[v1.6] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Autumn 2021

[v1.6] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Autumn 2021 1.6

Othius

[A person in a place]
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
Othius submitted a new resource:

[v1] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Autumn 2021 - Another Season of Stages

After 2 delays and two whole months of development, I present to you...
View attachment 55898
(Logo by @SpinSlash165)
The Unofficial Level Design Collab: Autumn 2021
Just in time for spooky season!
View attachment 55899
After 2 months of mapping: Let's reveal the level lineup!
FIfteen new stages from various authors.​

Boulderstone Alpines by @Yyeellooww7
Close Corners by...

Read more about this resource...

We got a problem
1635813017451.png

I tab spined out of plutonium plant and got spawned out side the playable area

I fixed the snow for AHHHHHHH in icy greenflower.
Credit please?
Also this is AMAZING WORK!
Epic work guys!

Last edited:
for some reason, I seem to need to touch the level entry-vote... thing, and then go to near where the start of the hub is in order to actually start the vote. Another bug is that going through the secret portal crashes my game in OpenGL.

Othius updated [v1] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Autumn 2021 with a new update entry:

[v1.1] - "Fuck"

CHANGELOG:
- Removed a file that isn't needed and crashes srb2 in multiplayer
- Removed unused ghost objects that conflicted with Haunted Hill and Super Mario.
- Added more character swappers
- Added the correct version of Frog Fortalice (sorry Ruberjig!)

UPCOMING:
v1.2 is going to have Emblems in the Hub, and some general polish where I can put some. Just a heads up, people who made stages are allowed to update their stages and I will include the updated versions in future ULDC updates.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Othius might as well say fuck again, because v1.1 currently bricks ALL custom objects.

To fix this, simply remove a line referring to ULDCEmblems.lua in init.lua.

Boulderstone Alpines by Yyeellooww7
++interesting idea
+nice visual
+nice colormap
-only one way (and way of the knuckles)
--little variety in gameplay

in fact, I liked this level and I don't know why. I love the idea of a rocky-winter level

Close Corners by Dead
+many ways to complete the level
++interestingly located emblems
-too much "plays with polyobjects"
--too many rendering errors (in software)
-the path through the castle is much more difficult than the path through the forest

Frightful Forest by The Shadow
++this level looks very nice
++good design
-too dark
--too short

Frog Fortalice by Ruberjig
I can't rate this level because it lags too much

Lunar Satellite by GomaTheMascar , Evertone , and Othius
+interesting idea of some mechanics
+good visual style
-only one way
-ideas were badly implemented
-many moments where you need to press buttons
--the level looks like the level from sonic utopia. it doesn't fit srb2 style, but just the opposite - it interferes

Plutonium Plant by Chaolino
+interesting mechanics with toxicity (or what is it)
-too many of the same enemies
--there is a "no-hit" section
-the level is too horizontal

Rocky Hollow by Vixuzen
+it really looks like rocky hollow
-I'm in a cave, but it is very light. this is strange
-at some moments it is not always clear where to go

Robotnik Winter by Kanna , DaJumpJump , and Othius
-only one way
--same problem as Lunar Satellite, but this level is even bigger and even more empty
-section with buttons slows down the gameplay too much
--it takes 7-10 minutes to complete the level (CEZ2 can be completed in 3-5 minutes!!!)

Snow Valley by Seaballer
++amazing visual style
++this level is fun to play
+interesting tricks that are nowhere else
+interestingly located emblems
-need minor improvements, make a good exit, etc

this is the best level in the pack. it's interesting to replay it, no matter what character you are. but one question. why christmas if it's autumn, lol?

Haunted Hill by Vixuzen
+if exclude two minuses from the bottom, this level could be very good, because it has a good game with slopes
-too, TOO many trees
-the level is too horizontal and too open

Last edited:
my only gripes is that there seems to be a couple places where the game can crash, such as reaching the signpost of a level, or attempting to go through the hidden portal.
Also, Lunar Satellite has too many of the "smoke bomb" enemies (from AC in vanilla), which can cause massive lag, especially for an Android player like me.

Boulderstone Alpines by Yyeellooww7
++interesting idea
+nice visual
+nice colormap
-only one way (and way of the knuckles)
--little variety in gameplay

in fact, I liked this level and I don't know why. I love the idea of a rocky-winter level

Close Corners by Dead
+many ways to complete the level
++interestingly located emblems
-too much "plays with polyobjects"
--too many rendering errors (in software)
-the path through the castle is much more difficult than the path through the forest

Frightful Forest by The Shadow
++this level looks very nice
++good design
-too dark
--too short

Frog Fortalice by Ruberjig
I can't rate this level because it lags too much

Lunar Satellite by GomaTheMascar , Evertone , and Othius
+interesting idea of some mechanics
+good visual style
-only one way
-ideas were badly implemented
-many moments where you need to press buttons
--the level looks like the level from sonic utopia. it doesn't fit srb2 style, but just the opposite - it interferes

Plutonium Plant by Chaolino
+interesting mechanics with toxicity (or what is it)
-too many of the same enemies
--there is a "no-hit" section
-the level is too horizontal

Rocky Hollow by Vixuzen
+it really looks like rocky hollow
-I'm in a cave, but it is very light. this is strange
-at some moments it is not always clear where to go

Robotnik Winter by Kanna , DaJumpJump , and Othius
-only one way
--same problem as Lunar Satellite, but this level is even bigger and even more empty
-section with buttons slows down the gameplay too much
--it takes 7-10 minutes to complete the level (CEZ2 can be completed in 3-5 minutes!!!)

Snow Valley by Seaballer
++amazing visual style
++this level is fun to play
+interesting tricks that are nowhere else
+interestingly located emblems
-need minor improvements, make a good exit, etc

this is the best level in the pack. it's interesting to replay it, no matter what character you are. but one question. why christmas if it's autumn, lol?

Haunted Hill by Vixuzen
+if exclude two minuses from the bottom, this level could be very good, because it has a good game with slopes
-too, TOO many trees
-the level is too horizontal and too open
Ok your wrong there because you use like characters who can just blaze through some of these I recommend playing as mario for these stages because I did on my first time and I enjoyed every stage except for four specific stages in a special part of the hub. And Robotnik Winter is a good stage and the fact it's 10 mins long makes me interested.

Ok your wrong there because you use like characters who can just blaze through some of these
Sorry, what? What didn't you like about Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Fang? These are standard vanilla characters with different abilities and gameplay.

???

I recommend playing as mario for these stages because I did on my first time and I enjoyed every stage
Sorry, but I choose which characters to play

And Robotnik Winter is a good stage and the fact it's 10 mins long makes me interested.
I'm happy for you! It is your right to think so! What I have listed above is my opinion.

Last edited:
Sorry, what? What didn't you like about Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Fang? These are standard vanilla characters with different abilities and gameplay.

???

Sorry, but I choose which characters to play

I'm happy for you! It is your right to think so! What I have listed above is my opinion.
Isn't tails a cheese character?

There are some nice stages here, and the hub itself was a decent size with a nice surprise as well, good job to all who put this together.

A few thoughts on a few stages.

Close Corners - This continues the trend of good Castle themed levels that have debuted in the community, a lot of detail and a lot of side areas to discover, overall one of my favorites. To note, this level plays best in OpenGL with the shaders activated (due to the poly objects and the colormap).

Frog Fortalice - Overall it has some nice tricks, and the level itself has a lot of variety that ensures you know exactly where you are when playing again.. The custom enemies are also nice, though the dragonflies seem to be a little buggy when it comes to hitboxes. However, parts of the level, especially near the beginning, really hem you in with invisible walls (even though it is not done in a cheap way since it mainly impacts tails), the creator might want to loosen the constraints as to where you can go.

Haunted Hill - Nice slope work and easy to navigate, it is rather hard to get lost. One thing to note though can be repeated through a number of other levels in the pack, and that is how some of them often rely on a string of very similar areas with different arrangements (ie. not a lot of key landmarks like seen in the two levels I mentioned above). This level though at least has a cave section that only appears once.

Three stages that do landmarks well enough though (that I have not mentioned) is Frightful Forest, Boulderstone Alpines and Lunar Satellite. The last one especially does well in giving a sense of place.

Is it possible in the hub to spawn the player facing the right direction/closer to the levels after finishing an act or using tab+spin to return? It's annoying to have to turn around and leave the starting hill every time.

Last edited:
Othius updated [v1.2] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Autumn 2021 with a new update entry:

[v1.3] - Polish & Bugfixes

- Hub Emblems added by @Dead
- Added the most up-to-date object sprites to Frog Fortalice. I had forgotten to update them in the previous updates.
- Fixed the Pandora's Box requirement.
- Fixed a faulty emblem definition in Plutonium Plant.
- Added two in-stage emblems in Robotnik Winter and also made it slightly less shit

Expect 1.4 soon because I probably fucked something up lol

Read the rest of this update entry...

I didn't find any emblem on Haunted Hub but...

emblem hub.png

Post automatically merged:

All recently added Emblems show as "collected" on Statistics, but I didn't get any of them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back