- What permissions do you give others to modify and/or maintain your submission?
- Modify: ASK ME - Maintain: IN MY ABSENCE - Others must ask me for permission before modifying my submission or use it in their own work, and I reserve the right to say no for any reason. However, if I can no longer be contacted, I give permission for my entire submission to be maintained by others.
A Backpack full of fun and high speed action, Skip & Jana join SRB2!
Welcome to StephChars! An OC pack created by yours truly focused on the Crystal Crash Team! I'll be updating this thread from now on when a new character or update is released. Without further ado, let's get this show started!
Skip is all about using every tool at your disposal to deal with any situation. His Double Jump combined with his Dives can help him reach higher up places and cross large distances without breaking a sweat! Should you need to fit through tight spaces, you can slide on the ground to pick up speed on slopes in style!
And when all that fails, Skip can grab onto most ledges to help himself up a platform he almost missed. Careful though, diving into walls will stun you and fling you back!
But that's not all, folks! By tapping Jump while Crouching, Skip will reach into his backpack to craft any shield in the game, including most modded ones too! By spending Scrap he gains from badniks, bosses and ring monitors, Skip is prepared for any situation!
These aren't your run of the mill shields, however! Almost every shield give Skip's Dive a unique active ability alongside its passive. From wall jumps to powerful electric dashes, there's a lot to experiment with. Just be mindful with your spending!
Too lazy to test what each ability does? Here's a quick list!
- Wind Dive (Whirlwind): Get a large vertical boost for your first dive!
- Homing Dive (Electric): Well, does what it says on the tin.
- Rebound Dive (Force): Stun begone! Diving into a wall will make you safely jump off it.
- Meteor Dive (Elemental): Fly into the ground with massive force. Leave a fire trail while sliding!
- Atomic Dive (Armageddon): Charge up a dive and blast away! Overcharging will blow it up!
- Bounce Dive (Bubble): Plummet to the ground and bounce back up!
- Burst Dive (Fire): Gives your dives a stronger boost forwards, excellent for speed!
- Wire Dive (Lightning): Dash forwards in a straight line at blinding speeds
Jana excels at both combat and speeding through levels. Her sword is capable of slashing through any obstacle in front of her, unleashing quick combos and shooting short range projectiles. By holding down Spin, you'll be able to charge a powerful strike that pierces enemies and travels double distance to use whenever you like to.
Tired of dealing with enemies? Dash away at any time! By pressing C1 or double tapping any Direction (can be toggled), Jana will gain a powerful burst of speed that she can keep by jumping in the air. While in this dash state, your air control is improved, allowing you to take sharper turns and keeping your speed.
But that's not all! Jump into any wall to latch onto it and slide down it! You can now jump away and string together wall jumps to blast through levels! And as a nice little bonus, wall jumps don't reset your dash state!
And as you might have noticed, Jana has one last trick up her sleeve - The Rekkohua! Triple jumping will cause Jana to plummet down to the ground. Should she fall for long enough, energy pillars will spiral around her, dealing tons of damage! Be very careful though, while in this state she cannot latch onto walls!
Level Shown: Falcon Emissary by InferNOr from the OLDC 2021 Round 1
Y'all know me. I like to hide plenty of easter eggs and extra features to my mods and I highly encourage you go out and find 'em all yourself! Although if you rather have a checklist of things to do and have fun with, I won't stop ya from reading this!
- Diving into walls make you spin around violently (funny)
- Running dust clouds + lil footsteps sounds because cute
- Afraid of the dark? Press C1 to use your trusty flashlight!
- Victory pose! You can also trigger it by pressing Toss Flag while crouching!
- Press C2 near anyone to give 'em a big hug!
- No one's around to help, but you don't need to prove yourself to anyone. [Press Toss Flag]
- Chaos Emeralds bring about the power of the mighty Steam Sale, cutting crafting prices by 25%!
- Skip learned some new dance moves thanks to his crystal fox friend.
- Straight out of his racing adventures, hop aboard the Red Rock by summoning it through a nautical token!
- The village of Sinopa tells the legend of a Hero's Crest, gifted by the combination of chaotic crystals and supercharged crafted creations.
- Press Toss Flag on the ground to jam out!
- Rock on with other Jana players and make a concert!
- Megaman Zero references in her poses, abilities and sounds! Can you find em all?
- Sword slashes actually cut enemies in half, with a script that lets you add your own cut enemies!
- Customizable controls + I/O
- Although embarrassed, she will join in the kicking dance party... Or well, she'll try.
- She really stretches the definition of a "boat", but she can summon her own Ride Chaser with a certain nautical token.
- An actual Super Form! (Hold down jump and press spin!)
Obtain the Ultimate Power (Toss Flag + C2)
Finally... I section dedicated to well, everyone who has helped out in making my OCs a reality. I genuinely owe each of you so much and I am extremely grateful and fortunate to have been able to work with you lot. Love ya all
- Skip Coding - SMS Alfredo, Bloops, Shine & MotdSpork
- Jana Coding - Frostiikin & Lach, ft. MotdSpork, rumia1 and SMSAlfredo
And of course, thank you Spork, Rumia and Alfredo for stomping all the bugs you found while Frostii and Lach were busy!
- Balance and Suggestions - Inazuma
- Playtesting, Feedback, and Netgame Insanity - The CSCS & The Adventurer's Guild
And of course, you, the player!
Hope you enjoy StephChars as much as we did making em'!