Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola)

Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola) v2.2.0

You might think there's some hostility or competition, but in actuality most members of STJr and KK have been around the SRB2 community for 10+ years. It's not uncommon for me to see Sev, Nev3r, VelocitOni, MotorRoach, and Jeck just... watching a movie together or something.

So when you ask how kart ended up on the message board, the answer is just cuz "Sonic Team Junior was invested in it and wanted it there." I fail to see the problem with that? :ohsnap:

Anyhow, here's a cap (all the way back from 2020 even!) of Dirk trying to get Lach (who was new to Kart Krew at the time) to leak him indev sprites he was trying to trace. This just shows how far back it goes. He was told to stop ripping off other people's work on a few occasions, but he doesn't seem to have cared in the end.
the first one is more how (from what I was told from others) is that the kart krew have an ego (ikd, I don't read minds) and may not be as in control as we once thought.
the second one is more or less fragments of an unresolved grudge against kart krew for having github being the main download.(I don't know how to use git hub, and only got to try Srb2k because someone told me about a mirror link)
and that last one, I thought dirk would've had some ties with double K at this point, he had the one screenshot, he could've made a speculation of the sonic based off the screenshot (don't know how he got that though) like that unofficial fnaf3 that was built off of one teaser image.

so shortened down...

-Kart krew has made updates people arnt happy about
-I'm a petty little bitch who hates the crispy chars and doesn't understand GitHub
-and dirk done himself in despite having the chance to do something that could've been great (or at least really cool)
but what about his characters? they will have to be maintained by others lest they fade into the sands of time.

You're upset because SRB2Kart is... hosted on Github? LOL

I mean, I agree that Github is super annoying to use, but the reason it's hosted there is so that all the downloads it gets (it gets a lot) don't crash the MB because of all the data being transferred.

But yeah, Dirk pretty much did that. Recreation of art other people showed off (tracing, generally very frowned on in art communities), and posting it as his own (which full out qualifies as art theft).

But yeah, Dirk pretty much did that. Recreation of art other people showed off (tracing, generally very frowned on in art communities), and posting it as his own (which full out qualifies as art theft).
what I was saying the could've been was that dirk should've made and entire mod from sprite set to other kart stuff from the one screenshot, only one reference and the rest being a blind leap, where the end result would've been either really dumb or could've redeemed dirk (probably not)
despite being a traditional artist, I don't have a problem with tracing, as it usually looks bad anyways, and claiming it as one's own is just idiots being dumb, the best form of tracing (one that isn't art theft) has yet to be seen.

And It's all for else one beautiful skin pack for srb2kart?
Which is no different from the others Except some other stats?

And What i doing on this message board?
And where my Robuster?
And I was just about to go to Discord for singing tea...

1. Srb2kart is played by quite a lot of people compared to regular SRB2, and both games share devs from both games. It would make sense that both games would be integrated into the MB.
2. Srb2Kart V1.x was built off of SRB2 2.1, so it makes sense that the characters would look similar to their 2.1 counterparts.
As for Modern Amy, this is a result of the BonusChars addon included with Kart, which includes many community-made characters.

In case you're still wondering, we have a rule that states "Please don't replicate features or assets seen in previews". Dirk broke that one, multiple times. If you have more questions, you should ask a Moderator as I don't have a full grasp of the situation.
That sucks.... But, at least I didn't end up like him.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back