SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Shadow...... Android?? Am... I... an android... too?! Details »»
Shadow...... Android?? Am... I... an android... too?!
Version: 1.1, by Princess Draykon (Plush Princess) Princess Draykon is online now
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 06-26-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 6
Characters Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

Mass produced Shadow Androids are invading SRB2!

Although the Shadow Androids have a homing attack, it's strictly a mobility option that can't kill enemies. They won't damage enemies by jumping on them either. So how do you fight badniks?

Your gun has a very high range and firing rate, but some bullet spread. You can move while shooting, but your accuracy will go down when you do.

On some weirdness with this release:

Spoiler:
Shadow Android was created as an experiment to see how quickly I could make a not-terrible-looking character WAD using prerendered sprites and an established workflow.
It turns out the answer is "disgustingly fast." Truth be told I kinda felt like I was cheating. Most character mods are made by hand over super long periods of time by crazy skilled and passionate people, and here I am cynically automating the process. This next to Inazuma's crazy-polished-but-still-unreleased Shadow mod was supposed to be the punchline of the whole experiment, but it just kinda made me feel like an asshole instead.

Still, I thought it was fun enough to be worth playing, so I originally released it under an alias on a different website. I then noticed just how shady that website was, and quickly took it down- though not before getting some valuable feedback on discord. I can provide the judges with screenshots of my rendering workflow if they need proof that I'm the author.

Changelog:

Spoiler:

V 1.1
  • Initial MB release
  • Made it so that you can't jump while shooting- though you can still shoot while jumping.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause your fire rate to skyrocket when used on a ledge.
  • Made the homing attack set and check PF_THOKKED like you'd expect
  • Bouncing off of enemies only overrides your momz during a homing attack, and for a split second after. This means you can crawla bounce like a normal character now, but still don't get tons of free height just from a vertical homing attack.
  • Added a small cooldown to homing attacking the same enemy, to make it a little less silly.
  • Fixed the offsets on a couple frames before realizing how massive a task its' going to be and giving up for now.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 VCL_ShadowAndroid-V1.1.pk3 (536.5 KB, 1121 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20130.gif
Views:	288
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	33637   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20124.gif
Views:	3942
Size:	570.6 KB
ID:	33638   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20048.png
Views:	600
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	33639   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20133.gif
Views:	3955
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	33640  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22
little guy*

We could try making the name a sprite and then attach it

Just playing 2.2!
little guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23
Icarus

Quote:
I know right?! I was super in to that whole plotline as a kid, and then they just dropped it completely.

Yeah... maybe the Sonic Team didn't want to continue with Shadow... now he's just there.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #24
KnuxlyBoi

Default Legitly Epic Anyways

Oh boi dis is epic
KnuxlyBoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #25
GrayAngel

I didn't realize this was made with prerendered graphics. That's pretty interesting. It's not like Donkey Kong Country quality prerendering, but still. I think the Xtreme Sonic mod also uses prerendering, but I don't see many other characters doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
Uuuuuhhhh the black-furred Shadow Android has yellow stripes not orange ones
Eh. Looks close enough to me. Besides, there were Shadow Androids with multiple color patterns, including some that were just black and red, like the original Shadow. If you have a friend you hate enough to play 2P mode with, there are also a variety of extra colors to choose from.

GrayAngel is offline   Reply With Quote