Clone Fighter

Clone Fighter v3.0.1

For someone who has never played the now Classic version, this is insane as a character. I really like the work put into this. I'm gonna try this in game more extensively. Welcome to releases!

so basically
neo_metal_sonic_by_advert_man_d60fr7c-fullview.jpg

so theres a bug where you get a sigsev error after spindashing in i think any of the oldc level packs
Post automatically merged:

follow up to my last comment:
apparently if you get dash mode as clone metal and gain a ton of speed, then swap back to any non dashmode character, this happens.
Before speed glitch: After speed glitch:
srb20161.gif
srb20163.gif

This also works as dashmode storation.

Last edited:
so theres a bug where you get a sigsev error after spindashing in i think any of the oldc level packs
That's a known issue, and I'm not sure if I can do anything about it. I'll talk to the OLDC devs and see what options are available to mitigate it.

follow up to my last comment:
apparently if you get dash mode as clone metal and gain a ton of speed, then swap back to any non dashmode character, this happens.
Before speed glitch: After speed glitch:
View attachment 84630View attachment 84629
This also works as dashmode storation.
This, however... I'm not entirely sure why, but it doesn't happen on my end. What add-ons did you have loaded aside from Sol Sestancia when you were recording?

i just discovered when being windows the pc and doing the command thingy with flagtoss and switching between other chars the state still continues and then the characters use their continue or trick fail sprites (xmom)

That's a known issue, and I'm not sure if I can do anything about it. I'll talk to the OLDC devs and see what options are available to mitigate it.

This, however... I'm not entirely sure why, but it doesn't happen on my end. What add-ons did you have loaded aside from Sol Sestancia when you were recording?
the only thing i think could cause it is classic physics

There's an issue with the mario bros: for some reason when I use clone fighter to switch to them Mario moves very slow, and Luigi shares the same voice clips from Mario as well is that a known bug orrr???

Spindashing as Clone Fighter leads to a segmentation fault on my Linux setup with Uncapped Plus, even when Clone Fighter is the only addon loaded. Need to test on plain SRB2 though.

Crash log:
Cause: Segmentation fault

Backtrace:
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(+0x814b8)[0x562edfad04b8]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(+0x815ec)[0x562edfad05ec]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x3bcf0)[0x7fed1603bcf0]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(+0x1ee0a5)[0x562edfc3d0a5]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(+0x1fbe3c)[0x562edfc4ae3c]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(P_MovePlayer+0x76a)[0x562edfc4d08a]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(P_PlayerThink+0x145d)[0x562edfc5281d]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(P_Ticker+0x1d5)[0x562edfc33735]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(G_Ticker+0x109a)[0x562edfb55eda]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(TryRunTics+0x239)[0x562edfb13859]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(D_SRB2Loop+0xfc)[0x562edfb0701c]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(main+0x7b)[0x562edfacf92b]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x23510)[0x7fed16023510]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x89)[0x7fed160235c9]
/root/SRB2-modified/bin/lsdl2srb2(_start+0x25)[0x562edfacfb55]

Update (8 Feb 2023 - 13:51): I was pressing the wrong button for the preview. Also, I threw every DreamUniverse character and Windows at Clone Fighter, and found these issues:
  • The aforementioned issues with the Mario Bros
  • Werehog's arms, when stretching out, aren't transparent like the rest of Clone Werehog
  • Nor is Tangle's tail
  • Werehog can cause a crash as well on my Linux setup when landing while air slashing
  • Blaze's flame isn't grey but is darker
  • Jana cannot slash
  • Windows's, Skip's, and Kiryu's extra HUD overlap Clone Fighter's
  • Interestingly enough Espio and Blaze can spindash fine on my system
Update (14:01) - Tried hosting a server with Clone Fighter. Any spindash from a Clone Fighter player crashes the server as well, barring Blaze and Espio.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the bug reports! Unfortunately, the extra HUD things aren't something I can easily fix, and neither are the character-specific limitations (such as Luigi using Mario's voice or Jana not being able to use her sword), but I'll try to address every single issue mentioned so far in the thread by the time the next major version releases.

I'll compile a known issue list on the release post, so I can keep track of my progress.

I just tested vanilla SRB2 + Clone Fighter on my Mac, and it crashes on any spindash attempt there too. Any Windows users experiencing the same issue?

Regarding Windows's, Skip's, and Kiryu's extra HUD, perhaps Clone Fighter's own HUD extension can be moved as necessary to not overlap them.

Edit (2023-02-21 21:55): Forgot to mention that the signpost has Z-fighting issues in OpenGL mode.

Last edited:
I just tested vanilla SRB2 + Clone Fighter on my Mac, and it crashes on any spindash attempt there too. Any Windows users experiencing the same issue?

Actually, no.

srb20001.gif

I've just tested the Spindash on my computer and it seems to work just fine. I can confirm the Werehog issue persists over here, however.

A pretty great mod but while I was playing rogerroger's adventure geniyses I got jump scared by microwave It scared the hell out of me 🤣

Hey, is this...
Screenshot 2023-05-21 8.43.08 PM.png

...intended to happen, it isn't allowing me to move, and it happens when i try to transform.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back