Suggestions

I want the original Chaos Emerald's colors back.

Wut? What colors are you talking about? We have all of the colors from Sonic 2 here.

CEMGA0.png
CEMGB0.png
CEMGC0.png
CEMGD0.png
CEMGE0.png
CEMGF0.png
CEMGG0.png

The colors I'm talking about is the non-hue-shifted Chaos Emerald's.
They're still present in the game' files, the updated ones are only part of patch.pk3. (Oh and btw the Emerald Shards were also hueshifted)
Just copy them over to a wad and add it. (Although that'll make your game not be able to save progress)

Perhaps Knuckles tunneling? like the minus in Arid Canyon, by pressing spin he can tunnel underground and destroy badniks from beneath when exiting, or unearthing a monitor. The tunneling could be limited to certain surfaces (Dirt, grass, rocks, other natural surface textures)

Perhaps Knuckles tunneling? like the minus in Arid Canyon, by pressing spin he can tunnel underground and destroy badniks from beneath when exiting, or unearthing a monitor. The tunneling could be limited to certain surfaces (Dirt, grass, rocks, other natural surface textures)

I believe Knuckles has an ability like this in the Battle mode.

Simple level transitions. They don't even have to be built into the game itself; it can just be part of the level design. For instance, the end of Greenflower Act 1 should look like the start of Greenflower Act 2, similar to the way THZ1 transitions to THZ2. Not to mention the boss arenas should be changed to accommodate for this. In addition, transitions like these should also be there between zones. For example, the train that makes up the boss arena of THZ should stop at DSZ when you defeat the boss, sort of like the way the elevator stops after the end of BCZ2.

Simple level transitions. They don't even have to be built into the game itself; it can just be part of the level design. For instance, the end of Greenflower Act 1 should look like the start of Greenflower Act 2, similar to the way THZ1 transitions to THZ2. Not to mention the boss arenas should be changed to accommodate for this. In addition, transitions like these should also be there between zones. For example, the train that makes up the boss arena of THZ should stop at DSZ when you defeat the boss, sort of like the way the elevator stops after the end of BCZ2.
Like in Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles

Like in Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles

Not quite. I'm pretty sure it would be really hard to do that with the current HUD implementation. Instead, it should be traditional signposts, but the end of the vanilla level layouts should be tweaked to look like the start of the following ones. This would prevent a significant reworking of the zone-card system while making the game feel slightly less like a random collection of levels.

Not quite. I'm pretty sure it would be really hard to do that with the current HUD implementation. Instead, it should be traditional signposts, but the end of the vanilla level layouts should be tweaked to look like the start of the following ones. This would prevent a significant reworking of the zone-card system while making the game feel slightly less like a random collection of levels.

We don't have all the levels yet, though. I believe they're still planning on adding at least three more. It will probably be a while before they're all done.

I'm pretty sure it would be really hard to do that with the current HUD implementation.

Only right now. The SRB2 podcast showed that with 2.3, the devs'll change the end-of-level tally to happen in-level instead of being separate. And the game already has a fade transition that doesn't go to black (seen in levels with the NoReload parameter enabled).

So we're almost there. They'd have to come up with some way to disguise the fact that the level loading happens at all, which yeah would be the biggest obstacle to the possibility of full-on S3&K transitions in SRB2.

Accelerometer recenter

Just had a chance to play with the android port recently, and I was pretty impressed.
One thing I would like to see though is an option to zero the accelerometer controls.

Controlling the game via tilt controls actually felt pretty good but because it was based on the phones overall orientation required some contortion to see the screen and run forward.

Interesting. What gametypes could be made specifically for single player? Are existing Lua functions not enough for something you'd like to do? Please elaborate.

Ok, I have a idea for something you could add to SRB2.
It's pretty stupid, and might not even be possible unless
SRB2 was remade on an entirely new engine, but hear me out.
Special Stage Boss Battles.
Ok, here's what I mean.
Once you beat SRB2 on a save file and get all emeralds,
the next time you enter a boss act on that save file,
you will have to fight that boss but in a special stage
from a old Sonic game. For example, imagine going to fight
Egg Mobile, but you are in Blue Spheres and you have to
chase it down and collecting blue spheres to speed up, and also
simultaneously dodging attacks.
That is just a suggestion, and it might not even be possible
on the DOOM Legacy engine.

Interesting. What gametypes could be made specifically for single player? Are existing Lua functions not enough for something you'd like to do? Please elaborate.
I wanted to make a single player ringslinger game mode that could play like a fusion of SRB2 and Doom. On the wiki it states:
Since v2.2.1, modders have the option to create custom gametypes with their own rules and gamelogic, allowing for more flexible game modes. All custom gametypes are Multiplayer-exclusive options.
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Game_modes#Custom_gametypes
So as it stands, I can technically make this game mode now, but it would be locked into multiplayer coop and not allowed in single player.

EDIT: Maybe I can just use Co-op for a proof of concept.

Last edited:
I wanted to make a single player ringslinger game mode that could play like a fusion of SRB2 and Doom. On the wiki it states: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Game_modes#Custom_gametypes
So as it stands, I can technically make this game mode now, but it would be locked into multiplayer coop and not allowed in single player.

Perhaps enemies is this game mode would be variations of Egg Pawns, or maybe a variant of JETTY-SYNs.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I think that it would be pretty cool if secondary abilities were put into the game.
For example, Sonic can not only do a Speed Thok, but can also do a Drop-Dash.
Here is what I think each character's secondary ability should be.

Sonic - Drop Dash or Insta-Shield
Tails - "Pick-Me-Up" - While flying, if holding down the Spindash button,
Tails can carry certain enemies such as Crawlas for a short time and drop it on other enemies as an attack.
Knuckles - Melee Attacks - Knuckles can use his melee attacks from Sonic Advance to attack Badniks.
Amy - "Hammer Throw" - Amy can throw her hammer like a boomerang, and has slightly longer range than a standard hammer swing.
Fang - Bomb - Fang can throw a bomb in an arc midair, similar to how he does in the fight against him in Arid Canyon.
Metal Sonic - Lightspeed Dash - When Metal Sonic reaches a certain speed and becomes electrified, if he touches a chain of rings, he will preform a lightspeed dash and collect every ring in that chain like in Sonic Adventure, but as a consequence Metal will lose all of his momentum after preforming the move.

Also, I don't really like the way the Spindash works in SRB2. It works like the spindash in Sonic CD and Adventure, and I would really appreciate the option for a Genesis styled spindash.

Those were my suggestions for things that could be implemented in SRB2, and thank you for your time.

Minecraft Steve Addon Concept

This is more like an addon, but I still want to include it.
Also, I am aware there's a Minecraft Steve mod by Nightwolf, but my concept is gonna be very close to Minecraft's engine, not just minecraft steve doing Sonic's moves and have some dirt blocks with ender pearls.

Mechanics: Some mechanics are just gonna be the same as a now-canceled Dream Addon and Minecraft. You probably get the point how Minecraft works.

Tools: To obtain tools, you can get them from trees by simply breaking it with your fist like in Minecraft. To find stone, iron, diamonds, etc, you have to go fishing with an fishing rod. But you may wonder where to find string? Well, you can find string from the fish badnik.

Combat: Unlike the Dream Addon, combat is much better and more vanilla to minecraft because it has knockback. Not much to say here because you get the point.

Health: Just like the dream mod, you can lose health by falling down, or getting hit by a badnik. You can gain hunger by setting a crawla on fire. (I know it doesn't make sense, but a animal is in it.)

Crafting: Self Explanatory. Basically make swords and all of that stuff in a 3x3 area. Here is how to make a sword if you forgot.

I - stick
O - Material (e,g: Wood, Iron, Stone, ETC.)

[ ][O][ ]

[ ][O][ ]
[ ][I ][ ]
Moving on,

Controls: (I'm skipping basic controls.)

Third Person Front: Custom 2.
Scroll Inventory: Custom 1
Open Inventory: Custom 3
All that a could think of.

Notes: This is 100% Minded, and I have barely any experience with modding. This addon may not even exist due to that, it may be a dream.
And the photos are mock ups and they are from blurt's Dream addon, and some gameplay footage I taken and edited. Also note if this exist, I recommend going first person. My default was V or B if I remember.

Credits: blurt for the dream mod and photos, and Mojang for the rights for Minecraft.

Attachments

• This Is an image, not a addon.jpg
    This Is an image, not a addon.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 138
On Score Attack and Ring Attack

I'm a user that is not very active here (if at all), but I have played this game for a long time and I really want to give my input on regards to Score/Ring Attack emblems, since I feel I might be at a unique position.

I'm coming back into this game after a little while, I'm not sure exactly what the state of Score Attack and Ring Attack is right now (I last played in 2.2.1), but if it's still anything like that (Score and Ring emblems are kinda walking over each other) then what I'm gonna say could be useful.

So, this comes mainly from my experience of playing Tortured Planet (latest version), in which I personally had an incredible fun time collecting Score/Ring Attack emblems (yes even Spacewalk), contrasted with my experience of getting those same types of emblems in SRB2 2.2, in which I found myself not having not even half the interest as I did while playing TP.

I feel the reason for that, when you take a look at the requirements for those emblems, is obviously that TP is much, much tighter than SRB2. I'm completely aware that for most players, a super duper tight Ring count can make for a nerve-wracking, long experience, which most won't enjoy. But since I was able to get past that, I found a nice side-effect that made it a really good experience: the game forces you to explore each stage very thoroughly, find all the secrets, everything. In fact I have enjoyed this so much, that I played through Mystic Realm again (5.0) and I brought this approach towards the Ring Emblems, and I just go straight for the ring max, even if the emblems require only about half of the max usually, and had an amazing time doing so.

So with that in mind, here is my suggestion: the ring emblems as they are are fine. Asking the player to get 95% of the rings, without getting hit, in the longer type of stages 2.2 has, would be a bad, bad idea. But this style of playing to find everything, all the secrets, not just emblems and major secrets, looking through every nook and cranny is still untapped, and I think Score Attack emblems could fill that role (or they could be reworked into some other type of emblem that fills that role).

An exact implementation is a bit difficult, but here are my broad considerations:

1. If rings are to affect score, they need to do so when they are collected and not when the stage ends. This would alleviate a lot of the nerve-wracking-ness that comes with carrying 600 rings when you're 20+ minutes into a stage. And also, this is minor but, it has the side effect of allowing the player to go super in score attack (if that is ever implemented somehow), since the player wouldn't need to reach the end of the level with all the rings.
  2. Combos to get score would be a problem for this type of emblem. If the player can just get an armageddon shield and pop it on 50 enemies at once it would bypass too much of the exploration aspect of the stage. I think if enemies did not count at all towards Score Attack, or they only counted at a fixed value (which could be 100, 1000, a fixed value per enemy, something to encourage combat as well) it would make these emblems much more "designable", and better experiences overall.
  3. If both of the above suggestions were to implemented, then this just becomes basic level design, but make sure to have a good reward for when the player finds a secret, and make sure the player can only beat the stage if they did explore the stage thoroughly (say, at least 80%). I think if some of the life monitors that turn into score monitors were to scale better, it would help too. This is unrelated to SRB2, but very often in TP I found myself looking for one or two particular 10k score monitors because the 1k monitors simply did not matter. Something like 5k (for those that are in plain sight) - 12.5k (for those lives that are neatly hidden) - 25k (or 50k?, for those that are big secrets). These scores could still be tweaked with ring monitors and such (ring monitors would already be 1k score) to have more precise values.
That is all. Hope everyone here has a good time and keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Inject character themes (eg. Knuckles Theme from Sonic 3 alone/Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2) halfway through the boss fight theme. It would make fighting the bosses more intense.

Inject character themes (eg. Knuckles Theme from Sonic 3 alone/Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2) halfway through the boss fight theme. It would make fighting the bosses more intense.

I think that would only really be a cool way to amp up the stakes if it happens in the last phase of the final boss. However, SRB2 doesn't technically have a final boss yet. Brak is supposed to be a Zone boss, with the final one not made yet.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back