SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Warrior said:
What you're doing is virtually community service.
Certainly feels like it sometimes... :? How many more months of this 'till I get out of jail?

But yay, people enjoy bots... Don't worry, I'm already working on racing AI and in the next release they resort to Match AI for all the unavailable modes (CTF and ...?)

I really wish there were more of me so I could work on every aspect of SRB2JTE at once, though... SRB2 Universe still needs the ability to use non-sword weapons and enemies using weapons and stuff... (What? Did you think they would be a boring no challenge forever?) SA City feels very neglected too... And I still need to make abilities for the mecha knuckles wad and fix HMS123 letting other characters be super for free and stuff... (I only made HMS123's abilities because it was a quick and easy throw together. :P)

But bots are what is most important to the community, it seems, and SRB2 official... Even Mystic and FuriousFox enjoy the bots, and they seem to particularly dislike nearly everything else in the mod... (The fancey-pants new OpenGL "sprite shadows" are merely "neat" but at least that's a positive thing.) And I've been working on making bots work in other game modes and not crash and stuff, so it seems to have a good chance of getting into 1.1, though it hurt to have to rewrite them so they could work at all outside of co-op...

It's an odd thing, while I would love to see more of my work in 1.1 so plenty more people get to enjoy it, that also makes my mod totally useless and I still get no more credit in SRB2 then that of a mere "coding assistant"... Everyone still obsesses over SSNTails and knows nothing of JTE, when it seems he couldn't even fix Super coronas for netgames and multiplayer. :| It's like he's insanely afraid of causing consistency failures by making some players have something that others don't and stuff...

Meh. The grass is always greener... on the side of the fence that gets thousands of downloads per release despite your side's hundreds in the same amount of time... and press coverage... and a website...

Zanyhead said:
Shadows and PSO pickups don't work right on FOFs
They do in the next release. Shadows, anyway. "PSO pickups" are still neglected. I'll fix them now.

camo man said:
Ok i got it to work but..... how do i use bots :oops:
PS I loved the over powering hms

YOU GOT TO READ THROUGH THE FRIGGIN TOPIC!!! :x

its addbot <Skin of character your trying to load>
or just pressing addbot would add a tailsbot, doing this again would add a knuckles bot, and so on...

and to change your bots color... its:
botcolor <color>

Super mystic sonic said:
Hmm, weren't you a "staff" member once in the SRB2 forums?
No. Never. :(

GCFreak said:
I think so, seeing he WAS an op in #srb2fun once.
I completely owned #srb2fun once, too. But that only means I got on graue's good side and he was drunk and sleep deprived. :|

Well this is new. I started SRB2JTE with the launcher and an IP on the join screen. Once it started connecting, I pressed esc, went to the title screen, typed in listserv, and it automaticly reconnected to the IP I had in the launcher. I did this 3 times in a row.

ok, I just downloaded the latest version yesterday, and have few minor questions:

1: how do I add BOTs?

2: how to I access SA city?

3: How do I use the overpowered joke caracter? (kupos to torgo for making it into a wad, and to JTE for featuring it!)

4: in Soviet russia mode, WTF is happening when I grab a ring?!? I assunme that in Soviet SRB2, rings grab you or something...

Aegix said:
ok, I just downloaded the latest version yesterday, and have few minor questions:

3: How do I use the overpowered joke caracter? (kupos to torgo for making it into a wad, and to JTE for featuring it!)

4: in Soviet russia mode, WTF is happening when I grab a ring?!? I assunme that in Soviet SRB2, rings grab you or something...

1: Type in console: addbot. You can also type in console: addbot <skin name>

2: Go host a netgame and go to the waiting zone. Press lightdash when there to go to SA city

3: Add it, play with it(I'm talking about Hypermysterioussonic123). Simple, isn't it?

4: Rings grab you in soviet russia blast, the end level sign makes you spin. Well, you might get the joke.

Aegix Wrote: ok, I just downloaded the latest version yesterday, and have few minor questions:

1: open console and type addbot you can set bots by typing maxbots

2: type map 22 you will access to waiting zone then you press lightdash

3: i dont know of that!

4: i dont know (again)

I wonder if JTE knows about the Revision 2 of my wad. I have tried tweeking some of the objectconfig stuff, and it still doesn't show up in single player (when I load it). Did you program it to work in Single player with the First version of my wad?

It works just fine here, Torgo. :| I can't fix something I don't have broken... I'm using the second version of the wad you released, with character 0 and whatnot.

SMS, Blue Panther, why even bother trying to answer? All those questions are answered in both the STARS page and earlier in this topic. :roll:

Okay I have figured it out. It seems to have a problem adding the wad with the launcher. Do you know why that is the case?

Found a bug.

Bots don't move when over death pits. Why is this bad? Because when on a floor-over-floor sector (like in Nimbus Ruins), it pays attention to the fact that the ground is a deathpit rather than the fact that he's on a floating platform. Thus, he doesn't move.

This means bots don't do anything in 90% of Nimbus Ruins.

I also found a bug: if you make a lot of bots, say 30 at certain points in the level they will get stuck to the walls. The only way to get those poor bots free is to shoot them :cry: .

Blue Warrior: This was already discussed in the channel and earlier in the topic. It is not a bug, just another case of bots being too incomplete to function; They know the death pit is there, but I didn't tell them what to do about it. In the current svn, they backpedal instead.

camo man: Is this in co-op or match? More info, please. :| Either way, I doubt I can do anything about it.

Jason the Echidna said:
Blue Warrior: This was already discussed in the channel and earlier in the topic.

...Oh. Whoops, a little late, I guess. =P

It is not a bug, just another case of bots being too incomplete to function; They know the death pit is there, but I didn't tell them what to do about it.
Well, yeah, that's kind of what I defined as a bug. But whatever. Good to see it's resolved.

Normaly when i play match or tag with 10 or 14 bots, half off them jump around the wall and stay in a corner jumping or just near a wall, or just run in a wall

I have had the bots stick in walls too but it was when i was playing match in the first level and they got stuck and just stayed there. There were whole groups of them just standing there running into the wall... it was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back