This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
attachment.php

- D00DPAK64 -

I like to map, but I also need to test. As a result, before the maps (possibly) get added to the main game, check out some of the maps I make for SRB2 Kart, right now! Not only are they (probably) cool, but you get to help (some part of) the game improve to boot! Right now, the pack has 2 maps included, which may not sound like much, but they're pretty great (I hope)!

- B A N A N A S M M M M -

Finally, after all these years, it's the SRB2 Kart X Sonic Dumbventure crossover map you've been waiting for?! Maybe!?!? I got the go-ahead to put up this map for the public, so here it is, just for you. It's got Kongs, its got BANANAS, it's got flying pigs, what more do you really need?

- Galf Legacy -

Ah, Galf, The Sport of Kings. Truly, no game series is as great as the Galf franchise. But perhaps if I put a Simulation Galf map in our kart racer, we can get just a taste of Galf's greatness to grace the far less dignified sport of kart racing. With state of the art high definition graphics, and stunning high fidelity audio clips, this is truly the map most likely to make you think "I'd rather be GALFIN'!"

-p1
First Public Release.
-p1 (PK3)
Record attack compatable. PK3 format.
-p1.01
The shortcut jump was made harder to take, other minor texture fixes.
-v1.1
Filename changed to kr_MMMM to reduce bytes for servers. Also switched to "v" instead of "p" just to be consistent with other addons. Adjusted the 90 degree angle turn to be easier to see, and given more wiggle room. Arrows added in spots where it was difficult to gauge where to go due to changes in elevation. A few other minor texture fixes, such as missing textures or unpegged middle textures.
-v2 (Dpak)
Now it's a level pack! Okay, its only two maps, but that's plural! Filename changed to kr_Dpak to keep the name short. The new map is Galf Legacy, a map based on the greatest galf simulation series of all time! I've yet to test this in a proper netgame, so be aware there may be checkpoint issues. Please tell me if you find them! Tee up!
-v2.1
In the spirit of galf simulation, the water is no longer water, but instead a simulation of what many believed bodies of water to be like in the early 90s; a death pit that's wet. No more water skipping. What do you think this is? Golf? Minor adjustments were also made, but perhaps if you investigate...
-v2.2
Fixed the screwy finishing on Galf Legacy, hopefully these checkpoints are actually FIXED now, clearing up that problem. Terrain was also slightly adjusted, and there are more guide arrows around a set of turns midway.
-v2.3
Adjusted jumps on B A N A N A S, so hopefully you wont explode off into your death off of ramps when using boosting items. Closed a gap on a shortcut so you dont just fall inbetween. A wall on Galf Legacy was raised a bit, and some red springs were changed to yellow to make one of the turns easier.
-v2.4
GALF.NET installed on Galf Legacy. Now there are nets on parts of the map. They help with guidance, saftey, and spikeball rebound shots. Checkpoints are hopefully improved after redoing them. The final portion of B A N A N A S has also been adjusted, as well as signs placed to make the split easier to see and react to for first time players.
-v2.5
I swear, B A N A N A S checkpoint problem better be fixed now. I also made it impossible to do this one exploit that was pointed out to me. If you didn't know about it... good.

Attachments

• kart0023.gif
    kart0023.gif
    210 KB · Views: 13,028
  • kart0024.gif
    kart0024.gif
    414 KB · Views: 870
  • kart0025.gif
    kart0025.gif
    330.7 KB · Views: 959
  • kart0086.gif
    kart0086.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 999
  • kart0051.png
    kart0051.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 753
  • kart0050.png
    kart0050.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 7,993
  • kr_Dpak-v2-5.pk3
    6.5 MB · Views: 1,431
Last edited:
Whoops! Needed to make a quick fix. It is now Record Attack compatible! It's also a PK3 now!

EDIT: It's version 1.01, with one quick fix to make the shortcut harder to take, and other small fixes. I'll hold off on updating again for a bit.

Last edited:
This is actually really cool! This has to be a secret Map Hell track in an upcoming release for SRB2 Kart. Also BANANAS ARE AWESOME!!!!!

So before i start critiquing, let me start by saying I think overall, this track is pretty decent, both in its overall look, feel, and track design (and who can hate that music). With a few tweaks, I could see this being a great track that would feel way better than a majority of tracks in the srb2k default roster. Now onto the critiques.

For starters, lemme point out the biggest, and honestly only real issue I have with this map, and its the spring turn as seen here kart0006.gif. As you can see, taking it requires braking the entire time after landing from the spring just to barely not fall off. Even when trying to go as inside as possible, the turn feels awkward due to how hard you have to slow down just to make it without beefing it off the ledge. A good idea might be to make the turn, instead of a hard 90 degree turn, a bit more rounded going into the next section. Up to you to decide what you think would work best, but as it is now, this turn feels like a smear on an otherwise great track. (You seemed to think it was fine when I pointed it out midrace, so if you know something that I don't about this turn, feel free to let me know as i'm all than more willing to admit that I messed up)

The only other thing I can really point out is several uphill/downhill slopes making upcoming sections feel a little unreadable as seen in kart0008.gif kart0005.gif and kart0009.gif. Now, the reason I don't really see it as a big issue is that none of them really are THAT bad, but from doing a few laps, the lack of conveyance of whats ahead on a few of these felt like the flow wasn't as good as it could be. Whether it be arrow signs or track elements that alert racers to what's coming up, any of these would, at least to me, make these sections a lot more approachable, especially to first timers of the track.

Alright, I updated the map to Version 1.1!

Filename changed to kr_MMMM to reduce bytes for servers. Also switched to "v" instead of "p" just to be consistent with other addons. Adjusted the 90 degree angle turn to be easier to see, and given more wiggle room. Arrows added in spots where it was difficult to gauge where to go due to changes in elevation. A few other minor texture fixes, such as missing textures or unpegged middle textures.

Version 2!

attachment.php

Okay, after being inspired by looking into the mirror and looking at my T-shirt at the time, another map has been made in the span of 3 days! Now we can call this a pack! Okay, its only two maps, but that's plural! Filename changed to kr_Dpak to keep the name short. The new map is Galf Legacy, a map based on the greatest galf simulation series of all time! I've yet to test this in a proper netgame, so be aware there may be checkpoint issues. Please tell me if you find them! Tee up!

Version 2.1!

In the spirit of galf simulation, the water is no longer water, but instead a simulation of what many believed bodies of water to be like in the early 90s; a death pit that's wet. No more water skipping. What do you think this is? Golf? Minor adjustments were also made, but perhaps if you investigate...

Tried these out for the first time this morning and holy shit, these have some of the best directioning I have seen thus far. It was always clear to me what direction I needed to turn in next, even though I was still in the process of waking up. This is especially impressive for the first map since it uses a monochrome palette—stellar work, I'm really glad these are getting into the base game in the future!

Version 2.2 is up!

Fixed the screwy finishing on Galf Legacy, hopefully these checkpoints are actually FIXED now, clearing up that problem. Terrain was also slightly adjusted, and there are more guide arrows around a set of turns midway.

Version 2.3!
Adjusted jumps on B A N A N A S, so hopefully you wont explode off into your death off of ramps when using boosting items. Closed a gap on a shortcut so you dont just fall inbetween. A wall on Galf Legacy was raised a bit, and some red springs were changed to yellow to make one of the turns easier.

I think I saw some checkpoint screwiness in B A N A N A S, but I'm not sure. I think this'll be my last update until either I make a new map, or some horrible bug/exploit crops up. Keep me posted if you spot something like that!

Version 2.4!
GALF.NET installed on Galf Legacy. Now there are nets on parts of the map. They help with guidance, saftey, and spikeball rebound shots. Checkpoints are hopefully improved after redoing them. The final portion of B A N A N A S has also been adjusted, as well as signs placed to make the split easier to see and react to for first time players.

...I really hope this checkpoint nonsense stops soon. I'll have to figure this out eventually, but hopefully they're better this time?

Version 2.5!
I swear, B A N A N A S checkpoint problem better be fixed now. I also made it impossible to do this one exploit that was pointed out to me. If you didn't know about it... good.

I see these maps a lot in netgames, Galf specially, so I'd like to give my two cents about them.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you for creating very visually distinctive, unique and appealing maps. They are a blast to play on visuals alone, and aside from minor gripes I'll into later, the layouts are pretty solid.

B A N A N A S M M M M, despite having very good contrast between the floor and walls using a monochrome palette, has a few sign visibility issues - a lot of it has to do with them being placed after inclines or declines. I'd strongly suggest offsetting these signs higher if possible, I see a lot of people struggling in netgames navigating the map because of it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have a minor gripe with the last spring section too, because using a sneaker will cause you to fall out, with any character and speed. It catches absolutely everyone, specially those using catch-up items. A lot of people won't understand that that is the purpose of the yellow springs (if that's their purpose at all). If the ground could be moved closer to the second spring platform, it would be pretty good.
attachment.php

Finally, the shortcut is actually a little worse than what it could be. Since there is a red/yellow spring split, and the yellow springs (which lead the player to where they want to go) make you slower, even though it is ultimately faster than not taking it, the positioning of the red springs allows you to do this faster cut, ignoring the shortcut altogether. It's about two seconds faster, too, which makes the shortcut pointless - consider swapping the spring positions, in order to make the shortcut more relevant.
attachment.php

Now, Galf Legacy, man, I love it and its seemingly limitless skill ceiling. Whenever I think I can't improve my time, I learn a new strat that allows me to do so. However, that is also its pitfall - its skill floor is relatively unwelcome to newcomers. In netgames, the time disparity between 1st and last can be as high as 20 seconds, because they simply don't know where to go. However, I believe it's a very fixable problem - I'd add more trees around where players shouldn't go (e.g., deep offroad), and I'd try to slope the springs to make them more apparent from farther away, but I don't blame you if you don't want to do so to keep the aesthetic of the map.

That's all, keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Lrfcxy5.gif

Somehow all this time, on Donkey Kracken's good Earth, there is a second fate here that isn't getting spiked by a flying pig. On Normal speed, specifically shrunken 1-speed characters cannot make it, it seems like.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back