This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Found a couple of bugs/oversights that I wasnt able to talk about in my review due to it already being as long as it is.

Bug #1: Walls have no consistency on what you can and cannot cling onto
View attachment 49327

Bug #2: The Hammerdrop landing does not work on some floors
View attachment 49325

Bug #3: When rolling or spindashing into a walljump you retain your lack of midair control, even after you walljump

View attachment 49326

Bug #4: The wallcling state can activate even on extreme slopes such as this one in Techno Hill Act 1
View attachment 49328

Bug #5: The Hammerdrop does not break spikes placed on walls like the ones in this gif
View attachment 49329

Bug #6: Hammerdropping on the Wavy lava in Red Volcano doesnt hurt Mighty, as well hammerdropping onto lava in general still bounces the player off instead of just damaging them and then canceling it like with how its done in Mania.
View attachment 49330

Bug #7: Hammerdropping on some of the floors & surfaces in the anti-gravity sections in Egg Rock will create the shockwave effect but will not trigger a bounce.
View attachment 49331

Edit: Found another bug after posting this, jumping/landing on spikes while under the effects of an Invincibility Monitor/Super Form will still trigger the bounce even though Mighty doesnt need to, potentially getting him stuck like in this gif

View attachment 49332

Bug I. Maybe the creator just needs better wall detection code. Alot of people have errors with this, and I dunno if this is just a problem with SRBII's walls themselves. Either way, I haven't had problems with Espio's wall running, so whoever scripted that may know a better method to detect walls.

Bug II. Those are Floor Over Floors (FOFs). I'm guessing that the Bounce is scripted to trigger when landing on the Floor of a sector, but the top of a FOF is actually a Ceiling, so it doesn't trigger the bounce. Don't know for sure.

Bug III. This could be fixed by removing the PF_SPINNING flag after wall-jumping if the flag is present.

Bug IV. I guess you'd have to check if the wall is a slope? This may be a caveat of Bug I.

Bug V. No idea, maybe the mod only checks for one type of spike and not the other. If so that would probably be easily fixed by... checking for the other type of spike.

Bug VI. I suppose you'd just have to disable the bounce if player.mo.eflags & MFE_TOUCHLAVA or player.isonlavafof == true.

Bug VII. I think you'd have to put in a check if (player.mo.eflags & MFE_VERTICALFLIP), and then bounce the player "downward", instead of upward. If the bounce is normally 5*FRACUNIT, the bounce when (player.mo.eflags & MFE_VERTICALFLIP) returns true will be -5*FRACUNIT.
Or you can do something with MobjFlip maybe, ask the discord, i don't actually know anything about Lua.

Bug VIII. Maybe disable bouncing on spikes if player.powers[pw_super] or player.powers[pw_invincibility]?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back