Super Sonic

Super Sonic 2.2

Icezer updated Super Sonic with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

Heya! Version 1.2 of Super Sonic is now available, and includes the following changes;

View attachment 61822
- Hyper Form! Made possible by Sir Thoksalot, Hyper can be attained with a press of Custom 1 while jumping with 100+ rings after unlocking it (For the time being until Super Emeralds are fully implemented, If you beat Black Hole while Super is added you'll unlock it. Thank you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

YES! Hyper Sonic plays absolutely beautifully! With a gorgeous colour cycle and those brilliant sparks flying out of him, you know he's all ascended and beyond full power! The speed you get is absolutely thrilling and has been something I've always wanted as a kid way back in the Final Demo days

I'm pretty excited seeing that Super Emeralds are planned as well - I think one of the ways they can be implemented is if the player beats the level with 100 rings (or maybe 150 to make sure it isn't too easy) then they'll be able to jump into a Big Ring ala Sonic 1/CD and then enter Special Stages which could use the MP Special Stage format with new layouts that take advantage of Super Sonic's stats

Amazing work Icezer! This update has been well worth the wait!

Edit: Also as a heads up, I noticed that there's some minor incompatibility issues with CrossMomentum in terms for Hyper Sonic

Last edited:

Version 1.2.1 hotfix

Heya, sorry for an update so soon, but a certain pesky bug got past testing.

- Made it so netgame warps don't kick in for Hyper and let you keep it for free.
- Made it so Hyper afterimages have additive blending and made it impossible for them to block your vision in first person.

View attachment 61939
- Hyper Metal Sonic is now available as an even more challenging Metal Sonic race variant. Designed with Hyper Sonic (you'll get transformed if you're playing as Super...

Uh, so the Hyper Metal Sonic race is completely impossible - you end up dying 10 seconds before the timer runs out. I only managed to reach the the start of the ending runway's springs before dying

Uh, so the Hyper Metal Sonic race is completely impossible - you end up dying 10 seconds before the timer runs out. I only managed to reach the the start of the ending runway's springs before dying
I beat the race multiple times as Hyper Sonic before releasing the HM race, so it definitely isn't impossible with him. Super Sonic also 100% can't beat it to my knowledge.

Beat Hyper Metal Sonic, somehow. Yeesh, I thought Super Metal Sonic was tough...
I don't like how... absurdly tricky it is to dash downward. You have to have upward momentum so you don't glide, which last for all of two milliseconds, and then you have to dash downward with spin and jump... which, of course, means you go right into gliding. It means dashing downwards is only really possible when you are literally staying still, and that's kinda dumb.
I also noticed that dashing backwards in Standard mode is not allowed. I think I remember something about the camera flipping out when you would dash backwards? Trying to dash backwards just sends you forwards, which is a little odd. This gave me a little idea.
What if trying to dash backwards instead sent you downward? That way, you have a way of instantly dropping to the ground without having to stay more still than a statue. It would probably be a little unwieldy to use, but I think it would be a neat change.

Beat Hyper Metal Sonic, somehow. Yeesh, I thought Super Metal Sonic was tough...
I don't like how... absurdly tricky it is to dash downward. You have to have upward momentum so you don't glide, which last for all of two milliseconds, and then you have to dash downward with spin and jump... which, of course, means you go right into gliding. It means dashing downwards is only really possible when you are literally staying still, and that's kinda dumb.
I also noticed that dashing backwards in Standard mode is not allowed. I think I remember something about the camera flipping out when you would dash backwards? Trying to dash backwards just sends you forwards, which is a little odd. This gave me a little idea.
What if trying to dash backwards instead sent you downward? That way, you have a way of instantly dropping to the ground without having to stay more still than a statue. It would probably be a little unwieldy to use, but I think it would be a neat change.
Dashing downwards being finnicky is a hurdle that the original Hyper Dash mod included. I could consider this idea and test things, however.

Dashing downwards is a hurdle that the original Hyper Dash mod included. I could consider this and test things, however.
That may be a decent point, but looking at the overview page for that mod, I couldn't help but notice that one of the things noted to be "Known issues" was as follows:
"Dashing downward is pretty much impossible if you aren't standing still due to Sonic's float ability."
So I feel there's no reason not to try making it work.

The Metal Sonic battle is now REALLY Hard, it is completable tho
Post automatically merged:

@Icezer Hello! Quick question, is Super Sonic here compatible with the SuperColors Revamp mod you did? Thanks!
I tried it, not compatible

Last edited:

Version 2: "This took way longer than it reasonably should have."

Heya. Long time no see, huh?

Version 2 has finally been finished, changelog is as follows;

View attachment 75201
- Hyper form's visuals have been touched up, and now you can hyper dash downward at all times by holding Custom 1. Leaving your inputs still while holding C1 will also let you dash straight down. Hyper dashing downwards can now also break floor patches and power up springs because why not (:
- Hyper form can now destroy minecart doors. I deliberated on doing this...

Post automatically merged:

Now that v2 is out I sincerely want to thank everyone who has enjoyed this character for what he is, this update wouldn't have really ever happened if it wasn't for all of you. Things such as BattleMod support and proper compatibility for other gametypes may come in the future, but I'd rather not make any promises at this point considering I'm a little burnt out. I hope you all enjoy this update, it took quite a bit to finish. Until next time~
thankyou.png

I can't go hyper. It kept saying "This cannot be done in a modified game" I can't go to the black hole zone as super sonic. Help!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back