel that it would be better if everyone is surprised, if you really don't want to be surprised there will be a monitor list lower down in the thread. The name of the addon is pretty self explanatory, as of version 3.0 the addon now adds a total of 48!!! new monitors to the...​

Read more about this resource...

Two things I'd like to see in a future patch (If any of these is possible to be implemented anyways)

- Make the Ice Shield take advantage of SPR2_FROZ from Team Kinetic instead of just SPR2_DEAD

srb20592.png
srb20594.png

- Make the custom shields take shieldscale to account

srb20588.png

Last edited:
I have a few questions regarding this mod.
First of, before i reveal my main concern, i first would like to ask if this mod can be played on a single player campaign? As a lot of the monitors in the list seem to be centered around multiplayer (coop or match, though looks to be leaning on the versus players type (like match)).

Now, regarding my main concern, can this mod be used with SRB2Randomizer? While also loading in two different custom monitor mods? (one which i know i've found on the MB before, but unable to find it again no matter how hard i tried)

It's certainly a very nice and fun add-on! I've certainly seen some of these in the past.

I would definitely say it left me wanting more features out of it though, like if there was a console command that could adjust the probabilities of how often specific or all items can appear (basically, the frequency)? Or perhaps being able to turn specific monitors on or off? I think that, at the very least, the former could be a nice addition.

It's certainly a very nice and fun add-on! I've certainly seen some of these in the past.

I would definitely say it left me wanting more features out of it though, like if there was a console command that could adjust the probabilities of how often specific or all items can appear (basically, the frequency)? Or perhaps being able to turn specific monitors on or off? I think that, at the very least, the former could be a nice addition.

@TechnoGod I agree with this very much, an option to adjust monitor rates or disabling specific ones would give players and servers a lot more control over their experience with this addon. You could probably accomplish this using a table holding object names as the key and the value as a integer for weighted random selection when breaking a monitor.

I'd also suggest a command to leave set monitors alone and only affect monitors marked as random, that way you could appeal to hosts who want to guarantee a more consistent and balanced experience.

I also wanna write a script that randomly enables all monitors in rare intervals, so console commands that accomplish the above would make that very possible.

This addon as is is amazing, thanks for a chaotic and fun feature!

EDIT: I just realized the monitors were just set to mystery by default and can be reversed. Whoops! I haven't tested the custom monitors on designated random monitors though so I hope they work on standard monitor mode.

Last edited:
@TechnoGod I agree with this very much, an option to adjust monitor rates or disabling specific ones would give players and servers a lot more control over their experience with this addon. You could probably accomplish this using a table holding object names as the key and the value as a integer for weighted random selection when breaking a monitor.

I'd also suggest a command to leave set monitors alone and only affect monitors marked as random, that way you could appeal to hosts who want to guarantee a more consistent and balanced experience.

I also wanna write a script that randomly enables all monitors in rare intervals, so console commands that accomplish the above would make that very possible.

This addon as is is amazing, thanks for a chaotic and fun feature!

EDIT: I just realized the monitors were just set to mystery by default and can be reversed. Whoops! I haven't tested the custom monitors on designated random monitors though so I hope they work on standard monitor mode.
That was actually a thing in the Dev Build of v3.0 but then 2.2 came out and had to shift our focus on porting the whole thing. We will see what we can do for v3.1.

Yeah although I'm mainly echoing what others have said, I do agree the ability to disable / enable specific monitors would be helpful, especially in gamemodes such as RS Neo where the mod is almost completely incompatible, having the ability to disable the monitors that break your own abilities and functions would be nice. That being said, full compatability with RS Neo would also solve the problem, but that fix might take a large amount more work than simply allowing a toggle?

TechnoGod updated Extra Monitors! - MonitorsPlus with a new update entry:

v3.1 Feature Update

Q4hXI7x.png
Version 3.1 Changelog
Q4hXI7x.png

*Added the MonitorsPlus options menu!
Hosts of servers and promoted players can now access the MonitorsPlus menu by typing mp_menu in the console, the menu features the ability to edit monitor odds or simply disable them and prevent them from appearing entirely by setting their odd values all to 0. You can also spawn the...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

This new update is fantastic! I can have a simple Vanilla match with the option to have the rare S Monitor or H Monitor show up! It feels great and gives so much freedom! Though after extensive testing with characters I figure I'd give some feedback:
When it comes to Hyper Forms, it's mentioned you can do the Omnidash, but it doesn't seem to work or I'm not doing it right as there's no guide on how to utilize it. Either that, or it's not very noticeable.

S Monitors and H Monitors don't work with Sol-Transforming characters like Blaze and Marine. They get the rings needed to sustain a transformation, and their animation plays, but they still remain in their Normal Form.

For characters who already have a Hyper Form accessible to them (E.G: Alt/Crystal Sonic, Adventure Sonic, Super Sonic (via Co-Op, SuperClash or Chaos since he's normally inaccessible in standard ringslinger), Jelly Tails, MCSonic, etc. ) could perhaps be given special flags to use their Hyper Forms instead as currently they use the MP Hyper Form which means they might not be able to use their Hyper Abilities or Hyper-related visuals

srb20434.gif
m
srb20470.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back