• Most users ever online was 8,516, 11-17-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Well, that happened.

SRB2 Kart R1 flew out the door (get it here) to triple digit player counts on the master server and has drawn interest far afield. 48 hours later, and there are already multiple wads in the pipe for release, and I expect a lot more are yet to come.

Characters, levels, and a lot of scripts for kart are not inter-operable with normal SRB2. To keep things easier on everyone, we'll be putting mods for kart in their own forum (here) for now, though the exact details of the arrangement may change later, depending. You may see a little wonkiness to start, but we're smoothing things out.

People planning to release their own wads should be aware that the Filename Conventions for Maps announcement in submissions has been updated with Kart-specific information. Kart characters have their own prefix as well and version numbers are now mandatory in kart addon filenames.

Finally, a quick reminder that adding an add-on to favorites (under "Show Your Support") will notify you when the author changes the version number. Handy!

Have fun, everyone!
This thread contains content that may be reused, modified, or ported by anyone.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Kart Krew™️
Judge
attachment.php

Chasing people in a T-Pose just ain't as satisfying as a standard race sometimes, so feeling the need to stoop to the other racers' level, Espibee joins the race herself! As she drives, she also has her self-propelled ring around her. It has no effect on gameplay (as it would be quite unfair if it did), but it's a standard SPB feature nonetheless, and even flashes when you exceed your top speed! Now that an SPB is competing, you truly can't be safe! Oh, and a Lua-less version is also available, if you would like to do Record Attack, or if the ring just seems too distracting.

attachment.php

The original Lua script I used as a base (via Cream's Cheese Lua) by Steel Titanium. Of course, fickle's Kartmaker was used to make this, as are VelocitOni/Iceman404's pipe frame sprites, and Special Thanks to Tiniest Turtles, Journeyer, Superjustinbros, Lat', Amperbee, and anyone else I may have missed out on! I'd be a lot worse off without you all!

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot; both Azazel's Model Collection and The Community Model Pack feature Espibee models! Check them both out!

Attachments

• Espibee_dab_ketchup.png
    Espibee_dab_ketchup.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 3,056
  • kart0138.gif
    kart0138.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 290
  • kart0129.gif
    kart0129.gif
    4 MB · Views: 3,148
  • kart0131.gif
    kart0131.gif
    765.9 KB · Views: 185
  • kart0132.gif
    kart0132.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
  • KCL_Espibee-v1.pk3
    392.7 KB · Views: 262
  • KC_Espibee-v1.pk3
    384.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Exploitation of Judge power means I can do bad all by myself.

gKKHgdT.png