What old mods do you want to come back?

Yea eggmanway5 was from the Final Demo era, but it'd be awesome to see a mod in that style for 2.2 though.

1646270587150.png

1646270648307.png

<Mod Download>

... ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵒⁿᶦᶜ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵏⁿᶦᵍʰᵗ.ʷᵃᵈ ᵒʳ ᵃˢ ᶦ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵃˡˡ ᶦᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵒᶠ ˢᵒⁿᶦᶜ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵏⁿᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵒᵘʳˢᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᶠˡᵉˢʰᵉᵈ ᵒᵘᵗ... ʸᵉ... ᵒʰ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶜʰᵃᵒˢ ⁰ ᵐᵒᵈ... ᶦᵈᵏ ʷʰʸ ᶦᵐ ʷʰᶦˢᵖᵉʳᶦⁿᵍ ᶦⁿ ᵗᵉˣᵗ ᵇᵘᵗ ʷʰᵃᵗᵉᵛᵉʳ.

The sad news is that Boss Mayhem was made by a proven pedophile, so I'd be looking toward Logan8r's True Arena, which appears to be integrating most of Boss Mayhem's content.
I know Sapheros was proven a pedophile, I just want to play Egg Serpentoast for some reason.

only mod i really want to see come back is tortured planet, i kinda miss it sometimes

Seconding Orb.wad from Lach, plus Cobalt's own Proto, a very nice shooting twist on the standard platforming. Given who both those creators are, they've understandably bigger ambitions to pursue than revisiting them. I also liked all those other badnik wads all over 2.1's section. But I'd be okay if they were all put in one pack, or better yet have them as part of some "possess enemies" mode.

There's also Katmint's Eggman wad from 2.1, which appears to've been removed from this site (Wayback link). Endless amusement was had just flying over and blowing everything up, but the general concept of being a controllable boss battle versus just a regular playable character just shouts potential, especially with all the new LUA capabilities. Creator.wad and this unfinished 2.2 ridable eggmobile mod are similar in that regard. Those wads I honestly feel would make for a good basis for a "VS Saxton Hale"-esque 1 player versus the rest of the server mode, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I know this is a lot, but I also really liked Monitor Plus; playing with randomized monitors feels like another layer of mayhem that the chaotic edition and RTD mods already bring. The non-joke powerups make for pretty good resources for level mods as well.

SRB2 Top-Down needs to come back.
A port is being worked on.
Post automatically merged:

Seconding Orb.wad from Lach, plus Cobalt's own Proto, a very nice shooting twist on the standard platforming. Given who both those creators are, they've understandably bigger ambitions to pursue than revisiting them. I also liked all those other badnik wads all over 2.1's section. But I'd be okay if they were all put in one pack, or better yet have them as part of some "possess enemies" mode.

There's also Katmint's Eggman wad from 2.1, which appears to've been removed from this site (Wayback link). Endless amusement was had just flying over and blowing everything up, but the general concept of being a controllable boss battle versus just a regular playable character just shouts potential, especially with all the new LUA capabilities. Creator.wad and this unfinished 2.2 ridable eggmobile mod are similar in that regard. Those wads I honestly feel would make for a good basis for a "VS Saxton Hale"-esque 1 player versus the rest of the server mode, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I know this is a lot, but I also really liked Monitor Plus; playing with randomized monitors feels like another layer of mayhem that the chaotic edition and RTD mods already bring. The non-joke powerups make for pretty good resources for level mods as well.
Actually, i have a port of creator.wad!
Found it on a server btw.

Edit: Here's a GIF!
srb20264.gif

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back