Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons

[Open Assets] Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons v1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
based on the wording it seems like they've been looking for a solution, why cant you just have data set to a save, if its using a modded character tag it as such and if its a vanilla tag it as vanilla, any untagged save will automatically be tagged as vanilla just to keep old saves working, than assign characters a random number some how corresponding to a character, maybe by file name being converted to a number somehow, and if it detects that a mod isnt loaded than load the mod with the corresponding number with a notification popping up asking if you want to do it, also assign the official characters special tags to make them a1, a2, a3, a4 ect so they dont get overwritten by some mod named acdb.wad, the only problem i can think is when a mod gets updated the name would change from acdb-vX.wad to acdb-vY.wad slightly changing the number meaning it wouldnt sync up, so maybe based on character name, color, ability1 and ability2, and that, not stats incase they're changed.
It’s based on the skin name, which is how the game internally knows which character is which

(after savefile conversion)
1645324707401.png

Huh. How odd.

Hello, I encountered a bug when using this with 3D models on : the game is crashing (SIGSEGV - segment violation).
I don't know why it happens because 1 month ago it was working perfectly fine and now I suddenly can't use 3D models with this addon.
I tried reinstalling the game, this addon, updating the models and searching for a fix on other threads but I didn't find anything, please help.

This is pretty cool. But why does it like take you to a different game when you activate it? It would be a big better if it stayed in the main with the non mod files as well, you know what i mean?

I'm actually curious if there is a way to load the game on start up into the custom .soc. It's not a fun task to want to play with some new custom characters that ruin the alphabetized system in the addons folder and then corrupt all the other character slots haha. (basically im asking for a way to make the main gamedata the custom version so that when I open the game it's already custom and I dont have to go through the hassle of loading all my mods in the right order)

This is a very simple SOC script that creates a custom gamedata, which therefore allows you to create save files while using addons. If what I said is too confusing, maybe this will make more sense to you:

attachment.php

HOW TO USE:
1. Load all the addons that you want to use.
2. Load v_customsave-v1.soc as the very last file.
3. When you come back to play again later, make sure you load everything in the same order, or else you may run into problems. (Save files save your skin as a number. If you load skins in a different order, your save file may end up as a different character.)

Another little caveat is that, since this is a new gamedata, unlockables and records will be reset while this script is loaded. Don't worry, you'll still have everything in your non-modified game, but you'll have to do everything again here.

Hopefully in the future we'll be able to provide a better solution for saving while using addons. It is something I have pushed for during development, and it seems like something most other people on the team would like to have, but we had more pressing things to tend to at the time (like finishing 2.2). This should tide you guys over until then.

---

I have added a batch script that should allow you to convert your existing SRB2 saves and records (unlockables, emblems) to work with the custom gamedata addon. Just run Convert Save to Custom Gamedata.bat and follow the prompts. This will create copies of your saves that can be used with V_customsave-v1.soc. They will be separate files, so any progress you make in vanilla or custom will not carry over to the other from that point on.
How did I exactly install the "convert save data to custom save data "

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back