Werehog update 1.1 is live! Thank you for your feedback, hope you enjoy these qol fixes.

Check the changelog in the OP.

What is the were-spin supposed to be inspired off of? I kinda just expected a horizontal slash. (Or double-slash if you can implement it, sorta like the double hammer move from Sonic Advance)

I have to say, the spritework and coding on this project is absolutely phenomenal. This is a job well done.

Also why does werehog's claw attack make him bounce off of springs, I mean, sure you CAN throw logic out the window... i'm just curious if that was an intentional decision, as I think it'd be cooler if he you know... couldn't do that.
Not that it makes this mod worse, just sayin...idk

The Grapple Punch doesn't lock into the nearest targets. Also...
PLS MAKE IT ABLE TO STUN METAL!!!
That damned boss is pretty annoying as Werehog, and also the Vanilla Homing Attack can stun him, so...

Ah yes, I get to vibe check people! lol

In all seriousness, amazing work on this character. Very fluent to play! The grabbing and jumping all feel good and natural!

a toggle to disable the jazz band entirely would be lovely.
werehog is supposed to be a character that focuses on combat and stringing long kill chains together, but i'm discouraged from it because if i do, then i'm almost guaranteed to have the level music cut off by a song that, quite frankly, is just annoying and grating to listen to.
if i don't want to hear the jazz band, i have to just go through the level not fighting anything, and at that point it's no different from playing any other character.

The Grapple Punch doesn't lock into the nearest targets. Also...
PLS MAKE IT ABLE TO STUN METAL!!!
That damned boss is pretty annoying as Werehog, and also the Vanilla Homing Attack can stun him, so...

Trust me, I tried getting it to stun metal. He's intangible when not "stunned" so the hand actually refuses to "collide" with Metal. By the way, what do you mean it doesn't lock onto the nearest target? I haven't had any issues with it.

The update does wonders to his gameplay... although the constant lock-on sound effect playing multiple times per second is making my ears bleed. It was way, way more tolerable when that wasn't a feature.

I agree with the lock on sound, it wouldn't be as bad of a thing if the homing attack only worked on what's nearest to you... and whatever direction you're facing I suppose. The problem probably is that the homing attack constantly switches between one target and another. That's just my thinking. Anyway, you could probably have homingsfx_on and homingsfx_off for the console... maybe be off by default? I don't know how you code the homing attack, so I don't know if any improvements can be made. I'm very not-knowledgeable about lua so yeah.

a toggle to disable the jazz band entirely would be lovely.
werehog is supposed to be a character that focuses on combat and stringing long kill chains together, but i'm discouraged from it because if i do, then i'm almost guaranteed to have the level music cut off by a song that, quite frankly, is just annoying and grating to listen to.
if i don't want to hear the jazz band, i have to just go through the level not fighting anything, and at that point it's no different from playing any other character.

I second this, a toggle would be much appreciated.

explain this

Attachments

• srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 381
Updated to version 4.1!

Its quite the update that totally will stick around forever and not be deleted tomorrow!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back