Encore Mode

[Open Assets] Encore Mode v1.3/v1.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This mod doesnt properly working in Multiplayer, if someone joins in the game crashes. This must be updated

Complete at least the first Special Stage from the main game without any addon activated
Hmmm the only addon I have loaded is the encore campaign stages, and I beat the first special stage as Tails, and it didn't unlock it.

EDIT: Wow. I figured it out. It was removed from MAINCFG. For anyone that wants to play NiGHTS Mode in Encore Campaign, copy/paste this into the MAINCFG inside of the addon in the SOC folder:

Unlockable 7
Name = NiGHTS Mode Encore
Objective = Beat Special Stage 1
ConditionSet = -1
Type = NightsMode

Last edited:
Hmmm the only addon I have loaded is the encore campaign stages, and I beat the first special stage as Tails, and it didn't unlock it.

EDIT: Wow. I figured it out. It was removed from MAINCFG. For anyone that wants to play NiGHTS Mode in Encore Campaign, copy/paste this into the MAINCFG inside of the addon in the SOC folder:

Unlockable 7
Name = NiGHTS Mode Encore
Objective = Beat Special Stage 1
ConditionSet = -1
Type = NightsMode
you can also type "map map50 -force" to enter the Nights Special Stages from 50 to 57

It's been a while since I've last played this mod, but can you make the level layouts an optional download, like the Encore Mechanics? I want to play with the vanilla level layouts, but with the new palettes for each stage. That may defeat the purpose of this pack being a harder campaign, but I'm pretty sure people would like to have the option regardless. Plus, it'd probably make the file smaller, which is good because the level layouts didn't need to be changed at all aside from object placement and different token locations if you ask me. The palettes and lives system would've done just fine for me.

It would be cool if you use ban skins to remove some characters like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles from the Monitors.

Also i discovered a bug if you try in another type of maps. Like The Past for example, the monitor shows the unlockable characters even tho i havent unlocked any of them. Getting one of them and switching them will give me a Lua error and will duplicate a vanilla character

Getting one of them and switching them will give me a Lua error and will duplicate a vanilla character
Unlock those characters first,and then it shuld work. I have all of the unlockable characters and it worked fine for me.

SRB2 the Past was not made with encore mode compatibility in mind.
Can you add Encore Mode compatibility in the future, though? If I remember correctly, it was compatible in v2.1's iteration of the Past, but I also saw on a YouTube video that Encore Mode broke the character-specific emblems, allowing anyone to collect them.

SRB2 the Past was not made with encore mode compatibility in mind.
Yeah most of the addon maps with characters could happend, but some never happend since you can only have those are vanilla and unlocked with the conditions

Hey, I have a question I don't know if anyone has asked yet, but it's about the monitors. I have my 3D models for monitors and they work fine, including the character swap and question mark from competition mode, which codes are TVSW and TVMY, but here in this encore mode specifically, the random monitor with the question mark doesn't work in 3D, it just starts flickering. Is it using a different item code or anything to type in and assign to the actual random monitor model? Thank you.

Hey, I have a question I don't know if anyone has asked yet, but it's about the monitors. I have my 3D models for monitors and they work fine, including the character swap and question mark from competition mode, which codes are TVSW and TVMY, but here in this encore mode specifically, the random monitor with the question mark doesn't work in 3D, it just starts flickering. Is it using a different item code or anything to type in and assign to the actual random monitor model? Thank you.
There is one simple solution for that, simply copy the model of any monitor and edit the PNG picture adding the icon you want and save it as the name of the "TVXX" and thats it. I've done that too and the rest of unmodeled monitors

There is one simple solution for that, simply copy the model of any monitor and edit the PNG picture adding the icon you want and save it as the name of the "TVXX" and thats it. I've done that too and the rest of unmodeled monitors
That's not the problem, the problem is that no matter which XX I use after TV, nothing goes with the question mark monitor in this encore mode specifically. I tried everything, TVMY, TVCR, TVRD, TVEN, anything. There's already a question mark monitor made officially by Jeck Jim's, so I just want to assign this code to that, but it still just flickers, I just want to know which TVXX it is so it can work properly in 3D, and I know this only affects 3D as a problem but I've over 300 hours in SRB2 and I play only in 3D, I wouldn't want to go back for a single item, but it's a bit jarring. I'm just trying to find a solution here.

That's not the problem, the problem is that no matter which XX I use after TV, nothing goes with the question mark monitor in this encore mode specifically. I tried everything, TVMY, TVCR, TVRD, TVEN, anything. There's already a question mark monitor made officially by Jeck Jim's, so I just want to assign this code to that, but it still just flickers, I just want to know which TVXX it is so it can work properly in 3D, and I know this only affects 3D as a problem but I've over 300 hours in SRB2 and I play only in 3D, I wouldn't want to go back for a single item, but it's a bit jarring. I'm just trying to find a solution here.
Remember to add the file in the Models.dat. Otherwise the models wont be loaded. Like this TVSW VDLC/OBJE+/TVSW.md3 1.7 0.0

Remember to add the file in the Models.dat. Otherwise the models wont be loaded. Like this TVSW VDLC/OBJE+/TVSW.md3 1.7 0.0
Yeah, man, that's what I did. I don't think you get this is no ordinary problem, I'm placing the codes in the models.dat making a link to the TVMY (question mark monitor) 3D model, and it still works perfectly in other instances like SRB2 Persona which only uses question mark monitors, or the competition mode in multiplayer vanilla SRB2, I can see the 3D model there; but when I go to this encore mode specifically, the question mark monitor starts flickering, like it's a different monitor in the game's eyes, which means it has to need a different code, a different XX that goes after TV in the models.dat so I can link it to the regular question mark monitor (TVMY) that I use for the rest of the game.

Yeah, man, that's what I did. I don't think you get this is no ordinary problem, I'm placing the codes in the models.dat making a link to the TVMY (question mark monitor) 3D model, and it still works perfectly in other instances like SRB2 Persona which only uses question mark monitors, or the competition mode in multiplayer vanilla SRB2, I can see the 3D model there; but when I go to this encore mode specifically, the question mark monitor starts flickering, like it's a different monitor in the game's eyes, which means it has to need a different code, a different XX that goes after TV in the models.dat so I can link it to the regular question mark monitor (TVMY) that I use for the rest of the game.
Ill try help you with that if i can

I see that I'm very late to the party here.
DSZ2:
srb20002.png

srb20003.png

srb20004.png

srb20005.png

CEZ1:
srb20006.png

srb20007.png
srb20008.png

ACZ1:
srb20010.png

ACZ2:
srb20012.png

Thank god for spoiler thingies.
I took a break at ACZ's boss, I have yet to feel like beating it.
It can get frustrating, but it's very beautiful, and faithful to the original Encore mode from SMP.
Great work!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back