This is a pretty cool mod, and when I saw it I had to get it. I tried installing it by downloading it (I have Windows 10), going to my downloads, and extracting it to the "addons" folder in the SRB2 folder. However, the mod wanted to replace a ton of stuff, and even though I let it, I wasn't able to use it in game. Can anyone help me with installing it? (I deleted the mod completely from my computer and SRB2 folder)

Don't extract it. The mod is a pk3 file. You're just supposed to open it in the game as it is when you install it. If it's asking you to replace files, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Issues solved

Don't extract it. The mod is a pk3 file. You're just supposed to open it in the game as it is when you install it. If it's asking you to replace files, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Thanks a lot! I’ll just download it and move it to the addons folder.

:thinking:
attachment.php

The new lazers in 2.2.3 are broken by modern 'snocs lazer wisp.

Attachments

• srb20080.gif
    srb20080.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 4,743
posted this in the wrong release with the wrong character, this time is right
ahem... anyways, with 2.2.3 being a thing, this is now a thing (first gif)
i also found another "bug" in wich Sonic can walljump to Eggman after hitting him (second gif)

Attachments

• srb20288.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 240
  • srb20291.gif
    5 MB · Views: 254
Sending this question again so you can answer it

Can I use your Modern Sonic for a Project? I'm trying to remake Sonic Unleashed in SRB2! I will credit you if it is in my Project!

Can I use your Modern Sonic for a Project? I'm trying to remake Sonic Unleashed in SRB2! I will credit you if it is in my Project!
What kind of remake would it be? A level pack? You can make it so the player had to load Werehog and Modern to make it work. I'm interested in this project so if you have a thread I'll check it.

What kind of remake would it be? A level pack? You can make it so the player had to load Werehog and Modern to make it work. I'm interested in this project so if you have a thread I'll check it.

I did not expect you to answer! But yeah it's my first SRB2 mod project, so i'm still not really a pro in Level Design but it's worth a try! Also I might never be that good in Level Design because for some reason I just can't add Slopes or Water or even Floating Platforms! Anyway, I already asked Zero the Artificial if I can use the Werehog, and the answer was a yes (of course only if I credit the person that made the addon)! So now the werehog is in my project! I just want MotdSpork to at least answer anything!

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

By the way I just checked and Zero actually said "As long as you credit me, sure! Good luck with your project!"

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Oh I just saw the creator of the Modern Sonic addon was last online at April!

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

By the way if I mean i'll remake Sonic Unleashed I mean of course the Wii\Ps2 Version! I don't really know the Level Order of the Xbox\Ps3 Version! And also i always use 3D Models in SRB2 so i think this Modern Sonic would anyway fit better to a Remake of the Wii\Ps2 Version of Sonic Unleashed (because this Model looks like it's based of the Adventure Model and the Xbox\Ps3 Version has the new Modern Sonic that's always being used for Games after Sonic Unleashed and the Wii\Ps2 Version has one that looks similar to the SA2 Sonic without the Upgrades)!

I did not expect you to answer! But yeah it's my first SRB2 mod project, so i'm still not really a pro in Level Design but it's worth a try! Also I might never be that good in Level Design because for some reason I just can't add Slopes or Water or even Floating Platforms! Anyway, I already asked Zero the Artificial if I can use the Werehog, and the answer was a yes (of course only if I credit the person that made the addon)! So now the werehog is in my project! I just want MotdSpork to at least answer anything!

By the way if I mean i'll remake Sonic Unleashed I mean of course the Wii\Ps2 Version! I don't really know the Level Order of the Xbox\Ps3 Version! And also i always use 3D Models in SRB2 so i think this Modern Sonic would anyway fit better to a Remake of the Wii\Ps2 Version of Sonic Unleashed (because this Model looks like it's based of the Adventure Model and the Xbox\Ps3 Version has the new Modern Sonic that's always being used for Games after Sonic Unleashed and the Wii\Ps2 Version has one that looks similar to the SA2 Sonic without the Upgrades)!
Just keep in mind that porting an entire Sonic game is a huge task to do. If you manage to just make Windmill Isle or Rooftop Run it would already be a good thing. We should go back to the thread's main subject.

I can see uses for quickstep still, it's still a decent correction tool to perfectly adjust yourself to a certain distance while keeping your direction.

But yeah theres not many situations that need it in SRB2 and there aren't any more buttons for it anyway

It could be used with custom 2 while not too close to rings. Like with SMS, you'd press c2 and tap the left or right button to quickstep in said direction. Or maybe the drift move instead.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but I'd rather it not be used.

Edit: I will get around to updating Modern to fix whatever the hell happened with 2.2.3. I haven't been on SRB2 much recently so I wasn't even aware of this issue until about a day ago.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather it not be used.

Edit: I will get around to updating Modern to fix whatever the hell happened with 2.2.3. I haven't been on SRB2 much recently so I wasn't even aware of this issue until about a day ago.

Oh! Ok then! I'll guess i'll use Classic Sonic! But that's ok! The Werehog was anyway more important!

A bit of an annoying bug: boosting (and potentially other abilities, but I haven't tested those) does not get reset when you restart a level. This is particularly annoying in record attack, sometimes you'll just start the level immediately boosting.

have you thought about making modern tails and knuckles tails could have tail swipe dummy ring bomb and of course flight and for knuckles punching digging and of course gliding and climbing hope you like the idea

i said
Have you thought about making Modern Tails and Knuckles? Tails could have tail swipe, dummy ring bomb and of course flight. For knuckles punching, digging and of course gliding and climbing hope you like the idea!

user_online.gif

It's clear you're making this a demand at this point. It's also clear nobody cares about your ideas. Cut it out.

Here's a random idea

TRICKS

You'd perform tricks by pressing toss flag after boinging off of a spring. You can perform up to 5 total very gnarly tricks, the final one being that charming SA1 pose Sonic does on the box art of said game. Using tricks, you can fill your boost meter up and go past the boost limit, similar to Generations. If possible, limit the amount of times you can do tricks on each spring or other stuff like the ACZ tornados.

You must not know.

Modern resprite is very close to completion (I predict it will be released within the week).

And guess what it has? Literally, exactly what you just described. Even with the SA1 pose at the end.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back