SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Levels

Nova Pack v1.2.2 (Shrink Hotfix) Details »»
Nova Pack v1.2.2 (Shrink Hotfix)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (2 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 04-01-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 4
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

I honestly wanted to wait to make a pack until I made more maps, but I've been busy and unable to as of late. So for now this is a WIP Map Pack with more maps to come in the future!

Quote:
Deep Glacial
Click image for larger version

Name:	GlacialThumbnail.png
Views:	190
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	29131

A 4 Lap Map with Black Ice (just looks black) and a lovely dark aesthetic, full of shortcuts and possible shenanigans to boot!

Based on Glacial Strata from Deep Rock Galactic.

Deep Glacial Changelog
Spoiler:
v1.1 (Deep Glacial 1.8)
-Changed the double U-turn to be bigger
-Changed angle of shortcut at x2 U-turn to head straight onto the road, making it easier to use
-Changed position of Item Boxes slightly and angle
-Increased amount of Item Boxes at x2 U-turn

v1.2 (Deep Glacial 1.9)
-extended offroad in beginning of tunnel for better sightline
-added brighter texture to 2nd top path of tunnel
-extended snow in double u-turn for better visibility + control
-reduced number of item boxes in double u-turn for better visibility on normal path
-added Sneaker Panel to isolation zone
-removed inner deathpit on final turn, turned it to offroad for better visibility and extra shortcut
-added edge lines for the black ice for visibility
-all heat pits now look more like they are red spring panels
-slightly altered some ice walls that had some untextured textures popping out

Salt Quarantine

Name:	SaltThumbnail.png
Views:	160
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	29132

A 2 Lap Map with falling stalactites, breakable floors and pressure sensitive boost pads, a fairly simple map with some dynamic possibilites between racers!

Based on Salt Pits from Deep Rock Galactic.

Salt Quarantine Changelog
Spoiler:
v1.1 (Salt v1.2)
-Added Sound Effects for the triple boost hallway to better show that they're like buttoms rather than timed
-Added Sound Effects to the Stalactites trigger, so you know something happens when you drive over it.
-Changed texture of the translucent floor to something slightly more complex
-All pure red spikes are now a different texture

v1.2 (Salt v1.3)
-all crystals in the triple boost hallway are now straight up instead of angled, it was too easy to get stuck in them
-some slanted ceilings now have invisible walls near the portions where you could get stuck
--so instead of getting stuck at those same portions, you just bonk instead
--invisible walls are indicted by slightly darker ground
--Growth can still get stuck, so be careful and give yourself extra space when passing under slants!

-Final hallway springs have been given ramps and the ramps direct you to where the next spring ramp is.
-adjusted last item placement to be sooner so you don't have to spam items to do the shortcut in the final hallway
-added edges to the sandpits for visibility

v1.2.2 (Salt v1.3.2)*New
-Offroad was missing from the big middle sand pile, causing respawn shenanigans with KartMP, added offroad there.

Golden Passage - WL4

Name:	GoldenThumbnail.png
Views:	71
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	32623

8 Laps of frantic racing that puts your driving to the test! Once you hear that: "Hu-hu-hu HURRY UP!!!" (21 seconds in game) all boosters become active on the map and the real race begins.

Special Thanks to LatiusAuro for making a Wario Land 4 Hud work with Daytona!

Golden Passage Changelog
Spoiler:

v1.2 Nova / v1.1 Golden Passage
-Extended/changed bottom path to be slower, the path used to be the easier path to take + faster
--removed springs and deathpit
--moved boost panel back to make players work more for that speed

-changed shortcut textures, removed that awkward cubby underneath the shortcut and added a waterfall
-fixed shortcut, now you can take it with chao star at full speed on normal
-removed little offroad bit in shortcut that people were using to mow the shortcut with
-fixed a cursed water section that wouldn't flow in the right direction
-Thok barrier didn't have a deathpit, multiple found out... fixed that
-added some arrows to the last turn to match the first turn aesthetically
-added a texture near the beginning under the spikeballs to better what you need to avoid

v1.2.2 Nova / v1.1.2 Golden Passage *New
-Fixed Bottom route being impassable at the end due to a fof acting as a wall when under the effects of shrink instead of as a stair.

All maps from this pack will be available to be downloaded individually.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KR_DeepGlacial-v1.9.pk3 (2.26 MB, 77 views)
File Type: pk3 KR_NovaPack-v1.2.2.pk3 (8.56 MB, 116 views)
File Type: pk3 KR_SaltQuarantine-v1.3.2.pk3 (3.05 MB, 35 views)
File Type: pk3 KR_GoldenPassage-v1.1.2.pk3 (3.27 MB, 46 views)

Screenshots

Name:	kart0018.gif
Views:	108
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	29059   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0019.gif
Views:	110
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	29060   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0028.gif
Views:	91
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	29061   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0030.gif
Views:	102
Size:	5.15 MB
ID:	29062   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0043.gif
Views:	135
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	32620  

Name:	kart0052.gif
Views:	111
Size:	4.90 MB
ID:	32621  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-03-2020   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020   #3
Lightsideluc

Salt Quarantine is a really nifty track. The stark White-Red-Black colours are really striking, it has some nifty cuts that feel like they're a natural part of the course, and the clever use of the salt stalagmites falling when you drive over them is a great addition.
Old 06-03-2020   #4
Novaphyer

New update! v1.1 Adds the final level from Wario Land 4, Golden Passage! As well as improving both Deep Glacial and Salt Quarantine!
Novaphyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020   #5
Novaphyer

New update! v1.2 is a bunch of QoL and Map Improvements that I've been tinkering with my older maps, this includes adding edges to the Black Ice in Deep Glacial, Adding ramps to the end of Salt Quarantine, and altering the bottom path of Golden Passage!

Honestly, I wanted to get my new map in on this update, but I keep fiddling with it and I don't think it's in a good enough state I want to release it yet. It comes down to staying above 60 fps reliably, which is a problem I didn't realize my maps had in Birdhouse software. I originally made my maps in base game 35 fps cap, but as of recent, I've been using the uncapped FPS build, and it bothers me how it isn't consistent. My goal for next update is to optimize Golden Passage and Salt Quarantine to have better/consistent FPS in certain areas.
Old 08-16-2020   #6
JugadorXEI

Hey man, love your stuff, keep it coming. I'm not afraid to say I've done a 50-lap SPB Attack run on Golden Passage because the song is a banger and the level is a personal favourite of mine.

This is kind of a really edge case and a mod-only interaction, but in Salt Quarantine, would you consider making the salt piles in this shortcut offroad (see gif)? KartMP considers them possible spawnpoints for its respawn system and then players kinda just die again if they fail the shortcut.

It's a great level otherwise, though! I hope you consider it.

Last edited by JugadorXEI; 08-16-2020 at 10:39 PM. Reason: weird spacing, I don't even know why that happened
JugadorXEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
Novaphyer

Very quick Hotfix, with the re-introduction of Shrink, it brought to light a very interesting issue in Golden Passage. I had made a small floating fof with a grate midtexture in front of it to make it look like a sewer drain. Turns out, that when under the effects of Shrink, you can climb the same height normally from stairs as normal, but your hitbox is lowered, meaning new things can act as ceilings when normally, you would just drive over them.

TL;DR Bottom Path of Golden Passage was impassable due to fof shenanigans while shrunk, but i fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugadorXEI View Post
Hey man, love your stuff, keep it coming. I'm not afraid to say I've done a 50-lap SPB Attack run on Golden Passage because the song is a banger and the level is a personal favourite of mine.

This is kind of a really edge case and a mod-only interaction, but in Salt Quarantine, would you consider making the salt piles in this shortcut offroad (see gif)? KartMP considers them possible spawnpoints for its respawn system and then players kinda just die again if they fail the shortcut.

It's a great level otherwise, though! I hope you consider it.
I could've sworn that the sand piles were already offroad, but I guess I was mistaken. I fixed it!
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
Lightsideluc

So, to start, these maps are all really cool. I love how the salt pillars drop when you drive over them.

Salt Quarantine is simultaneously the one I like the most and have the most issues with. For starters, the pit cut in the gifs posted earlier is a noob trap since it looks like you could take it with a single shoe, but the end has the gap that makes it impossible, meaning you slowly drive to the end just to die. I'm fairly certain that it's not necessary for balancing, so why there's a final middle finger waiting for people experimenting is beyond me. If you're worried about linedef riding, I'm fairly certain the pouring salt cutting into path and salt pile solves that anyways.

Also, it's annoyingly easy to try to cut through the inside edges of the red crystal turns at the end and get lodged underneath them, which really sucks. Might I suggest making them breakable at those points so that way they still slow people down, but aren't a race-ender if you get a little too bold?