This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Sharb

attachment.php

Download

Ever wanted to travel from Tucson, Arizona, to Las Vegas, Nevada for 8 hours straight but with sonic the hedgehog?
No? Too bad here's a co-op map version of desert bus!

Here's just some of the features you can expect to see when you play SRB2 Bus with friends

• Sit on the drivers seat for 8 hours, falling off will wind back your time
  • Experience what it's like to have a wobbly chair that's constantly unstable and sliding you off of it
  • Watch at least 2 cactus's at a time.
  • Drive in a straight line
But that's not all this map supports multiplayer! Gather your friends and you can do amazing things such as

• Sit
  • Annoy the bus driver
  • Watch the bus drive past you
  • Run with the bus
  • Sit on the roof
  • fruitlessly try to escape the bus, it is useless no matter how far you run it will appear in front of you, there is no escape, only bus.
  • sit in the back

Have fun!

attachment.php

I want to thank fickle for technical help, Tina, Crepe, CodenameGamma and Arrietty for additional support and suggestions.

Feedback is appreciated.

change log
- moved win trigger to prevent suicide players from finishing the level
- line def triggers have been moved further out of bounds to prevent camera clipping
- New timer system has been created, the bus no longer rewinds time if you stop, you just need to sit on the chair for 8 hours
- A visual hour counter has been added to the bus, no more relying on the in game "TIME" to know if you've been driving for 8 hours. Increase the tension by blocking the clock!

Attachments

• Bus.png
    Bus.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 16,850
  • DessertBus.png
    DessertBus.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 16,140
  • VS_SRB2BUS-v1.pk3
    206.3 KB · Views: 823
  • VS_SRB2BUS-v1.2.pk3
    206.3 KB · Views: 605
  • VS_SRB2BUS-v1.3.pk3
    218.2 KB · Views: 5,211
Last edited:
So uh... a guy named June Sai hosted this map and... there was 22 players on it, D00D64 and Lat' was even on the server, if both of they weren't fake.

Very happy with this. Having a grand time in splitscreen trying to keep an unconscious Tails in the driver's seat. It's like Penn and Teller meets Weekend at Bernie's.

Hot fix:
there was a small error that allowed player who commited suicide to complete the level, all I did was move the win hit box so that you can't reach it anymore.
I also moved the lindef functions further away so the camera doesn't clip into them anymore

Oh boy, I can't wait to join a server and fight someone over a seat in the back of the bus like I'm back in high school.

We hosted this map last night, about 5 hours of a server filled with brim with people, around 28 people, and even some of the modding scene people and one of the developers like Lat' and D00D64 joined at some point, we took a lot of photos and it was honestly such a good night, I'd say the best fun I've had in SRB2

D8BRFwy.png

2.2 sure seems promising so far.

Well.. Let's just say it's quite a relaxing ride...
For some reason whoever is in the driver's seat will slowly slide to the left even if the bus itself is not moving..

Well.. Let's just say it's quite a relaxing ride...
For some reason whoever is in the driver's seat will slowly slide to the left even if the bus itself is not moving..

I think you didn't read the description at all.

we hosted this map last night, about 5 hours of a server filled with brim with people, around 28 people, and even some of the modding scene people and one of the developers like lat' and d00d64 joined at some point, we took a lot of photos and it was honestly such a good night, i'd say the best fun i've had in srb2
I can confirm I was there.
srb20202.gif

V1.3

Update

Got to witness this on a server and saw that the timer went over 8 hours like I feared, so I went in and created a new timer system that's a lot more reliable then the last release.

With this new update comes a new feature.

AN HOUR CLOCK
attachment.php

Also I am absolutely in love with all the fun stuff I've seen people do thank you all for the support.
This won't be the last update, but I'm going to be putting everything on hold until I can finish my prop hunt game mode. After that I might have some more exciting fun stuff for this.

Attachments

• srb20177.gif
    srb20177.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 8,959

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back