• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tails Doll Pack *Includes Character, Music, and Graphics Wad

Should I get rid of the Sweatdrop?

• Don't only get rid of it, but also add more differences to each sprite! They all look too... sim.. i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace it with something else...

• Just make each sprite look a little more different...

• But the sweatdrop is so shiny! Keep it!

• What's a Tails Doll? (Why am I even here if I don't know what one is?)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok look, this is a doll. It's prefectly reasonable how Sonic changes his hair from blue to yellow, but Tails Doll is just that: a doll. He has an operating machine in his belly to move his arms and head, and another one on the red thingy to elevate. Other than that, he can't change colors like that. He can't also move his eyes around, or spin in that way.

As the kind of guy that I am, I don't believe in Tails Doll having a spirit inside him, especially to only come out to grab a bubble.

...The eyes moving like that serve two purposes:

• 1.) To creep people out
    2.) To actually make the edge and falling up sprites look different than the standing sprites
I would have an easier time with the grab bubble if I knew how the HELL a doll would drown

I don't have access to any Tails - Hurt sprites, so that was the best that I could come up with

I personally think that it makes sense giving him the ability to spin

Wow, with all of that, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the dead sprites. Oh, and if you could give me better ideas then the stuff that I have, then I would like to hear them. Another thing that you could have done is provide me with Tails - Hurt sprites. Other than that, please keep quiet, unless you have something positive to say.

I still need to know where Sonic, Knuckles, and other characters grab when being carried, because, like I said earlier, I don't have access to these kinds of sprites unless I get them from topics similar to mine...

(P.S. Please tell me how it's perfectly reasonable that a giant, blue hedgehog suddenly turns yellow, can fly, and becomes invincible? Oh, that's the other point I wanted to make: It's a game. Get over yourself)

I need it so that ALL colours are replaced with ones that XWE doesn't mess up. That means ALL of the colours, not just the orange. If your wondering why, it's because XWE made all the orange the same shade. Same thing happened with the white, red, blue, ect, ect, ect...

i can be a red one :D

what, i like the color red, Anyway, nice sprites, i cant wait to play as the tailsdoll now

I currently just want him to be orange, so that I can release the beta. It's no good, though, if XWE makes everything the same... exact... SHADE!

Sorry, I'm just a little pissed off that XWE messes up the colours. If I release it now, you guys will just get a character that is the same shade all around...

Oh, and the other reason why he will be orange is because THAT is the default colour....

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
i can be a red one :D

what, i like the color red

blues my fav colour but anyway, i hope you get how to do that xwe prob, its sorta a big prob :( but i wish you good luck :)

*Loads a shot-gun while checking for the address of the people who made XWE* Yeah, I'll eventually be able to fix it... *Notices people staring* *Quickly hides gun* Hehehe.....

EDIT: YAY! I FIXED THE PROBLEM! Although I now need to recolour EVERY single damn sprite... *Growls* Oh well. At least he will come in an ASSORTMENT of colours! A Beta version should be released sometime between now and the 19th, unless something goes wrong... Oh, and the level music will be replaced. "With What?" You ask? His theme-song: Living in the City (Without the lyrics, sadly enough). I could add the version with the lyrics if somebody sends me the music via e-mail...

Just make sure its a seperate wad, I wouldn't use the music myself, I just want the character. :P

Oh God no, you referred to the Tails Doll curse. I thought this was going to be a good one, too.

So what if a doll doesn't need to breathe? I'd rather you made it breathe anyways. Cartoon physics always worked that way!

Shadowater said:
*Loads a shot-gun while checking for the address of the people who made XWE* Yeah, I'll eventually be able to fix it... *Notices people staring* *Quickly hides gun* Hehehe.....

EDIT: YAY! I FIXED THE PROBLEM! Although I now need to recolour EVERY single damn sprite... *Growls* Oh well. At least he will come in an ASSORTMENT of colours! A Beta version should be released sometime between now and the 19th, unless something goes wrong... Oh, and the level music will be replaced. "With What?" You ask? His theme-song: Living in the City (Without the lyrics, sadly enough). I could add the version with the lyrics if somebody sends me the music via e-mail...

The theme music is can you feel the sunshine not living in the city

The WikiPedia said:
Tails Doll in "Sonic" Fandom

Tails Doll is a little-known character because Sonic R was released in the late years of the Sega Saturn. This character has a small following among Sonic fans due to its supposed "creepy" look in comparison to its robotic counterparts in the game (Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles). In many fanfiction projects, the Tails Doll is supposedly able to materialize and slaughter, possess, or enslave those who complete Sonic R or tag Super Sonic as Tails Doll. It is usually heralded by its theme music, "Can You Feel The Sunshine". An in joke (that noone remembers the origins of) is that Tails Doll hisses the noise 'Schluuuurpy' before this.

see?

I can't wait for this though :P

The dying sprites looks like he is eating someones soul when hes actually dying.

I think he should look like he has fallen apart.

wow, what a breakthrough! a double post followed up by usless offtopic mis-spelt stuff! yay!

anyway, I wonder which color would be the most evil looking for this... *evil grin*

*punched in the face by KoF*

/me loves his dieing pose

...how exactly is he drooling blood when he dies? :P

The dead sprite is a sort of prediction of what will happen to you, since you let him die. It's tailored to the curse *Sets up anti-object shield*.

Oh, this is going to be nowhere NEAR the final version, because there will be adjustments made to fix bugs, and possibly complete overhauls.

My next project after this one is going to be a doozy. I'll be *trying* to make Radical City. I'll need some help, though, because it is going to be quite a large project. So, if you want to help out, then PM me.

Anyways, I'm nearly done the recolouring. The only problem I'm currently having is trying to figure out how to get the music to work, but I can just omit that (Remember, this ISN'T te final version! This is far from it!) If everything goes smoothly, I should be releasing it tonight. But don't get your hopes up!

Two more things before I get back to working on Tails Doll:

Bouncey: The falling apart idea didn't seem to fit that well. I tried it, and it MIGHT work if I can figure out how to make more realistic stuffing

supershadow2: What was the point of that post? Seriously, tell me if there was ANY point to that post at all...

EDIT: When I release this, I'll be holding a tournament, based on Sonic R.

Here is Tails Doll: Evergreen

tailsdollstrip23lj.png

I just had to say that. Anyways, I was just listening to "Can you Feel the Sunshine?" (Instruments Only) while I was working on the sprites, and the weirdest thing happened. I started feeling fuzzy all over the surfce of my body. And the fuzzyness felt like the fuzzyness you would only find... on a plush toy or doll.

I'm serious! I also felt some sort of presence (yes, I do believe in spirits. I also believe in alternate dimensions, which means that I believe that it IS possible for the Tails Doll to come here). Isn't that strange, or what?

Shut up my pet won't possess people unless I tell it to ;_;. WHY HAVE YOU DISOBEYED ME MY PET?!
*shot for udder complete randomness*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back