This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Seezee

This character doesn't support Battle Mod, please do not use it for battling in Battle Mod.
It's a blast from the past! SSNMighty! With his amazing sprites and outstanding abilities!
srb20353.png

Abilities:
  • The Hammer Drop: Double jump to slam into the ground cancelling out your momentum, allowing you to destroy spikes and bust out breakable floors to explore!
  • Hard Shell: Makes you protected against projectiles and against spikes if hit once by them!

Changelog:
v2.2.2:
- SSNMighty no longer supports Battle Mod (god i don't even use it anyway)

v2.2.1:
- Added support for Dirk (frozen sprites)

v2.2:
- New CSS art for character select
- More information in character select
- Battle mod support
- Bug fixes:
* Fixed Mighty being able to spam the hammerdrop sound in the goop
* Fixed Mighty still being spinning after bouncing off spikes
* Fixed Mighty clinging into walls even if you finished the level

v2.1:
- Now Mighty is protected against Robo-Hood's arrows
- Walljumping
- Powerspring now happens when you hammer drop into springs
- Mighty now bounces off the floor if you hammerdrop into the floor

v2: Initial release

Special thanks to:
- Monster Iestyn: for letting me use his 2.0 Mighty sprites (I've drew a few that are necessary)
- Emong: for me using a little of MightyMania lua (projectile deflection, reusable content)
- Tripel the fox: for me using their Mighty Walljump lua (reusable content)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20295.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,978
  • srb20299.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,970
  • srb20297.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 2,333
  • srb20298.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,163
  • VCL_SSNMighty-v2-2-2.pk3
    175.6 KB · Views: 30,434
Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly a much better port than the last one, with his Mania abilities too. Welcome to releases!

It doesn't seem like the projectile protection is functioning properly because I'm pretty sure Robo-Hood's arrows should count as a projectile. And I'm pretty sure in Mania you get protected from projectiles as long as you're in a ball while you get hit.
srb20023.gif

Last edited:
Cool character, finally somebody used that sprite sheet for something that isn't a wall jump, gonna try him later
Also by the way, where did the extra sprites go to?

Update v2.1!
- Now Mighty is protected against Robo-Hood's arrows
- Walljumping
- Powerspring now happens when you hammer drop into springs
- Mighty now bounces off the floor if you hammerdrop into the floor

Things I would like to see with Mighty

- Hammer Drop's bounce keeping Mighty curled, the bounce going slightly lower, and also cutting momentum greatly instead of completely deleting it.

I'm thinking of other uses for Mighty, such as his hammer drop being able to bounce him if he uses it on a monitor or badnick, but maaaaybe not.

I would like Mighty to be able to jump up a wall, maybe it'd use a different input than Mighty jumping away from the wall. The walljump's height gain seems to be inconsistent, sometimes the jump is low, and other times it's high.
Wall Cling isn't affected by the treadmills like Knuckles is, maaaybe Mighty could get into Knuckles paths with a spin? Basically, Mighty would jump up instead of away from a wall like he could in Mighty in Sonic 1 at least, if he couldn't in Knuckles Chaotix.

IDEA_START
This idea might not get in, but i'd like some way for Mighty to be able to use an alternate version of the Hammer Drop. I suggest a Hammer Bounce, which would basically be the same as the Hammer Drop, but if you hold forward you will bounce in that direction, of course the Hammer Bounce would actually make you go like 1.75x higher than your jump height, not too much though to keep it balanced. Anyway, I'd think to make this move quite useful, is that it goes higher if you use it on elevation. Lets say you are on a platform very high above ground, and then you use hammer drop and go all the way to the floor, you will bounce very high. If you do not hold a direction you will go nowhere.

It goes with the theme that Mighty's surroundings help him alot. It'd also be a very fun ability in certain scenarios where Mighty has the high ground. Again I think the Bounce would help Mighty get to places and stuff. It also makes Mighty harder to use than Sonic, but still very very good for skilled players who know where the best place to use it is.
It'd also be different from Motd's "Sonic Lost World Bounce" (a move that I really like), or the "Bound Jump" or Bounce you can do in Sonic Adventure 2 (~~and 06~~), and Sonic Advance 2's one just kinda goes nowhere... basically Mighty's Hammer Drop in terms of what it does.

IDEA_END

Last edited:
Mighty's hammer drop doesn't work on FOFs I think, that and the wall jump could maybe be re-analyzed to be less finicky. Also can you edit the continue sprite to look slightly more like Mighty? I made some very small changes to make it more accurate to the sprite (with the black legs, and the shell being slightly thicker... not that it needs that) So yeah.
BTW Mighty's continue thing is XTRAC0 I believe.

Attachments

• mity.png
    mity.png
    880 bytes · Views: 13,607
  • mity2 lol.png
    mity2 lol.png
    917 bytes · Views: 13,504
The walljump should really be mapped to spin, i keep activating it when i just wanna hammer drop by accident.

v2.2:
- Battle mod support
- Bug fixes:

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

By the way, thanks for the support guys!
gg71

MAN553 i CAN SEE YOU

im on your game

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

v2.2:
- Battle mod support
- Bug fixes:

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

gg71
Thx for my name

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

v2.2:
- Battle mod support
- Bug fixes:

gg71
CAN U spam jump

Forgot to add something in v2.2, sorry for the quick patch.

v2.2.1 now adds support for Dirk (frozen sprites)

SO uh... this happened.

Also, the Hammer Drop's attack radius should not hit people in the air. If anything is above you the hammer drop's ground attack should not hurt it.

Attachments

• srb20224.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 540
Maybe look at all the other colors of Mighty and see which one fits him the best. In my opinion Flame looks the best on Mighty, so I suggest making his default color Flame.

Mighty's continue and end sign sprites does have a pretty big head
Did you just start drawing from the tip of the Sonic's quill?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back