SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Characters

Mit's Character Pack (A NEW GENERATION: ALEX FROM SFIII) Details »»
Mit's Character Pack (A NEW GENERATION: ALEX FROM SFIII)
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (3 votes - 4.20 average)
Released: 02-04-2019 Last Update: 04-08-2019 Favourites: 10
Characters

13 racers!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pack now includes separate PK3s! Simply download the pack and there will be a folder containing each character separately.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iT...Go2gtWByikJ2iC

UPDATES

V7 (1/2/20)

= Added Alex.
  • Fixed a bug involving certain character's rank, mini-map, and wanted portraits loading with a bad sprite name in the full PK3.
  • For some reason, I can't actually attach files to the thread anymore, so the upload link is now a Google Drive link to the .zip.

Spoiler:

V6 (4/7/19)

= Added Mob.

= Added Reigen.

V5 (3/30/19)

= Added Luigi.
  • Reorganized characters by franchise and type.

V4 (3/23/19)

= Added Pit.

= Removed all LUA files and adjusted character palettes accordingly.
  • Super Show Mario's shirt is now cyan.
  • Kumatora's dress now entirely changes color.
  • Mario & Luigi have their overalls change color. Kart color also matches overalls.

V3 (2/13/19)

= Added Mario and Metal Mario.

= Added an additional download for individual PK3s.
  • Unnecessary files have been removed from Goombakart.

V2 (2/9/19)

= Added a LUA-less version of the pack (KC_mitpack_v2.pk3) for replay support and general support going forward.
  • Mario and Luigi's overalls + kart change color in KCL pack.
  • Super Show Mario's cap and overalls change color in KCL pack.
= Fixed some things about Kumatora.
  • Both of her boost voice clips will now play properly. No idea why they didn't before.
  • Rebalanced her slightly (weight 3 -> 4).
= Goombakart now has attacking voice lines.

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 02-04-2019   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

I was a bit wary about adding this due to the odd joke characters (goombakart I've seen on Discord so I assume that's some kind of injoke I just don't know about), but the quality of the other characters made up for it. Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019   #3
Moogie

Okay obviously goombas the best
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019   #4
mitsame

Updated the pack- there were a few things here and there that were bothering me that I've now fixed, on top of adding a version of the pack that works without two-color/LUA for those who want that. I've detailed all the changes in the OP + updated the download link!
mitsame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #5
mitsame

I've updated the pack to version 3- both the KC and KCL packs contain folders with each character as a separate PK3 for ease of use! I've also added two new characters- Mario and Metal Mario!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0001.png
Views:	18596
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	16553   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0000.png
Views:	18290
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	16554  
Old 02-14-2019   #6
NoNameGuy721
Knuck Knuck Its Chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsame View Post
I've updated the pack to version 3- both the KC and KCL packs contain folders with each character as a separate PK3 for ease of use! I've also added two new characters- Mario and Metal Mario!

Moderator Notice:
It's not against the rules, but why do you feel the need to quote the post directly above you, even the huge images included?
*Ahem* don't you see we already had 3 marios (and luigi) and now you add 2 more marios? dont you see that we already have a mario wad in SRB2 Kart by DirkTH? is there a explanation on making this character pack? (calm down or dont make a infraction on me im just saying that we already have a mario i SRB2 Kart ok?)

(NoNameGuy721 received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 02-15-2019 at 03:03 AM.
NoNameGuy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #7
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Why are you being as an ass about it? Let the author do what they want. It's not harming anybody, and people are free to do their own versions already existing characters, like the different Sonics. It's just this author's version of Mario, and even an edit that makes him Metal Mario because "why not".
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #8
mitsame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameGuy721 View Post
is there a explanation on making this character pack? (calm down or dont make a infraction on me im just saying that we already have a mario i SRB2 Kart ok?)
Because I like Mario! The next character won't be another Mario.

Technically, this Mario is meant to fit alongside Virt's fantastic Daisy- both are based on their Mario Kart 8 incarnations.

On another note, I've fixed up some incompatibility issues regarding this Mario and DirkTH's. You should be able to use the KCL versions of both this pack and Dirk's Mario without a hitch. Mario's file has also been renamed to "Kart8Mario" so it's easier to tell the two apart.
Old 02-14-2019   #9
NoNameGuy721
Knuck Knuck Its Chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsame View Post
Because I like Mario! The next character won't be another Mario.

Technically, this Mario is meant to fit alongside Virt's fantastic Daisy- both are based on their Mario Kart 8 incarnations.

On another note, I've fixed up some incompatibility issues regarding this Mario and DirkTH's. You should be able to use the KCL versions of both this pack and Dirk's Mario without a hitch. Mario's file has also been renamed to "Kart8Mario" so it's easier to tell the two apart.
well... mistery solved of "why is there another mario wad in SRB2 Kart"
NoNameGuy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019   #10
Waloogy

wanted to say that these are probably my favorite characters to use in srb2k! thanks for making these and i hope to see more!
Waloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019   #11
mitsame

I've updated the pack, and have added Pit! He's sporting a design inspired by both the original game and Uprising.

Furthermore, I've removed the option for a LUA download. It's simply too much for me to juggle at once, and LUA scripted characters aren't compatible with single player anyway. I have ideas for how to give certain previously LUA-built characters two-tone palettes, but they would require new palettes to be added to the base game. I've got a bunch of patch notes in the OP as usual!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	char.png
Views:	16734
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	18013  
Old 03-30-2019   #12
mitsame

Luigi is here! Now you can race as both Mario brothers. More details in the OP!

We are now at 10 characters!! Wow!! Next update I may start to split this pack up, though I'm not entirely sure how I'd want to go about doing so. I think it ultimately depends on who I complete next.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srb2kart_2019-03-30_14-17-54.png
Views:	15974
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	18183  
Old 03-30-2019   #13
Dimpsuu
Dimpsy

I wouldn't mind 2 packs: Serious and Joke.
That way you can make all the joke characters you want and others won't feel like the 8-bit Link and Goombah are sort of deadweight.
Old 03-30-2019   #14
Superjustinbros
AKA Superjustinbros

Dimpsy has a good point, plus it'd reduce clutter on servers that host the pack mainly only for the more seriously-designed characters.
Superjustinbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019   #15
mitsame

I'm not sure what exactly in my pack constitutes as a "serious" character, though, besides 8-Bit Link and Goombakart, which are obviously joke characters.

8-Bit Link I was planning on giving an overhaul so he's closer to a voxel character visually with all 8 directions which blurs the line even more, and I think even still there's only 2 joke characters out of a total of 10 if the only thing that defines which ones are jokes are the amount of effort put in. There's a lot of Marios but the only one closest to a joke is Super Show Mario, who isn't really a joke, just a funny character. Every Mario regardless has an equal amount of effort put in, but if I were to split off the Marios into their own pack, I feel as though the problem would persist because it would take up another add-on slot and people would just use it for one Mario.

The simplest answer I think would be to cut the joke characters, however I know they have their uses and I'm pretty confident in the mindset that not everyone sees them as "deadweight", especially 8-Bit Link. Furthermore I don't really know if I have any other joke character ideas that I couldn't also just turn into "funny characters that have effort put into them", or ones that I wouldn't add to the pack on principle alone.
Old 04-08-2019   #16
mitsame

Version 6 is here along with Mob and Reigen from Mob Psycho 100! We're now at 12 whole characters! Hooray!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kart0010.png
Views:	15189
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	18425   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0011.png
Views:	15115
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	18426  
Old 01-02-2020   #17
mitsame

Version 7 is finally here with the 13th racer- Alex from Street Fighter 3! The sleeping lion has a weight of 9 and a speed of 7. Download the new pack here!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iT...Go2gtWByikJ2iC

Old 01-02-2020   #18
Waloogy

Makes me wish I had people to play Third Strike with again... Alex is great!
Waloogy is offline   Reply With Quote