SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Alternative Sonic (v7.3) Details »»
Alternative Sonic (v7.3)
Developer Last Online: Jan 2021

Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 3.90 average)
Released: 01-20-2020 Last Update: 01-12-2021 Favourites: 22
Characters SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Models Sprites/Graphics

Hey there everyone!

Let's get right to the point.

Abilities:

Super Dash Mode
Spoiler:
Alt Sonic has Dash Mode, minus the badnik busting and spike breaking. This is where Super Dash Mode comes in. This is represented by a sound cue, colorization, afterimages, sparkles in the color of the player, and a unique running animation. If the player builds enough speed within Dash Mode, they will enter a state where they are not only at peak speed, but can also break spikes/monitors and can't be harmed.

Atom Dash
Spoiler:
Instead of a regular thok, Alt Sonic has the Atom Dash. The Atom Dash is basically a chargeable thok with special properties. Upon pressing and holding a double jump, the player will be suspended in the air, and will enter Atom Charge. Atom Charge has 3 levels, along with an overcharge. Each level is represented by a paraloop surrounding the player, along with a sound cue. With each level, the paraloops increase in number. You can either tap the button for a weaker dash, or hold it for a stronger one. This also changes with Dash Mode, gaining an instant level 1 charge and higher power. If held for too long however, you'll overcharge it and fall helplessly.

Spindrift
Spoiler:
Replacing the Spindash there is the Spindrift, a Spindash that can be initiated anywhere on the ground. This is mainly useful for preserving Dash Mode and making sharp turns.

Miscellaneous changes
Spoiler:
- If the player presses spin while in the spring state, they will enter jump state.
- Super Sonic has all upsides of Dash Mode/Super Dash Mode and more, breaking spikes upon contact as well as having the strongest possible Atom Dash. There is a tradeoff of having no Dash Mode, however.
- Alt Sonic comes with his own color of AltBlue. He also has a custom Super Color.
- A special surprise if the player presses ring toss as Super Sonic with 100+ rings...
- A special command for those that want a blast from the past... (detailed in changelog)
- Some easter eggs.

I've legit been working on this for over a year now, and I can say it's finally the best it can be.

As of 7.3, the Alt Sonic MD3 is no longer available for download. Things have changed too much and support for the model has been broken in quite a few places. If Jeck Jims happens to want to make an official release, however, I may update this thread. I hope you all can understand.

Now with everything out of the way, Enjoy.

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

v7.3 - The "last one ever I promise" Update. This update was originally going to be an extremely minor one, so much so it wouldn't have even been 7.3. However, adding in a few more changes has managed to make this update a little bigger than originally planned.
- The hyper transformation sequence has been completely overhauled, sporting a custom animation along with a unique sound effect and wonderful Super Emerald sprites by Golden. The Atom Dash method, however, has been removed entirely. It caused a bit of issues, so it had to go.
- Replaced the hyper music (NiGHTS Attack) with something a bit more fitting.
- Reverted hyper afterimages to the old method since the S3K version was... not great.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 CL_AltSonic-v7.3.pk3 (1.35 MB, 219 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20019.png
Views:	2138
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	36173   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20040.jpg
Views:	2540
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	39942   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.gif
Views:	2258
Size:	5.94 MB
ID:	39943   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.gif
Views:	2039
Size:	5.50 MB
ID:	39944   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	1310
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	39946  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.gif
Views:	1282
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	39947  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 3 Days Ago   #162
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
custom 3 to laff
chuckles the maniacally laughing hedgehog flashbacks
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #163
Icezer
That one dude.

v7.2 is out. This update mostly fixes bugs related to the homing attack and changes a few small things.

- Hyper ghosts now spawn more similarly to Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
- Speed shoes now increase the homing speed of the homing attack, the same way super does.

I should also address that from this point forward, Alt Sonic's moveset is locked down. There will be no more new additions and any versions made from here on out are bugfixes exclusively.

With all that said, enjoy.
Old 1 Day Ago   #164
GreenKnight9000

Definitely not a fan of the S3K Hyper ghost trail, they're just really distracting and just hard to look at. I suggest reverting it back to the original trail or think of something else, like making the ghost trail flicker a tad slower

Still waiting for Controller Support to be fixed...
GreenKnight9000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #165
khamo
Thought I create here? No!

One final tweak I would like is to have I/O support, having to type in the same command over and over (even when in the same game session!) to set it to what I want is starting to get very tedious.

That's really all I have to say, I congratulate you a lot for creating such an amazing character over the course of these months. I really was hooked in seeing this come to life, and it truly was satisfying to experience the end.

Seriously, thank you for a definitive way to play Sonic in SRB2.

Last edited by khamo; 1 Day Ago at 09:43 AM. Reason: Woops, made "an definitive" instead of "a definitive"
khamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Hours Ago   #166
Icezer
That one dude.

v7.3 has been dropped. Originally planned to be 7.2b, fixing hyper afterimages, things have been changed a teensy bit from past versions to qualify this for a new version number. Check the changelog for details.

2 things before I leave you all to enjoy the new update, however.

1. Do not ask for the MD3 to come back. I no longer plan on working on it.
2. This version was originally planned to include I/O for the... 2 commands included, but due to certain... headaches, it wasn't finished.
Old 20 Hours Ago   #167
Icy Dragon

what is the new hyper song? it sounds so familiar...
Old 15 Hours Ago   #168
khamo
Thought I create here? No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icezer View Post
v7.3 has been dropped. Originally planned to be 7.2b, fixing hyper afterimages, things have been changed a teensy bit from past versions to qualify this for a new version number. Check the changelog for details.

2. This version was originally planned to include I/O for the... 2 commands included, but due to certain... headaches, it wasn't finished.
Understandable about to I/O, doing it is a pain man. Seriously, have fun and just chill! Thank you for the 8 months of constant excitement and fun!
Old 8 Hours Ago   #169
Icezer
That one dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Dragon View Post
what is the new hyper song? it sounds so familiar...
For those curious of the new hyper music, it would happen to be from Sonic Runners. Particularly "Beyond the Speed Of"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx-FXccJe6g
Old 3 Hours Ago   #170
Jonasonic456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icezer View Post

How do you turn hyper sonic?
Jonasonic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Hours Ago   #171
plushemmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasonic456 View Post
How do you turn hyper sonic?
Its an easter egg and I dont know how to make spoilers soo... I cant tell you unless you wanna spoiler
Old 3 Hours Ago   #172
Jonasonic456

Never mind. I got it.
Jonasonic456 is offline   Reply With Quote