SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

The CyberDime Realm (Virtual Simplicity) Details »»
The CyberDime Realm (Virtual Simplicity)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (28 votes - 3.50 average)
Released: 01-29-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 14
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Hello. So The CyberDime Realm is essentially a big solo project of mine that i started back in the middle of 2018, and is a sort of simple but a very large collection of levels that i have been gradually adding and expanding on to. They aren't too terribly organised so the overall challenge factor greatly varies. All the extra characters unlocked from the main game can be played here right from the start.

Now believe it or not, but this thing has a story! Big props to my friend LightSpeedAngel for originally making this.
Spoiler:
After fighting Brak Eggman in Egg Rock, Sonic & the gang safely escape from the crumbling space station
via escape capsule but...as they began to approach the planets surface, a strange beam of light emerges from the nearby
monitor that proceeded to blind the gang.
Next thing they noticed was that they were on a...beach?, it was unusually quiet. The capsule was mysteriously
nowhere to be found. But the gang quickly press on forwards.
they suddenly find themselves strangely teleported in to what appears to be Green Hill but at sunrise.
As the gang presses forward they start to see some faint but strange distortions in the land.
From familar locations to cold mountains to barren wastelands, deserts and even a abandoned city...It all just seems so...
unnatural.
It's almost as if this world isnt real...

Credits for all the reusable content.
Spoiler:
  • Wrecking Ball & The Cut ERZ3 Bosses by FuriousFox
  • Egg Frostburn port by Deus
  • Lat for the AMT Crawla
    (As of 1.4 That Azazel Fire for making new sprites for this)
  • All Super LUA by Aquatic Akito
  • TehRealSalt for the Game Gear Capsules
  • Sonic1983 for porting and updating the old Eggscalibur
  • And a very big thank you to all my friends for helping with ideas and playtesting this with me

Changelog
Spoiler:

V1.0:
Initial release

V1.1:
  • Green Hill, Bridge, Marble & Hidden Palace Zone are no longer in the level rotation, (though you can still pick them from the level select.)
  • Marble Zone's enemy count has been reduce by a tiny amount.
  • The first checkpoint in Marble 2 has also been moved forward a bit, so you shouldn't get stuck in the doorway anymore.
  • Most of the "Leaps of faith" have removed and replaced with something less confusing.
  • A very small amount of decorative details added to a few of the levels.
  • Some minor texture changes to Shoal Coast.

V1.2:
  • You can now unlock and play Record attack.
  • Ring, Time & Score Emblems have been appropiately added for it aswell.
  • Updated a bunch of old level select pics. (Honestly alot of them were extremely outdated and garbage, didn't reflect the current state of the level very well)
  • Custom boss music has been added in. (Only for eggman as of right now.)
  • Shoal Coast has had more texture changes.
  • The slope at the end of the level has been replaced and made way less arbitrary.
  • Some more texture changes in a few other levels to be slightly less clashing.
  • The classic levels have all been moved and given their own category now.
  • Marble Zone's enemy count has been cut down again, this time to reduce the local Robo-Hood population.
  • All but a select few of the "leaps of faith" are gone.
  • Nightlight Gully & Terrance Trees have undergone theme changes.
  • Certain sections of Chilly Cliffs has been merged into Shrewd Blizzard, (mainly for act 2) meaning there is only one snow level now.
  • Barren Valley has been completely gutted from the mod now.
  • Shrewd Blizzard, Terrance Trees (Now Mountain), Molten Tunnels & Dark Woods (rip Robohood) have different bosses now.
  • Players now start most of the boss acts with 5 rings.
  • Added some TNT barrels to fang's arena to make the fight slightly more entertaining.
  • Fixed a potential softlock in Cyberdime 3.
  • Cyberdime Zone now has a different sky.
  • And many other tweaks that i'm not going to list here. Both in level design and a bunch of minor things.
  • Also updated the credits list.

V1.2.1:
  • Bug fixes.

V1.2.2:
  • Fixed the old Eggscalibur's LUA causing lag in multiplayer.

V1.3:
  • All 3 acts of Dry Gulch have almost been completely reworked. Act 1 is mostly a drastic overhaul, still featuring some old
    familiar areas mixed in with new ones where as Act 2 & 3 is remade entirely. And now has a bigger emphasis on the Desert Temple theme.
  • As part of the second wave of aesthetic upgrades, Desolated City has gone under a bit of a paint job, many of the buildings are
    now sporting different colours, and added a small amount of decorative destruction to the level..
  • Techno Trouble has also undergone a partial theme change. Now called Amaranthine Outpost.
  • Barren Valley returns (and is now called Timeless Wastes) and has been heavily overhauled, all 3 acts have now been merged
    into one level & is sporting some small changes in the level design and many, many decorative details added. Oh and the music has
    been changed aswell. (Unlockable Level)
  • Terrance Trees also returns and has also been merged into a single act (except for act 3), aswell as a few small similar changes
    to it's spookier counterpart. (Also Unlockable)
  • All of the classic levels have been removed from the mod, but they will return in some other fashion.
  • Added in new music for a bunch of levels.
  • Added in some short sections for Fang for the parts he gets stuck/softlocked in Shrewd Blizzard 1 & Terrance Mountain 2.
  • Updated some of the level select pics again.
  • Way too many more texture changes. (are you seeing a pattern here?)
  • And of course a bunch of minor other fixed stuff that i'm not listing here.

V1.3.1:
  • Another bug fix update.

V1.3.2:
  • Even more bugs fixed!
  • Added custom music to Dark Woods 2.
  • Updated the Greenflower section in Cyberdime 1 to feature the 2.2 version now.

V1.4:
  • Overhauled a bunch of levels, some more heavily than others:
  • Added a skybox to Shoal Coast Zone

Sunrise Uplands:
  • Act 1 has been massively overhauled, sporting several areas redone and a ton more new areas added in, the level has also been extended a bit.
  • (Act 2 will recieve its fair share of changes in the next update)

Shrewd Blizzard 2:
  • Altered a few paths a bit in a attempt to make the level less confusing to navigate.

Nightlight Gully:
  • The entire Zone now has a global colourmap.

Dark Woods 2:
  • Altered the level design in a few spots to hopefully make the level a little less difficult to navigate.

Cyberdime Zone:
  • Added some small decorative details in for act 2.
  • Finally added in the missing rvz and erz sections for act 3.
  • Remade the final boss's arena. (And gave him a new theme too.)
  • Updated the AMT Crawla sprites (thanks That Azazel Fire for making them)
  • Updated the old Eggscalibur again (thanks to Sonic1983 for porting and updating this thing)
  • Fixed the title screen map using the wrong sky. (oh god how did i overlook this for so long)
  • And of course the usual fare of a ton of minor changes not worth listing here and
    bug fixes because i apparently don't test my levels enough

V1.4.1:
  • I did a big bruh moment and broke the special stages somewhat, they should be fixed now
  • For the time being until it gets remade, i have decided to gut the entirety of Dark Woods Zone for the mod since i feel like in its current state is a irredeemable mess.
  • Restored the old eggscalibur to Molten Tunnels 3 and remade the arena to accompany it.

List of music used in the mod i've been meaning to add back in

Spoiler:
Character & Level Select Theme: i chill you (Mod Archive)
Sunrise Uplands 2: A Rose of Gold: DRAX (Mod Archive)
Shrewd Blizzard 1: Sonic After the Sequel: Parhelion Peak Act 3
Shrewd Blizzard 2: Sonic Unleashed: Cool Edge Night
Nightlight Gully: Sonic CD: Sonic Boom Instrumental Ending Version
Terrance Mountain 1: Malfunctioning Ghost (Mod Archive)
Terrance Mountain 2: Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2: Itachi's Theme
Molten Tunnels 2: Sonic Unleashed: Crimson Carnival Night
Amaranthine Outpost 2: Spark the Electric Jester 2: Floria Plant
Dry Gulch 1: Stock RPG Maker VX Ace Music
Dry Gulch 2: Desert Highway (Mod Archive)
Desolated City 1: City Nights (Mod Archive)
Desolated City 2: Pokemon Reborn: Onxy Ward
Cyberdime 1: flexible (Mod Archive)
Cyberdime 2: tooth paste 2 (Mod Archive)
Cyberdime 3: digital azimuth 2 (Mod Archive)
Terrance Trees:
Sonic After the Sequel: Foliage Furnace Act 1
Sonic After the Sequel: Horizon Heights Act 2
Timeless Wastes:
Oneshot: Phosphor
Eggman Boss Fights: Sonic 3D Blast Saturn Boss Theme
Metal Sonic: the dark half (Mod Archive)

Download Now

File Type: pk3 VSL_CyberDimeRealm-v1.4.1.pk3 (23.76 MB, 2271 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20010.jpg
Views:	2569
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	26004   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20017.jpg
Views:	961
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	26007   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20022.jpg
Views:	1468
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	26010   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20023.jpg
Views:	1440
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	26011   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20027.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	29213  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20016.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	32322   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20037.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	35898   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20049.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	35899  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-04-2020   #82
Zeno
i make stuff sometimes

Another minor update, check the changelog
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020   #83
Silver Sonic
ジャヒー様

I played through this the last 2 days. And I am seriously impressed.

I didn't expect to find this level of creativity, detail, quality and fun in a level pack this huge! Thank you for all the effort and time you must have put into this, it blew my mind.
Silver Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020   #84
Dabir
Nitpicker

I put off playing this for ages because I thought the name was kind of dumb, but I finally went through it over the last few days and wow, this is mostly really good! The bosses are the worst. Just the absolute worst, my god. Not one of them is any fun to fight, aside from the two that are just ripped from the regular game and put in a slightly different arena. I haven't finished the final boss legitimately, congrats on making noted terrible boss Brak Eggman even worse somehow.

But on the good side, all the levels are well put-together! I pretty much never got lost, although I didn't bother exploring much, which I can't say for even a lot of the levels in the base game. I'm not very good at judging what I like, but I can tell you that I'm very good at pointing out things I don't like, and I saw hardly anything I didn't like in these levels. Wasn't the biggest fan of the sand slide in Dry Gulch 2 that can run you into a spike wall kind of blind, but that's a tiny thing.
Dabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020   #85
PrincessPeachfan2017
Kasumi-chan

Ok, after a small playthrough with Donnyku's Amy, (character quite hard to beat certain levels) This was a blast! The levels have a lot of creativity in their design, they all feel fun and fresh, especially how character-friendly it is, Mostly alot of add-on characters can get past it with no trouble, even the slower ones that can't spin, forexample. (Donny's Amy)
It was a pretty cool experience, no doubt!
Keep up the great work, this really is a nice pack.

Last edited by PrincessPeachfan2017; 06-14-2020 at 04:47 AM.
PrincessPeachfan2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020   #86
rocklight124
You should train some more

where did the classic levels go.
Old 06-14-2020   #87
Zeno
i make stuff sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklight124 View Post
where did the classic levels go.

They're in a separate wad now, i just haven't gotten around to posting it yet (been very occupied with working on updates and playing other games recently)
Old 06-14-2020   #88
rocklight124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
They're in a separate wad now, i just haven't gotten around to posting it yet (been very occupied with working on updates and playing other games recently)
Thanks. I love those Levels, but Take your time. I was just wondering where it went.
Old 06-24-2020   #89
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

I just played through v1.3.2, and I've got to say. I'm very happy to see the changes that were made to the pack! The level design adjustments went a long way to iron out the problems I had with some of the design choices before, and I greatly appreciate the theme changing in a few levels to help differentiate some of the zones from each other. Thanks for putting in the time in to keep updating after release!
Old 07-03-2020   #90
tropluckyfr

for me this level pack is the first thing i never seen in this game and theres only ONE thing i noticed when playing this level pack online...this level pack is very punitive to laggy player.Like i died a lot because of my input lag online and it destroyed the magic,exept that detail this level pack did grown very well and i will keep loving it
Old 07-03-2020   #91
VILEWORX
Just call me Vile

Went through to try and perfect everything, but I realised that it's impossible on these levels:

Shrewd Blizzard 1
Amaranthine Outpost 1
Desolate City 2
Desolate City 3

Last edited by VILEWORX; 07-04-2020 at 07:08 PM.
VILEWORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020   #92
Werewolfiewoo

Is it possible someone could make a Emerald Token Guide for The CyberDime Realm (Virtual Simplicity)? I've played this over and over again and I can never find 7 tokens to get to the MP Special Stages to get to the Chaos Emeralds.
Werewolfiewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020   #93
Scoobert
Mr. Rule 17

I really can't bring myself to enjoy this level pack. It's obvious you have a decent degree of skill using ZB, but these levels are... nothing. It seems your definition of challenge is:
-Rows of spikes, not raised, requiring nothing but jumping
-Simplistic platforming challenges with no pits or spikes at the bottom, resulting in little consequence for failure
-enemies put in wide, open, boring, and flat areas where they pose no threat to a player who knows how to move left and right
I'm 3 zones in, and never have I run into an actual challenge. I died only once, and that's because I tried to rush an underwater section. "Simplicity" Does, indeed, describe this well, and not in a good way.
Old 07-16-2020   #94
Velvet
Why hello there ~♥

The level design is extremely terrible. It's not intuitive at all nor does it resemble the structure of a Sonic game. some good foundations are there but meh it's a nightmare to play.

~7779311
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020   #95
rocklight124

I don't think you guys know what he was aiming for when he made this level pack. Putting a bunch of death pits everywhere isn't hard, it's just stupid. The punishment for failure shouldn't be death, because it doesn't allow the player to learn. It just kills them and destroys their self confidence.

Last edited by rocklight124; 07-18-2020 at 01:55 PM.
rocklight124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020   #96
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklight124 View Post
I don't think you guys know what he was aiming for when he made this level pack. Putting a bunch of death pits everywhere isn't hard, it's just stupid. The punishment for failure shouldn't be death, because it doesn't allow the player to learn. It just kills them and destroys their self confidence.
I mean weren't older game from the time the first two Sonic game came out like that?

I know that SRB2 works differently but learning the level and having quick reflexes can help bypass those problems (and pits)
Old 07-18-2020   #97
rocklight124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I mean weren't older game from the time the first two Sonic game came out like that?

I know that SRB2 works differently but learning the level and having quick reflexes can help bypass those problems (and pits)

I'm very good at this game, but i don't like level packs that put death pits everywhere. It's not hard. It just kills the player for making one simple mistake. A lot of people think that placing death pits and spikes everywhere makes a level hard, but it doesn't. There is a reason why Sonic CD and 3K didn't put pits and spikes everywhere, because it's not good level design. For example Sonic Adventure 2 has death pits everywhere, but that doesn't make it hard. Sega went to far with putting death pits everywhere in SA2. That's one reason I like Sonic Unleashed so much, because there aren't many death pits. Not including Werehog stages. Sonic Adventure didn't go to far with the amount of death pits, but Sonic Heroes did. Sonic Generations has very little death pits. I like Sonic Games that can make a level hard with out putting a bunch of death pits everywhere. Hard does not make a stage good. I thinks this level pack has Way past cool level design.

Last edited by rocklight124; 07-18-2020 at 03:52 PM.
rocklight124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020   #98
Jrunner100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Well you'll be pleased to know i have added in a list of most of the music used in this. I only linked the MOD Modules though
Where can I find the music?
Jrunner100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020   #99
Zeno
i make stuff sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunner100 View Post
Where can I find the music?

I've just readded the list of the music to the page, although i'm not providing any links since if you want to listen to them yourself you'll have to look them up
Old 07-29-2020   #100
Zeno
i make stuff sometimes

Bumping the thread to say that the mod has once again been updated again! Read the changelog for details
Old 07-29-2020   #101
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Love the work you've done with this pack, it has come a long way since the first release.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote